Honored Contributor

Smell of Lancome (Tient Idole) All Over Concealer

I have a color that is too light and need to change it.  I love the light consistency and how well it works BUT it smells horrible!  Before I exchange it for another color, I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed an off-putting odor with this product.  Maybe it's just mine.

Respected Contributor

Re: Smell of Lancome (Tient Idole) All Over Concealer

Interesting, as I was thinking of trying this next. I follow "Hot and Flashy" influencer on YouTube, and that product is now her new "Holy Grail" concealer, since the original one she liked got discontinued.

She does sometimes answer questions on her YT page, so if you don't get any feedback here, maybe try that? If you do that, I'd ask her on the most recent "Favorite Concealer" video she did recently, probably likely to see the question on the most recent video, though she might get alerts for any new comments on any of them. (She's done about 4 videos on concealers over the years; it's the most recent ones she's talked about Tient Idole.)

Honored Contributor

OK, I googled it and a YTer commented on the odor also.  Her's is not expired.  I can't find an expiration date on mine so I'll chat with Lancome to  find out how to check the date but I have a feeling it's (for some reason) supposed to smell like this Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

Batch code is on the bottom of box and product, go somewhere like checkfresh.com and plug in the code for manufacture date.  It hasn't been out that long and it has just recently been opened so it seems unlikely to be out of date.  Mine doesn't smell bad, no fragrance but just a product smell.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

Well that was rude and totally unexpected.  Chatted with Lancome.  He won't discuss it with me since I bought the product from Sephora.  Sephora is not going to be helpful with this.  I like the product a lot and want to use it (in a deeper color).  The smell doesn't linger but it is surprising that Lancome can't make the product without it smelling so bad.  I'm going to exchange it for another color.  @persiflage it has such a nice thin velvety consistency.  

Valued Contributor

It is odd that the customer service person didn't help you, I believe Sephora is an authorized reseller of Lancome.  It is just another point of distribution like buying at Nordstrom.  Anyway you know the product hasn't been out very long, unlikely to be past use date.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

No, I didn't know it hadn't been out long.  Thanks for letting me know.