Frequent Contributor

I always use Josie Maran products and on a whim ordered the Skinn TTV last week.  How do you use the 24 hour youth preservation cream?  Do you scoop it out with a stick and how much do you use - it has the weirdest consistency.  Do you have to "warm it up" first, it doesn't seem spreadable.  Thanks for answering a very stupid question!!!

Respected Contributor

It's that consistency (more dense) because it contains no water like other products.  You can just use a spoon or something - take very little (about a nickel size), rub it between your hands and get it warm, then apply - it's a great cream, especially if you have dry skin. 

Respected Contributor

This cream definitely has a different consistency but you will find it very hydrating. I always scoop my creams out with a makeup spatula. Warm it between my hands and apply. It works great with makeup and no pilling.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I'm really happy so far with the TTV that I received although still not sure how to use the take the weekend off.  I find that to me more hydrating that the 24 hour youth preservation cream but I'm used to Josie Maran argan oil which feels much different.  The value on that kit is really a great deal.

Honored Contributor

@bunk wrote:

Thanks everyone.  I'm really happy so far with the TTV that I received although still not sure how to use the take the weekend off.  I find that to me more hydrating that the 24 hour youth preservation cream but I'm used to Josie Maran argan oil which feels much different.  The value on that kit is really a great deal.

@bunk - the way you use the Take the Weekend Off, is just as the name suggests.  Take the weekends off from your regular routine.  Two consecutive nights a week, be it Sat. & Sun. or two others, set aside all of the PM face products you normally use. On those two nights, cleanse your face, apply the TTWO cream, and you're done with your face.  You will still use your usual eye and neck products. This is how Dimitri originally instructed for use, but he also said he still uses his Age Reset Serum before the TTWO because he's that crazy about it.  I noticed that now the instructions on the Evine page say to replace your usual moisturizer two nights a week with the TTWO, but that's different from what Dimitri has said. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn question

[ Edited ]

The way Dimitri explained The Take the Weekend Off Cream was just that, take the weekend off. Set ALL serums and creams aside and use the ttwo cream MORNING and Evening on two consecutive days of your choice. This is to give your face a break from your everyday products and reset after the two consecutive days. He prefers the weekend for himself thus the name.

Not sure how it has morphed into a two day just evening treatment, thats not correct.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

The way Dimitri explained The Take the Weekend Off Cream was just that, take the weekend off. Set ALL serums and creams aside and use the cream MORNING and Evening on two consecutive days of your choice. This is to give your face a break from your everyday products and reset after the two consecutive days. He prefers the weekend for himself thus the name.

Not sure how it has morphed into a two day just evening treatment, thats not correct.

@SeaGalYou know what, that's what my understanding too!  That's how I was using it in the beginning and then somewhere along the line I heard "PM" and thought I'd been doing it wrong all that time.  Now I don't know if it was a misunderstanding on the user's part, poorly communicated by Dimitri, or if he rethought things, but now it seems to have settled into a PM product.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

JLF, actually I kinda do remember how it morphed the longer I think about it. Some of the Dazzlers didnt want to give up their DWP products even for one minute so it went to just an weekend evening routine. Does that ring a bell to you? It kind of defeats the purpose tho really.

Now he says you can just use it everyday as your moisturizer if you want to! I havent tried the ttwo cream yet as I thought it sounded kind of rich, too rich for my skin.

I like creamy serums like the orig. pink Collegenisis Serums and the DPW Creme Reverse, nothing on top of them, no added moisturizers for me. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn question

[ Edited ]

When TTWO was introduced, Dimitri said then to use it day and night for 2 days, setting aside your other skincare...he amended this by saying peole with very orange peel, very bad skin could use it as their daily moisturizer...

I wouldn't (and haven't used it) in the am as it is very thick and heavy and I wouldn't be able to wear makeup under it...he says use it like a mask so I really slather it on LOL Woman LOL I DO use his Age Reset under it on those nights...

like @Gokat said, she did her own version of taking 2 days off long before this treatment was intro-ed, and I am following her lead...2 nights a week, I change out DWP for Isomers/SSC serums and creams, sometimes Adrienne's argan capsules...having no issues at all and I think changing it up a couple days a week helps the other skincare perform better! HTH's