Esteemed Contributor
OMG so funny to read your comment because every time I see them doing that I want to scream STOP DOING THAT! JUST STOP! And yet I can't help watching just to see if they do it, sort of like when you drive by the scene of an accident and you don't want to look but can't stop yourself from looking.
Honored Contributor

Do the models end up with the lipstick all over their faces? I haven't seen that happen.

I don't and I smoosh.

I guess it's a talent. Either you've got it or you don't.

Respected Contributor
On 7/15/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Do the models end up with the lipstick all over their faces? I haven't seen that happen.

I don't and I smoosh.

I guess it's a talent. Either you've got it or you don't.

It's way more fun if the lipstick winds up all over someone else's face

Respected Contributor
On 7/15/2014 Sooner said:

That's the way I do it! I put it on the bottom lip, roll my lips inward and it goes on perfectly on the top. I have a sort of prominent bow and fuller lips, so I'm not sure the mechanics of it, but it works like a charm. Someone saw me do that in an elevator once and kept asking HOW I did it. Don't know. Just works for me.

Works for me too (:
Honored Contributor

I do it but not as exaggerated as the models on QVC do. I have full lips. Don't know if that makes a difference. I can put my lipstick/gloss on perfectly with no mirror and like the poster above, get asked all the time, "how do you do that?". I guess I just know where my lips are Kiss Wink

Super Contributor

I'm a lip smacker after applying lip products.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Regular Contributor
I noticed they do that over and over and I think it's to make their lips flush which makes the lipstick or gloss look more pigmented and attractive than it really is.
Trusted Contributor

I apply my lip gloss or lipstick all over my lips and then gently rub or "smack" my lips together. However, there are times when I just apply my gloss and dab it with my fingers to even it out a bit.

I find that too much smooshing or smacking will lessen the amount of color that shows.

Super Contributor
On 7/15/2014 Azcowgirl said:
On 7/15/2014 Sooner said:

That's the way I do it! I put it on the bottom lip, roll my lips inward and it goes on perfectly on the top. I have a sort of prominent bow and fuller lips, so I'm not sure the mechanics of it, but it works like a charm. Someone saw me do that in an elevator once and kept asking HOW I did it. Don't know. Just works for me.

Works for me too (:
I smoosh too- but can't say I ever thought about it before
Honored Contributor
On 7/15/2014 Caron122 said: I noticed they do that over and over and I think it's to make their lips flush which makes the lipstick or gloss look more pigmented and attractive than it really is.

They do EVERYTHING over and over--dice veggies, wiggle purses and blouses, and remember when they dropped the glass trivet OVER AND OVER? Constant motion is a must. The vendor will be standing there still until the host starts the sales pitch then they frantically start moving the item around. I can't watch that very long.