Honored Contributor

Re: Skipped the styling cream today and i have so much

The only one I like is the SHP but even that I can't use all the time as sometimes it is too heavy or does nothing. The SC is an odd one. I won't ever purchase it on its' own anymore. If it comes with a kit, fine, but otherwise I will pass.

Frequent Contributor

I love the 613 sc but haven't had much luck with any of the others. The 613 makes my hair so shiny, but the others seem dulling.
Trusted Contributor

Okay so here is the thing about the SC if you use any kind of heat products on your hair you need it as a thermal protectant - if you just air dry then you can play with any of the other styling products however you want. Personally I just air dry so basically just use the re-moist as my leave-in. And if I want to experiment further I just knead into my hair whatever else is my fancy for the day.
Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 untitled said: Okay so here is the thing about the SC if you use any kind of heat products on your hair you need it as a thermal protectant - if you just air dry then you can play with any of the other styling products however you want. Personally I just air dry so basically just use the re-moist as my leave-in. And if I want to experiment further I just knead into my hair whatever else is my fancy for the day.

I agree, for air drying you may not even need to use it. I mainly air dry and I prefer the remoist for a leave in as well.

Super Contributor

If I have it on hand, I use it and I like it. I have been without it for a while now and it's been no biggie for my hair. I have been using the remoist as a leave in after reading about it on the boards. I have some other non-Wen products I use as well.

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/25/2014 untitled said: Okay so here is the thing about the SC if you use any kind of heat products on your hair you need it as a thermal protectant - if you just air dry then you can play with any of the other styling products however you want. Personally I just air dry so basically just use the re-moist as my leave-in. And if I want to experiment further I just knead into my hair whatever else is my fancy for the day.

I agree, for air drying you may not even need to use it. I mainly air dry and I prefer the remoist for a leave in as well.

How interesting! I air dry now. Can't blow dry my hair worth beans so why bother?

I use the SC to keep the frizzies away and it works well! I use all 'scents' with equal results and never feel dirty or weighed down. Thank you though, Hilary 77, for reminding me to start at the bottom and work UP! I never remember that!

However, I have 3 tubs of remoist I never use! (the directed use doesn't fit it w/ my tight schedule). Don't have time to cleanse, remoist, cleanse again. I know I should make time, but it never seems to happen!

What a great way to use them up and try them for my leave in! Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 RespectLife said:
On 8/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

How interesting! I air dry now. Can't blow dry my hair worth beans so why bother?

I use the SC to keep the frizzies away and it works well! I use all 'scents' with equal results and never feel dirty or weighed down. Thank you though, Hilary 77, for reminding me to start at the bottom and work UP! I never remember that!

However, I have 3 tubs of remoist I never use! (the directed use doesn't fit it w/ my tight schedule). Don't have time to cleanse, remoist, cleanse again. I know I should make time, but it never seems to happen!

What a great way to use them up and try them for my leave in! Thanks!!

Just make sure you use a TINY amount! If you use too much it will weigh your hair down or look greasy. I have hair a little past my bra strap and I use a dime to a nickle's worth and keep it away from my scalp (start at the bottom, work your way up).

Valued Contributor

I was really getting addicted to the 613 styling creme, I have a bunch I got with the spring TSV...I have more coming in Sept! But one day I dried without it and sprayed a bunch of RTM in after my hair was dry.....WOW. Much better frizz control than the styling creme. Of course, the bottom and back of my hair will dry curly from the RTM once it air dries.

It was just getting impossible to dry my hair straight and not have any frizz. So, I give up, will use the RTM and wear it curlier. My hair is longer now so I can do that and still maintain a shoulder length style.