Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-13-2011

I do  think his products are worthy of consideration.  But there are so many lines on the market and even on TV but his promos do come across as arrogant. Saying that he knows what is best for women is not impressive. Most of the good presenters offer information and facts, not just relying on over the top claims. that was the style decades ago but not now. 

 

In the past his pricing had been generally more affordable than other lines using similar ingredients, but with all the new ingredients in recent years the prices keep rising. In the past when presenting his special value kits he would often say that he could not afford to offer on subscription, telling people to stock up buying multiples. When people like products, subsciptions make it all earier all around and seem to offered more often now. 

 

Dmitri really needs to work on his business strategy. the current pricing on individual products are too high for many of us. He needs to calm down and really explain his products.

 

He has a unique position as a manufacturer and his products should be competitive. He mentioned that he only stocks ingredients and makes the products fresh when they get an order; so he is very flexible and able to quickly change formulas.  But it does not seem that the tests his products well as he has had some products that really did not live up to the hype.  I have had to toss more bottles of Skinn than any other brand I have ever used. 

Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎02-02-2019
CHEX, I completely agree. I find SKINN to be a mixed bag. The cleansers, DermaPeel, Softening Essence, body butters and Plasma Fusion Foundation are amazing, but some of his face creams are "meh."

I'm probably going to be tarred and feathered for saying this, but the Pep40 moisturizer isn't what Dimitri hypes it up to be. I used it for a month and saw no results whatsoever. I think Philosophy and PTR have better face products.
Super Contributor
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I am pretty much a fan of the non-negotiables.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,200
Registered: ‎06-18-2018

Re: Skinn

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rockinista wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rockinista wrote:

My opinion, the Brett guy from HSN is unwatchable. Pretentious and over the top.


I have to disagree with you.  Being new to Skinn, he was very well prepared and worked very well with Dimitri.


@JeanLouiseFinch   I assume you're referring to my opinion.  It was very clear.  What is it you disagree with, that he's pretentious or over the top, or both?  Obviously none, because all you said was he's very well prepared and worked well with Dimitri.  Apples and oranges   Express your viewpoint, sure, but don't say you disagree with me for no reason.......that's a bit unfair of you.


@Rockinista  Unfair?  Really?  This is a discussion forum.  I think you’re being a bit overly sensitive if you can’t handle someone disagreeing with you.  It’s obvious that I was referring to your opinion because I quoted you.  It didn’t occur to me that you would need a lengthy explanation.  I believe my reply was also obvious - I meant both and supported that with the rest of my comment.  How could you not understand that?  BC was neither pretentious or over the top BECAUSE he was a prepared and polite host.  He did not behave as though he was better than Dimitri or the viewers (pretentious) nor did I see him behave in an exaggerated manner (over the top).  That’s my opinion.  Funny, you can make a blanket generalization about this young man’s persona without giving any examples to support your position, yet you say your opinion is very clear, but then you demand that I defend my viewpoint when I already had.  My reply to you wasn’t any kind of attack on your position for no reason, it was a simple difference of opinion. 

 

 


My initial comment, before you disagreed, was about Brett's consistent and overall style, his used car saleman type presentations.

He toned it down with Dimitri....... he was smart enough to know that having two presenters that are pretentious and over the top just would not work!


As for the rest of your comments, it's not worth it, getting in a battle with you over this.  I'm moving on.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎06-24-2010

Too pricey for me and the sizes are small for what is charged.  I was going to try the make-up remover wipes but when I read the ingredients I saw that they were made in China and decided against getting them. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,242
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@nightnurse9381 wrote:

Too pricey for me and the sizes are small for what is charged.  I was going to try the make-up remover wipes but when I read the ingredients I saw that they were made in China and decided against getting them. 


Dementri said HE OWNS THE FACTORY  and makes everything.....why  are his make up pads made in China for gosh sakes?   He now comes off a 🤥 liar.

Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎01-10-2019

Maybe one of his factories is in China! LOL.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,686
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I think Dimitri used to say his makeup items may be made in China, but the skin care is here in Calif. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,570
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Skinn

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@nightnurse9381 wrote:

Too pricey for me and the sizes are small for what is charged.  I was going to try the make-up remover wipes but when I read the ingredients I saw that they were made in China and decided against getting them. 


Dementri said HE OWNS THE FACTORY  and makes everything.....why  are his make up pads made in China for gosh sakes?   He now comes off a 🤥 liar.


@SeaMaiden  His name is Dimitri.  He's not a liar, he has never claimed that he makes everything in the USA.  He makes the claim that his skincare, fragrance and body products and some other items in his line are made in the USA and that's true.  He doesn't make the claim when it comes to makeup products because some are and some aren't.  I wouldn't necessarily consider the wipes to be a skincare product since it isn't a penetrating serum or cream type thing but I can see how others might not agree.  I would guess that whomever he is in business with in China has to follow his specification or that perhaps he may supply the liquid part and the wipes are packaged there.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,922
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Wipes require special packaging. A regular skincare factory wouldn't be equipped to package them alongside bottling serums etc. Not surprised those are outsourced just like the make up. It's a different type of product.