Frequent Contributor
Hi Ladies, I purchased the Smoothskin Bare when it was the TSV. I've been treating my face, underarm, bikini and upper leg without issue. However, when it comes to my lower leg I can't seem to keep the indicator light on steadily in order to glide the device. In the demos they glide it while holding down the button using a shaving like motion. For whatever reason when I try to do this on my lower leg the light won't stay illuminated and I'm constantly having to reposition the device (especially the front of my lower leg). Anyone use this that can provide some tips and tricks to treating the lower leg? Thank you!
Honored Contributor

Re: Smoothskin Bare help needed

@stb13 

My experience with using an IPL device, similar to yours, is that it will work better on skin after you have bathed and dried off. The thing works better on hydrated skin and that's why it works in the underarm areas much better where the skin there is somewhat moist already. The skin on your legs is probably dry and that's making the device have a difficult time establishing contact with the skin.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I do the treatments right after I shower and have shaved. Overall, I find it painless, quick and easy to use except for the lower leg contact issue. I'm sure there is a learning curve, so hopefully I get this down sooner rather than later! Thanks again.
Valued Contributor

I've been using this for about a month now and have problems with that area too.  The best way I found to handle it is to position the device vertically rather than horizontally on areas like that and move side to side rather than up and down.  It takes a bit longer, but I think I'm starting to see the results now.  I almost returned the thing after the first use, but it's getting much easier now.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I will definitely try this. Great idea!
Honored Contributor

The reviews in the device are lousy.  But in fairness, I think many users didn't understand the process and/or expected unrealistic, immediate results.  It will take several sessions of shaving first, then doing the treatment, before achieving hair free status. And then a maintenance plan will be necessary or new hair growth will continue. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago, when I used an IPL similar to the SmoothSkin device, I experienced permanent hair removal. The only hairs growing now, very rare ones I should say, have been brand new sprouted hairs and not the old treated ones coming back. Most if not all of the treated areas have shown no regrowth and it has been several years since my last IPL treatment.

Frequent Contributor

I've done 5 treatments on my face and underarm and so far see a significant decrease in hair growth. With my legs (4 treatments so far) I do think it's growing a little slower, but not as much difference as the other areas. I'm excited to see how this turns out after 12 weeks. I'm surprised how painless this is. I wish I found it sooner.