Contributor

Slightly off topic - Wonderful Compliment Today

I was humbled and surprised today when a coworker mentioned that she & another coworker were commenting on how beautiful my skin is and wondering what I did. It was something I never expected, but a wonderful compliment to end the work week. 

So, I'm thanking the good genes in my family (mother & grandmother had beautiful skin) along with Cetaphil & Merle Norman. 

Thanks for letting me share with you guys. Everyone have an awesome Friday & a wonderful weekend.

--Jeri

Honored Contributor

Re: Slightly off topic - Wonderful Compliment Today

@IUredhead  it is wonderful when you get a compliment you were not expecting. Enjoy your natural high!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

@IUredhead  That was such a nice compliment from your coworkers, and must have made you feel really good. I have always had bad skin and as I age the concern for me is mostly now about skin cancer. I have had 1 spot on my hand and yesterday had a biopsy  taken of the skin on my cheek. I had to get groceries after the appointment and had a bandage on the spot. I noticed a few people looking at me kind of funny, but nobody said anything. Today it looks worse, but I am staying home. I know it will heal and just hope the results are negative for cancer. I have never once had a compliment on my skin, and it has caused me many problems so I can only imagine how wonderful that made you feel. I am happy for you and think you have wonderful coworkers.

Honored Contributor

@IUredhead I think it is so nice to receive compliments unexpectedly.You must have very nice skin to get them all talking...lucky you.Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to keep sunscreen on that beautiful skin.

Honored Contributor

@Wiscfan3   Thankfully you took  care of that area of concern and  everything will be fine. Even if it tests as cancer, you are one up on things and taking care of it.  Good for you.   

We we all have stuff to deal with.....hang in there and please keep us updated on how you are doing.  ❤️ ~SeaMaiden~

Contributor

@Wiscfan3 Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues and I hope & pray that it isn't cancer. There are so many wonderful people on this board that lift each of us up as we are struggling. It one of the reasons I like being part of these boards, even if it's mostly as a lurker. Please keep us posted on what you find out and know that you won't go through this alone.

--Jeri 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

how great!

I used to use Merle Norman decades ago!

Respected Contributor

An unexpected and unsolicited compliment is the best kind! Good on you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wiscfan3 wrote:

@IUredhead  That was such a nice compliment from your coworkers, and must have made you feel really good. I have always had bad skin and as I age the concern for me is mostly now about skin cancer. I have had 1 spot on my hand and yesterday had a biopsy  taken of the skin on my cheek. I had to get groceries after the appointment and had a bandage on the spot. I noticed a few people looking at me kind of funny, but nobody said anything. Today it looks worse, but I am staying home. I know it will heal and just hope the results are negative for cancer. I have never once had a compliment on my skin, and it has caused me many problems so I can only imagine how wonderful that made you feel. I am happy for you and think you have wonderful coworkers.

@Wiscfan3- please don't worry; you are going to be fine! And to those people you thought were staring at you and looking funny at you, I bet you they were either daydreaming or not even aware of what they were looking at. Most people are too busy worrying about themselves.

I had a basal cell removed from the side of my nose. I had it taken off with Mohs and it only needed one layer. You can't even see it now.

You apparently have very loving and kind co-workers who are telling you the truth. Good luck to you!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@IUredhead  I am fortunate like you with good skin.  Excellent genes from my mother.  I never had problems with acne growing up. Plus at a certain age I stopped the sun bathing.  Glad you felt good from the compliment.  Surely makes your day!

kindness is strength