Honored Contributor

Re: Smokey eye on mature eyes?

I seem to be in the minority but I honestly don’t care for the look on anyone of any age. I don’t care for heavy eye makeup and especially under the eyes.

Respected Contributor

As long as you do not over do it.

We had a receptionest that was older than the grimm reaper. Pale  as a ghost and white hair.  She decided to go dark on her hair, spike it a bit and darken her eye shadow, She looked horrible. Reminded me of that fat ugly lady on the Drew Cary Show but 100 times worse lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it done with a very light touch ... it actually hides wrinkling and crepiness and disguises those thinning lashes. So I say yes to a highly modified and tailored to your individual situation smokey eye.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyzwrote:

We had a receptionest that was older than the grimm reaper. Pale  as a ghost and white hair.  She decided to go dark on her hair, spike it a bit and darken her eye shadow, She looked horrible. Reminded me of that fat ugly lady on the Drew Cary Show but 100 times worse lol

Nice post, @kcladyz.  The old and the fat thank you for being an equal opportunity basher.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Great response @skuggles.  Instead of a No or Yes to the smokey eye look, it's tailored to each individual as we are all different.  Saying that no one 50 or over should sport the smokey eye is rather drastic.  It all depends on the individual.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyzwrote:

I hope you told her what you thought of her new look. 🤔

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3.  That was a very uncool comment that she said.  Was surprised when I read it.  Glad you said something.