Super Contributor

Re: Smokey eye on mature eyes?

@pommomwrote:

Yes.  I still have a lot of visible lid so it works for me.

I do, too, thanks to an eyelift. Also had the under eye bags removed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

I think it draws attention to crows feet and fine lines. Sadly, the eye area always gives away ones age similar to the hands.

anyone here have a "Turkey Neck" ??

@Reever  Mine is just starting. Not loving it, but accepting it. Geez, I’m a Grandma. Without surgery, how many 70 yr. old women don’t have some sagging? I figure, I’m in good company.

Turkey necks (must be a nicer name) and jowls are not birth defects, but an expected part of getting older....like Depends (now that’s a scary thought), spider veins, wearing reading glasses, switching from bikinis to a one pc. swimsuit, etc.

Aging is unavoidable....as they say, it’s better than the alternative.

Aging is unavoidable but I'm talking about all the sales ploys QVC is using to lure older customers in thinking these products can make a difference. Let's face it most of us are past our prime on here. QVC caters to an older, more established base. We need to say "enough is enough" and stop falling for these sales pitches. Shame on Shawn  for saying smokey eyes make you look younger.

Respected Contributor

@sol_lunawrote:

@pommomwrote:

Yes.  I still have a lot of visible lid so it works for me.

I do, too, thanks to an eyelift. Also had the under eye bags removed.

plastic surgery is something I do not agree with.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@TYwrote:

I think a smokey eye on my eyelids doesn't look good because it makes my eyes look like they are receeding into my face. It also doesn't look good on me as it emphasizes crepey eyelid skin.

Try googling model Maye Musk (she's the mom of Elon). Maye is one of the current Covergirl models. She's gorgeous and rocks a head of silver hair.

From Pinterest, here is a photo of her with a smokey eye:

Image result for Maye Musk smokey eyes

@TY  Am loving the hair and face makeup. Are you saying yay or nay to her smokey eye?

I think this is a great look for a photo shoot but would be much too much for the average senior age woman.IMO - I don't like make up that screams LOOK AT ME. I prefer to look natural - even more so as I get older.

Honored Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

I think it draws attention to crows feet and fine lines. Sadly, the eye area always gives away ones age similar to the hands.

@Reever  Mine is just starting. Not loving it, but accepting it. Geez, I’m a Grandma. Without surgery, how many 70 yr. old women don’t have some sagging? I figure, I’m in good company.

Turkey necks (must be a nicer name) and jowls are not birth defects, but an expected part of getting older....like Depends (now that’s a scary thought), spider veins, wearing reading glasses, switching from bikinis to a one pc. swimsuit, etc.

Aging is unavoidable but I'm talking about all the sales ploys QVC is using to lure older customers in thinking these products can make a difference. Let's face it most of us are past our prime on here. QVC caters to an older, more established base. We need to say "enough is enough" and stop falling for these sales pitches. Shame on Shawn  for saying smokey eyes make you look younger.

@Reever  I don’t love the expression “past our prime”. Those comments add to the negativity we receive from others.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Reever  I don’t love the expression “past our prime”. Those comments add to the negativity we receive from others.

Well, Shanus, I personally have accepted that I had my time and enjoyed it a great deal, BTW. However, at 69 , I no longer expect to be the one whose smile catches a man's eye. I've been married a long time and as we grow old together DH and I appreciate each other for things other than how we look. It doesn't bother me at all that someone knows how old I am, or that I look my age.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Shanus....I will join you on that statement being a negative one. Beside, it's kind of fun getting a wink from some "older" gentleman or some older guy chatting me up at the supermarket. LOL When that stops happening? Sad day, indeed.

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Reeverwrote:

Well, Shanus, I personally have accepted that I had my time and enjoyed it a great deal, BTW. However, at 69 , I no longer expect to be the one whose smile catches a man's eye. I've been married a long time and as we grow old together DH and I appreciate each other for things other than how we look. It doesn't bother me at all that someone knows how old I am, or that I look my age.

Still no harm in looking younger than your chronological age. My husband is 70 and looks in his fifties. He works out and takes really good care of himself. I like that about him..... And the ladies still find him attractive. LOL

Super Contributor

@151949wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@TYwrote:

I think a smokey eye on my eyelids doesn't look good because it makes my eyes look like they are receeding into my face. It also doesn't look good on me as it emphasizes crepey eyelid skin.

Try googling model Maye Musk (she's the mom of Elon). Maye is one of the current Covergirl models. She's gorgeous and rocks a head of silver hair.

@TY  Am loving the hair and face makeup. Are you saying yay or nay to her smokey eye?

I think this is a great look for a photo shoot but would be much too much for the average senior age woman.IMO - I don't like make up that screams LOOK AT ME. I prefer to look natural - even more so as I get older.

She's a gorgeous woman, and her make up doesn't scream LOOK AT ME. It's understated. 

Honored Contributor

@sol_lunawrote:

@151949wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@TYwrote:

She's a gorgeous woman, and her make up doesn't scream LOOK AT ME. It's understated. 

That is absolutely a matter of opinion.