Valued Contributor

Re: Small Brown Spot on the Back of My Hand. How to Get Rid of It

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Reconnaissant wrote:

Joan's best-selling hand cream contains 2% hydroquinone, the only FDA-approved ingredient that effectively helps fade down age spots and freckles, and also lightens skin discolorations that may result from pregnancy or the use of oral contraceptives. It additionally includes rapidly absorbed, super-moisturizing dimethicone, the ultimate ingredient for relief from dry hands, as well as hyaluronic acid to help retain moisture and keep skin feeling silky-smooth and looking younger.

2% hydroquinone will do nothing. The prescription strength is 4%. 

Thank you @SeaMaiden 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I have tried that method...the top layer does drop off. For my hands it would be an ongoing process........

Esteemed Contributor

I have done the 4% rx route, it did nothing.

Another thing to consider that after it is removed, sunscreen becomes an absolute necessity.  Always!  Gloves for driving and outside too.

Hands are all or nothing.  

Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

I use RHSO every night.  It's the last thing that goes on tho and I put about 7 serums and creams on my hands (same thing I put on my face).  I'll start dabbing some RHSO on that spot first.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

But this is totally flat.  It's just a spot couple of shades darker than the rest of my hand.  So what would he freeze off?  I'm 61 and I bet this spot has been on my hand at least 20 years. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Sometimes the best answers are the easiest and most overlooked! LOL  Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

This has always been a sore issue for me. A Derm won't do it because ins doesn't cover it. You can pay him $250.00 to do it. 

I use Dr Scholl's wart remover. Get a kit with a pointed sponge tip. You freeze it till it turns white. It'll scab over for a week or 2. Then it will fall off... done.

Respected Contributor

I use PTR's Nightime Retinol on the backs of my hands almost every night and they are clear.  It actually faded one small spot completely when, for a period of time, I wasn't using it and then started back once I noticed the spot.  I swear by that. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Did you try using The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid Peel on it yet? I would at least try that a few times and see if your spot fades. 

Valued Contributor

Too second treatment at Dermatologist !!    I have many and all have been zapped..no pain either..Then is derm states it is something that needs further tesing...biopsy...Don't be afraid..better to catch anything suspicious early..Most times they are benign.  Can you tell I am a nurse !