Valued Contributor

Which one and which products to start out trying? I am 54 with elasticity problems starting at neck and jaw and am dry due to the extremely cold weather for the past few weeks and all the heat running in the house.

Respected Contributor

@BetsyDoodle

I tried that Mario line and omg, felt like my skin was burning. Washed it off immediately. I have used SKINN products for years, no problems EVER. Thought I would try the other line, WRONG. Wasn't a good product for me.

Honored Contributor

I can't speak to the Mario Badescu line, but I've been very happy using several Skinn products in my overal routine.

Valued Contributor

@Mustang Shar, @JeanLouiseFinch

What would you start with in the Skinn line?  I know the AM/PM cleanser, but what for a serum and cream?  Interested in the Collegenisis Age Reset but I have no idea. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn vs Mario Badescu

[ Edited ]

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

What would you start with in the Skinn line?  I know the AM/PM cleanser, but what for a serum and cream?  Interested in the Collegenisis Age Reset but I have no idea. 

@BetsyDoodle- Exfoliation is an important part of skincare.  The DermAppeal is an excellent product but some people can be turned off by the menthol in it.  Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the Age Reset Serum.  That's a non-negotiable in my book.  That said, I don't care for the one made specifically for the eye area.  To me, it's too thick.  I prefer using the face one all over; under eyes, on the face, chin, and whatever is left goes down the neck.  In spite of the delivery system issues, I really do like the Line Lift Serum.  I'm really hoping Dimitri's team is working on new packaging for it.  I'm also nuts about the new PEP40.  I don't know how old you are, but as we age peptides become even more important for firming and this stuff is the bomb.  It's a little on the thicker side so for me, it's my PM moisturizer.  If you need a neck cream, I like Gold Bond Neck and Chest alone during the day but at night I like applying Skinn Neck Amour over it.

I just ordered the new Oleo serum yesterday so the jury is still out on it, but if you look at the review on Evine people seem to love it.  I'm hoping I do too.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@BetsyDoodle- Exfoliation is an important part of skincare.  The DermAppeal is an excellent product but some people can be turned off by the menthol in it.  Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the Age Reset Serum.  That's a non-negotiable in my book.  That said, I don't care for the one made specifically for the eye area.  To me, it's too thick.  I prefer using the face one all over; under eyes, on the face, chin, and whatever is left goes down the neck.  In spite of the delivery system issues, I really do like the Line Lift Serum.  I'm really hoping Dimitri's team is working on new packaging for it.  I'm also nuts about the new PEP40.  I don't know how old you are, but as we age peptides become even more important for firming and this stuff is the bomb.  It's a little on the thicker side so for me, it's my PM moisturizer.  If you need a neck cream, I like Gold Bond Neck and Chest alone during the day but at night I like applying Skinn Neck Amour over it.

I just ordered the new Oleo serum yesterday so the jury is still out on it, but if you look at the review on Evine people seem to love it.  I'm hoping I do too.

I am 54, and I thought I would get the AM/PM cleanser, Age Reset Serum and Pep 40 or the Oleo

Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

I am 54, and I thought I would get the AM/PM cleanser, Age Reset Serum and Pep 40 or the Oleo

@BetsyDoodle  It sounds like a good start.  Today, Dimitri talked about how to layer some of the products.  He said to use the Oleo first, then the Age Reset over it, then finishing with the Pep40.  Since the Oleo and the Pep40 are serve two different purposes, you might consider getting both.  I'm willing to try the Oleo and see if it makes a big difference.  Like I said, people seem to be loving it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Good luck with your products.  Give them a fair trial period and report back to us.  

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@BetsyDoodle  It sounds like a good start.  Today, Dimitri talked about how to layer some of the products.  He said to use the Oleo first, then the Age Reset over it, then finishing with the Pep40.  Since the Oleo and the Pep40 are serve two different purposes, you might consider getting both.  I'm willing to try the Oleo and see if it makes a big difference.  Like I said, people seem to be loving it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Good luck with your products.  Give them a fair trial period and report back to us.  

I will give them a fair trial period.  I don't expect overnight results with anything.  You have to USE the products and on a regular basis to get results over time.  I don't like it when eviews say I used it once and nothing happened! I will let you know what I think, but everyone seems really thrilled with Skinn products. 

Super Contributor

The Mario B site will send out free samples, and will make a chart for you if you fill out their questions. I buy my son's dry lo and always get 3 free samples. but i you get your profile done (free) you can go to ulta and try the products.

I would take MB strawberry scrub over the Skinn dermapeel , wow the dermapeel is so so harsh to me ( older skin)

Honored Contributor

Like any skin care line.... Skinn for me is hit and miss. I love some of the products he comes out with... others not so much.

Skinn has a lot of packaging issues... pumps that do not work.. products in containers that do not work well for the products.  Perhaps it is to keep prices down, but, I wish he would charge more and have better packaging.  I wonder if his packaging is done in China? Many companies produce their products here.... then ship them to China to be packaged their because the costs are so cheap.