Respected Contributor

Smileactives TSV

[ Edited ]

I was wondering about the TSV and its effectiveness compared to Crest whitestrips.   I have naturally white teeth.  Not blindingly white...but white.  Every 4 months or so, I use the cheapest Crest whitestrips package, and my teeth are white again.  I know I would have the daily commitment with the Smileactives, but that wouldn't be a problem.  I dislike the week I'm using the strips even if it's only 3 weeks a year.

Questions:

1.  How does this system compare to strips?

2.  If I use a flouride toothpaste, will that interact with/effect the whitening gel?  And if so, can I just brush the gel on at a different time?  When?  Before I brush with flouride or after?

3.  How often should a person use the pens?  And I assume you use them on "dirty" teeth?

Thanks for any and all responses!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Smileactives TSV--SilleeMee or anyone

I have naturally white teeth also.  I purchased Smileactives once.  I was not impressed.  I don't think it made a difference.

i used the toothpaste/gel on "dirty teeth" and the pens on freshly brushed teeth.  The gel pens are easy to use and the solutions all taste good.  

Maybe if you have heavy stains, you will get better results.  I prefer to use Crest White Strips a few times a year for maintenance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Carmie.  That's what I wondered.  Sounds like I would be better off sticking with the Crest Whitestrips.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used those pens before and I think they work pretty well but not as good as the IntelliWHITE pens do. Although I am on AD for the IntelliWHITE pens, I ordered the Smileactives TSV for that Power Gel as a maintenance thing. I use my IW pens every couple of days but I want to use something in between treatments to keep my teeth their whitest and I think those Smileactives pens and gel will do the trick.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, is this what you use?

https://www.hsn.com/products/intelliwhite-whitening-gel-pen-duo-with-mouth-guard-spe/8225962

I see where I can order the mouth guard separately on HSN.  If I got the separate mouth guard and bought the TSV, do you think it would work as well or is the Intelliwhite gel stronger?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, I just ordered the one from HSN with the mouth guard.  I watched the presentation and I feel that guard can be used for any future tooth whitener also.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

There is a toothpaste AP24 and you just brush your teeth with it and it is amazing!! It whitens and keeps teeth white. It has flouride also. Works like a charm with no fuss or anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee, is this what you use?

https://www.hsn.com/products/intelliwhite-whitening-gel-pen-duo-with-mouth-guard-spe/8225962

I see where I can order the mouth guard separately on HSN.  If I got the separate mouth guard and bought the TSV, do you think it would work as well or is the Intelliwhite gel stronger?

@Ainhisg,

Yes, that is the IW set I have on AD. I have used that mouth guard with other gels. But to be honest, I think the IW pens whiten my teeth more than any other gel pen that I have tried and I have used that mouth guard with those other gels, too. But sometimes I want the convenience of using just a whitening pen without a mouth guard so that's why I ordered the Smileactives today. Yes, I do believe the IW gel is stronger and that is why it comes with a mouth guard.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perfect...just what I needed to know...thank you!

ETA:  Do they ever have this set (or a similar one) as a TS?  If so, do you remember the approximate cost?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Perfect...just what I needed to know...thank you!

ETA:  Do they ever have this set (or a similar one) as a TS?  If so, do you remember the approximate cost?

@Ainhisg,

I bought the IW pens as a TS for $35 + sh, on 5 Flexpays. It was offered in July, 2017.