Esteemed Contributor

There seems to be a trend in the beauty industry that I am starting to see become popular, and that is snail slime.

I admit that I am curious, so I bought three products.

Snail Jelly Mask (the paper kind, that comes in a pouch and you unfold and put on your face) by Skederm

Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule by Mizon

and

Snail repair Intensive Essence also by Mizon

Has anybdoy tried snail slime as a part of their beauty routine?

What did you think of it, if you did try it?

It'll be interesting to see the results.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Snail Essence - Tried It?

It's listed among the ingredients of It Foundation.  Everytime I use it, I'm revolted.  I'd certainly not search out and buy such products.  Yuck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I won't buy a product that has this in it.

My dad used to put out a bowl of beer on our front porch to get rid of them. They would slither all over the place. *shiver*

When I studied in France people ate them. That was one thing I would never try! 

I just can't get past the "ick" factor! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I've eaten escargot once in my lifetime (a long time ago) and enjoyed it, but not enough that I'd make a point of seeking it out now.

As for snail "essence" (AKA slime), absolutely not.  All these trendy beauty lines coming up with the next big thing.  It's like that horrible new practice touted by Kim K. of having your own blood drawn, then injected into your face.  (Talk about setting yourself up for a massive infection!)

It makes me cringe and wonder how stupid and gullible people can be.  I'll save my money.

Respected Contributor

Isomers at Evine has had a snail slime product out for a couple yrs,

Isomers Skincare SPC Snail Peptide Complex Duo  313-808

(it comes in as a single item also)

It has a perfect 5 star with 11 reviews.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819  snail mucin is very good for the skin, particularly if you need moisture or are trying to repair acne scarring. It’s been around for several years so I don’t know that I’d call it a trend anymore, at this point. Seeing ads where women have snails on their faces is a turnoff but as an ingredient in a bottled or jarred product doesn’t faze me in the least.  Mizon is a well respected Korean skincare company.  I’ve used many of their products in the past.  If I ever get off the Skinn train, that’s a brand I’d revisit. I hope you enjoy your new products - let us know.  I’m going to look into the mask. I like using a moisturizing mask after a stronger exfoliating product or peel.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is not new ,it has been used for years. I'm not sure but I think a popular brand sold here uses it in their formula.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  The masks have great reviews on Amazon  $20 for a pack of 10 masks...I might try them..

Respected Contributor

I tried the one from Isomers. It did not break me out, but I couldn’t really see a difference in my skin. I got better results from using the Copper-P and Matrixyl-4 PUR Collagen Peptide serums together.

Unfortunately, I had to stop using Copper-P because it increased my facial hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have not tried it, but have a lot on my front porch if you want to come over and scape some up.