Respected Contributor

So.... I bought a IPL Laser hair removal device.

Tried an epilator a couple years ago and only stuck with it for a short while. The pain wasn’t too bad on my leg below the knee but everywhere else was too painful. So I bit the bullet and ordered one. Anyone else here do laser hair removal at home? Tips and tricks? TIA   I ordered mine from The Happy Skin Co. They were having a sale. 

Respected Contributor

Re: So.... I bought a IPL Laser hair removal device.

You will LOVE it!  Best money I ever spent, in my life!  Mine is a Braun unit. It's not really a laser, it's pulsed light device.  My leg hair was spiky, coarse, itchy and everywhere ( lower, upper). It constantly bothered me with itchiness and pokiness- After using the device weekly for many months, I have almost no leg hair and it's so much lighter, softer!! Seriously, it's amazing... I only wish I had it 40 years ago! Hope you have the same result!  If you do it routinely and long enough, it should happen.💝 oh, get the UV glasses to protect your eyes...  Credit and sincere thanks to SilleeMe on these boards who first recommnded this Device!! 

Honored Contributor

I apologize for posting this but it's kinda similar in that it's about hair.

So I keep seeing on TV advertising for something that will make your hair grow.

It's a baseball cap with lights in it.

Anyone else see it?  I have the big job (I think the real one) lazer thing that makes hair grow.  It looks like a helmet.

Anyone else see this thing?  It almost seems like a joke.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I apologize for posting this but it's kinda similar in that it's about hair.

So I keep seeing on TV advertising for something that will make your hair grow.

It's a baseball cap with lights in it.

Anyone else see it?  I have the big job (I think the real one) lazer thing that makes hair grow.  It looks like a helmet.

Anyone else see this thing?  It almost seems like a joke.

@Annabellethecat66   I do believe I saw on this website that QVC is now carrying the Hairmax ball cap style. It’s $1500.00, but if it works for someone who needs it, I’m sure it’s worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I have lots of hair (length-wise) and it's only a little thin right in the front.

I wear a wig because I'm vain and it's easy to throw the thing on.

I bought the expensive one on QVC but I'm also lazy about putting the thing on.

You are right.  In this country people have disposable income.

I find it fascinating that people are STILL buying so much when they have no idea when their next paycheck is coming.

I think that's the nature of Americans though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I had most of my body hair professionally lasered away. But over time some new hairs sprouted out so that's when I bought an IPL device. I use it to zap the occasional newly sprouted hair which is a rare occurrence.

BTW, laser hair removal is not the same as IPL. The difference is the light source itself. Laser light is a specific (monochromatic) wavelength that is engineered to treat  the pigment in the hair follicles. IPL (intense pulse light) is a broadband light bulb that emits an extremely bright light that penetrates the skin and burns out the pigment in the hair follicle. Both IPL and laser hair removal are considered permanent.

Honored Contributor

I have the Tría I bought years ago and it really did wonders on unwanted body hair  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Many years ago I had most of my body hair professionally lasered away. But over time some new hairs sprouted out so that's when I bought an IPL device. I use it to zap the occasional newly sprouted hair which is a rare occurrence.

BTW, laser hair removal is not the same as IPL. The difference is the light source itself. Laser light is a specific (monochromatic) wavelength that is engineered to treat  the pigment in the hair follicles. IPL (intense pulse light) is a broadband light bulb that emits an extremely bright light that penetrates the skin and burns out the pigment in the hair follicle. Both IPL and laser hair removal are considered permanent.

@SilleeMee   I wishi would’ve bought one a few years ago. I’m tired of shaving everyday or every other day. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't been for electrolysis in a few years and have been snipping some facial hair with small scissors.  Thinking about "shaving" my face until I can get back to electrolysis. Hard to tell how noticible the hair is in general as I view it in a 10X mirror which makes it look gross. LOL