Honored Contributor

Re: Snail Essence - Tried It?

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Animal cruelty? Really?

Yep

’Snails are agitated...’

They make them read a snail beauty forum.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

CosRx states they are gentle to the snails and cruelty-free and Mizon apparently is as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Animal cruelty? Really?

Yep

’Snails are agitated...’

They make them read a snail beauty forum.

I heard they make watch Christmas In July😩

Esteemed Contributor

Makes me wonder..... who was the first person who said, "hey, let's put snail secretions on our faces and see what happens."

No, I have not tried it.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Makes me wonder..... who was the first person who said, "hey, let's put snail secretions on our faces and see what happens."

No, I have not tried it.  

I think, (like with other things) (and as I have read) the guys who handled the snails discovered the effects the snail secretion had on their hands. And that's when they said, "hey, let's put this on our faces."

Never thought I would, (because I am a plant lover) but I did...I tried the Isomers 2 little bottles they had on special once. I spot treated, and yes, it did help to take away old hormonal acne scars.

Because of that, there's nothing really to conceal for me anymore.

Honored Contributor

I think the snail idea for faces started with Korean beauty, with a brand called Carracol a while back. 

Contributor

Kenra has an anti-aging Snail Essence Shampoo in their Platinum Line that I use and love!
Contributor

...... And you are probably already aware that "It Cosmetics" puts snail essence in their CC creams.
Contributor

I was one of the first group of people using Korean beauty products because they are two years ahead of us. I tried many of these products including snail slime. I did not notice a big difference so I stopped using it. Especially when the news showed people putting live snails on their face. Most of the Korean products are good. I now just use some of the products I couldn't live without. Also they are cheaper. I think Tatcha has an essence and you can order some from Missha which is cheaper.