Esteemed Contributor

Re: So BECCA left HSN for QVC...

Wow I am shocked!   If you would prefer to buy from HSN then why are you on the Q's Forum? 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe, are you referring to my comment?  If so, there are still a few things sold on the Q that aren't sold on HSN or I can't get the configuration somewhere else.  But I think most people would shop around for the best deal, sites with coupons and free Shipping.  But mostly I'm on the Q forums because a lot of really nice, smart shoppers on here with great input that I like, and I like to read their comments.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

Because not everyone does ALL their shopping at a single retailer. I know I don't; do you??

The Q has monitors on these boards that apparently accept that fact and allow discussion relevant to the topic regardless of where we shop....

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe

Because not everyone does ALL their shopping at a single retailer. I know I don't; do you??

The Q has monitors on these boards that apparently accept that fact and allow discussion relevant to the topic regardless of where we shop...

@Andreatoo      Of course I shop other places.  I don't come on here and talk about other shopping channels.   Actually Q is the only shopping channel that I do shop at.  If I did, I wouldn't be talking about it on Q boards.  Just as I would not go to another shopping forum and discuss the Q.   Sorry you don't like my comment, but that is how I feel and I have a right to my opinion.  Have a geat day!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Wow I am shocked!   If you would prefer to buy from HSN then why are you on the Q's Forum? 

I prefer to buy from Ulta.  That has nothing to do with where you choose to discuss beauty products.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy any cosmetics online.  I do use Jose Moran Argon oil products.  That wasn't my point.  I never said that you shouldn't shop around, or that you should only buy from the Q.  Someone was saying they don't buy anything from Q and if that is true, She shouldn't be on here.  JMO    I am done discussing this, because I haven't been posting long, but I can tell that there are a few people on here that like to cause issues on here, and I will not be a part of it!   Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Someone was saying they don't buy anything from Q and if that is true, She shouldn't be on here.  JMO   

Why?  This is a forum discussing beauty products, not just beauty products sold at QVC.

Honored Contributor

All I know is HSN sends me 20% off coupons all the time even though I don't have their credit card. QVC sends me no coupons. Rarely do I buy anything from QVC because other retailers have better deals and often free shipping. If I were interested in Becca's products, I would be disappointed they left HSN because HSN sends me 20% codes all the time AND often have free shipping on all beauty so I know I'd get a better deal than QVC offers. QVC does none of that. Absolutely no advantage of Becca coming to QVC, imo.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I don't buy any cosmetics online.  I do use Jose Moran Argon oil products.  That wasn't my point.  I never said that you shouldn't shop around, or that you should only buy from the Q.  Someone was saying they don't buy anything from Q and if that is true, She shouldn't be on here.  JMO    I am done discussing this, because I haven't been posting long, but I can tell that there are a few people on here that like to cause issues on here, and I will not be a part of it!   Have a great day everyone!

That's good to know because in this case you caused an issue by questioning some posters' right to participate here. That never goes over well.

As @Andreatoo stated, it is up to those who run the boards to decide what is or isn't appropriate. And as far as I know, there is nothing in the Standards that says a member here must shop here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

Not only is it not discouraged, discussion of the other shopping venues and products, but I'd venture to say that they relish the information and respond accordingly (assuming the comments correspond to sales numbers)

Paula's Choice wasn't picked up by the Q by any happy accident; it was the direct result of all the comments here on the boards..