Honored Contributor

Small Brown Spot on the Back of My Hand. How to Get Rid of It

I have one small light brown spot on the back on one of my hands.  It's been there for years and years.  Since I've started my new skin care routine late spring of this year, I've been putting everything that goes on my face, on hands but the spot remains and I'm not sure if it's gotten any lighter.  Maybe but maybe not.  I'm using niacinamide but no retin-A serums/creams.   In the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal.  I doubt anyone else would ever see it but it's the only imperfection on the back of my hands and I'd like to get rid of it (without a lot of expense).  What have you used to brown spots on the hands?

These came back from a Google search along with a "bleaching" cream.  Bleaching cream I'd be willing to try but not the remedies below:

1. Laser and intense pulsed light. ...
  2. Freezing (cryotherapy). ...
  3. Dermabrasion. ...
  4. Microdermabrasion. ...
  5. Chemical peel.
Honored Contributor

Re: Small Brown Spot on the Back of My Hand. How to Get Rid of It

A dermatologist can zap most imperfections with a laser very fast.  Bleaching creams that I've used do not completely remove or cover sports.  They're still visible, especially outside in sun.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I remember years ago Joan Rivers used to sell a hand cream for liver/age spots on QVC. At the time, she used it herself constantly.

Valued Contributor

Joan's best-selling hand cream contains 2% hydroquinone, the only FDA-approved ingredient that effectively helps fade down age spots and freckles, and also lightens skin discolorations that may result from pregnancy or the use of oral contraceptives. It additionally includes rapidly absorbed, super-moisturizing dimethicone, the ultimate ingredient for relief from dry hands, as well as hyaluronic acid to help retain moisture and keep skin feeling silky-smooth and looking younger.

Honored Contributor

A dot of concealer would be your best bet 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I had a small, light brown spot on my forehead near my hairline.  About 2 months ago I started pressing rose hip oil onto my face at bedtime, and dabbed a bit on that spot.  It has faded a lot....can barely see it now.

Honored Contributor

Freeze wart remover applied to the spot. It will scab over but after the scab falls off it will look better. Might have to repeat the process if spot is still there. 

Otherwise just go and have it laser treated.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reconnaissant wrote:

Joan's best-selling hand cream contains 2% hydroquinone, the only FDA-approved ingredient that effectively helps fade down age spots and freckles, and also lightens skin discolorations that may result from pregnancy or the use of oral contraceptives. It additionally includes rapidly absorbed, super-moisturizing dimethicone, the ultimate ingredient for relief from dry hands, as well as hyaluronic acid to help retain moisture and keep skin feeling silky-smooth and looking younger.

2% hydroquinone will do nothing. The prescription strength is 4%. 

Honored Contributor

Hydochloroquine got rid of my melisma I got after pregnancy but it takes awhile. For quicker results I'd see a derm which may not end up being too much since it's just that one spot. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree with other poster for Ambi Skin Lightening cream.  You can purchase it at Wal-Mart for $4.99.  It contains 2% hydroquinone.