Respected Contributor

Re: So I did my hair again by myself this morning

wow.  i lucked out.  i had been going to fantastic sams prior to CV and was getting pixie cuts.  decided way back in January to start letting it grow out.   going to our fantastic sams right now would be crazy because of what you have to do (like stand in the hot sun waiting in line), so i did a little reading on our local neighborhood websites and found a salon that is new around here, but has a great reputation.  i called on last monday and they gave me a wednesday appointment !!!  they practiced social distancing and limit the # of people in the salon ... and everyone in the salon had a mask on.  felt really good about it, and i was given a very nice haircut !!  i am a happy girl. 

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

And today it's somewhere between Queen Elizabeth II and Little Orphan Annie. 

I'm satisfied.

q

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@violann: I'll take looking like Queen Elizabeth or Little Orphan Annie. Instead of my hair looking like Carol Kane as Grandmama in the Addams Family Movie Woman Sad

7a8f8c2343ed41db31b9fd070ea801ef - Edited.jpg

Figuring I'll probably be there by next week!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@violann wrote:

I'm satisfied.

@violann   What do you mean "did it"? Cut, color, curling iron, etc.?

Shanis I am SO FLATTERED! I washed it, rubbed it dry with a towel, and finger fluffed it. 

Trusted Contributor

I’ve done my roots and combed it through twice now. My husband is trimming the back.
I’m hoping to continue and save some $$
I’m in Ca so who knows when I can get an appt
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Email received from my salon yesterday (Friday morning) that they're open. Called this morning...booked through July!!! On waitlist for cut. The rules are very strict: waiting in car in parking lot until text you to come in, don't bring purse just a few items only if necessary, temp taken upon arrival, mask mandatory, no blow dry service, changing rooms not available so if color appt., wear something "old", but cape provided at station and touchless checkout...Have to have paypal or one other I never heard of on cell. No cash/credit cards. Is all this over the top or necessary to you?

Whre do you live???   

I went to my hairdresser's house about a month+ ago for a cut.  She cut it soooo short that it is just now to the length I like it.  So I haven't made an appt yet.  We are in an area not heavily affected by COVID (22 cases reported cases in the county).  I'm not sitting in my car in this 90+ degree humid weather Smiley Surprised  It sounds over the top for this county but it might not be where you live.  Social distancing has worked.  I'd rather extend it a bit too long than not long enough.  I'm in Texas and I hope our govenor didn't open things up too soon.

Honored Contributor

My  hair is cut in 6 layers to the bottom of my neck (just off the shoulders).  NO way could I do this cut myself.  It grows out nicely.  I do cut my bangs tho using the "twist" method.  Been doing that for many many years.  Having recently discovering the "Makeover Guy" on YT, he's shown me a different method of drying my shaggy/messy cut.  It's made ALL the difference.  Still wear it the same, it's just a different method of drying.  Not only does it look better the day I wash it, but also on days 2 and 3. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Email received from my salon yesterday (Friday morning) that they're open. Called this morning...booked through July!!! On waitlist for cut. The rules are very strict: waiting in car in parking lot until text you to come in, don't bring purse just a few items only if necessary, temp taken upon arrival, mask mandatory, no blow dry service, changing rooms not available so if color appt., wear something "old", but cape provided at station and touchless checkout...Have to have paypal or one other I never heard of on cell. No cash/credit cards. Is all this over the top or necessary to you?

@Shanus -WAY over the top. No way would I go thru all of that to get my hair done, but I guess a lot of people are if they're already booked thru July. 

Esteemed Contributor

My hair appointment has been cancelled three times in the past few months.  Right now, itis scheduled for June 9.  I feel bad for the salon owner because she has only been open one year.  

Anyway, I have colored my hair twice since February, and I found a color that I really like at my local store.  Coloring my hair at home is not a favorite of mine, but saving a bundle is really nice.  Now, I am trying to decide if I want to continue.

As far as a haircut, I am liking my hair longer.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I'm satisfied.

@violann : You get an "A" for effort! 👍

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~