Honored Contributor

Skinns Collagenesis® Daily Defense Eye Shades with SPF 30

Anyone try this? Do you like it? Can you use it as a primer as well? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinns Collagenesis® Daily Defense Eye Shades with SPF 30

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze I use it and like it.  It does give some brightening, which is nice.  Technically speaking, I don't think it's marketed as a primer, but some people will use it in place of an actual eye cream.  Dimitri says you can use it on the eyelid and not worry about it traveling (hence, burning and making your eyes water) but I don't.  I pretty much use it under the eye and at the outer corners, tapping any excess into the under brow area.  Some days this is all I use, if I'm not using any eyeshadow or if I'm just doing a quick application of the "Don't Budge" or the Skinn "Roll-on Mineral Eye Lighter".  I do have to let it set a little while before application though when using the roll-on minerals. For an actual primer, I'm now using the Plasma Fusion Eye Shadow Primer and Setting Veil since ditching the NYX eyeshadow base.  It works really well, but you have to get used to the veil.  It's super fine and can fly all over, creating a powder cloud, if you move too quickly or vigorously with your application brush.

This is the best product I have ever used.  I am 61 and the product applies easily and stays  put all day.  I also use it to shadow my nose.  It works perfectly.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch thanks! I do use SKINN primer and the setting powder and yes, that powder is super fine, lol. Took me a bit to get used to it. I just like the idea of this with the spf. I do use spf on my eyelids but was thinking it would be nice if I could use a primer and spf all in one. I may give it a try at some point. Thanks for your feedback!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch thanks! I do use SKINN primer and the setting powder and yes, that powder is super fine, lol. Took me a bit to get used to it. I just like the idea of this with the spf. I do use spf on my eyelids but was thinking it would be nice if I could use a primer and spf all in one. I may give it a try at some point. Thanks for your feedback!

YAY @HappyDaze! Glad you are enjoying the primer/setting veil! I have a eye shades but I had opened and used it once or twice so would never dream of giving it away...I should break it out and use it more...I use so many primers they seem to get mixed up...it is nice with a slight tint...no burn...if I score one in a kit sometime, it is yours Woman Wink btw LOVING the tinted primer from ASDM Woman Very Happy going to play with the fun lip colors next few days...gloss sticks comin' soon..can't wait for you to try them..I know you will LOVE them like I do...he needs to bring them back soon!