Respected Contributor

I like Skip from Perlier , but he was almost rude to Callie when they were introducing a couple of super low prices on Black rice products. He should have went over the show item prices before he went on air if he didn't think the prices were right ,she handled it well though.

Trusted Contributor

What's almost rude?

Respected Contributor

It's a bit they do all the time.  "What?  It can't be that low a price.  It costs us more to make it...blah, blah, blah.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

No , i know what you mean the price is too low that kind of thing , he was really irritated that they were offering it on autoship at those prices. 

Respected Contributor

It made her look like she didn't know her job , which she does and is always profesional.

Valued Contributor

I think this may have been a sales tactic... you know, make the customer feel like they are really getting a bargain if they buy this on auto ship ! The fact that the price was revealed and so has to be honored yet that was the price all along 🤷🏻‍♀️

Valued Contributor
I think it was a mistake because twice Skip said it was on autoship until they run out of product.Huh? Not sure what that means. Maybe it was a product that was triple sized and they won't be making it again.Skip did seem off his game.
Respected Contributor

I like Perlier products, but I'm not a fan of Skip's presentation style. When that "used car salesman" letter went out, he was the first person that came to mind.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the show.  She's not my favorite host and his sales schtick has gotten old and stale.

I've seen him be what I would consider rude, to his mother as well during a show.   

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I like Skip from Perlier , but he was almost rude to Callie when they were introducing a couple of super low prices on Black rice products. He should have went over the show item prices before he went on air if he didn't think the prices were right ,she handled it well though.

Hi, This is the routine Skip does, not just Skip, Adrienne, all of the vendors do this: surprise, disbelief, amazment, etc., they know exactly the price months before.

The hosts also make a big deal. They'll have a sheet of paper with prices and have lines of cross through marks. They'll slightly let the number side show every now and then, they'll state look at all the price adjusting they did right before I came out, etc.

In the end; vendor and host are aware of the price.  

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE