Honored Contributor

Skinn pep 40 eye serum

[ Edited ]

I just received it yesterday from his last visit. I am not happy with the packaging....

First, how the product comes out. One of the serums is very liquidity and kind of dribbled out... .

also it is not easy to know that you are using the upper or the lower eye serum... they should have just made two seperate containers marked visibly better.

Too soon to comment on how well it works.
Honored Contributor

I don’t have a problem with the packaging, I actually find it convenient the way they did it.  Being that the upper lid product is so thin, it’s easier to grab when it’s first squirted on the back of the hand. 

Respected Contributor

I got mine last week and I do have to put my reading glasses on to make sure which side is which. Over squirted the first time, but now not so much. I'm not noticing any change yet, but I guess it's too soon to tell. I went on auto delivery just in case it does work, but I usually end up being disappointed Time will tell.

Contributor

FOR SOME REASON ...THE PEP 40 EYE CREAM....MADE MY LID SWELL.......AND I REALLY CHECKED TO SEE IF I WAS USING THE TOP EYELID ON THE TOP AND SO ON.......I DON'T KNOW WHY.............I SEE RESULTS WITH ISOMERS STEM EYE.........MY EYELIDS ARE LIFTED WITH IT AND LOOK SO MUCH BETTER..........SORRY FOR CAPS........DRY EYES....

Contributor

The packaging is fine, in my opinion.  The thin consistency of the upper lid serum absorbs well and quickly.  I feel optimistic that this product will be a keeper! I know we have to give it time, but so far, I'm IN.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn pep 40 eye serum

[ Edited ]

I was surprised by a few things with the Pep40 Eye serum:

*I thought the dual chambers MIXED together to produce one product for upper and lower lid; this is why I need to park my butt and watch and listen to the presentations instead of having it on and doing other stuff while it airs.

*No issue with the markings; I think it's pretty clear. Yes, the print is small; use a magic marker to place a big dot on the side that is for the upper lid.

*The packaging disappoints me. It's cheap. My chambers are crooked and flimsy and move when you use them. Also, don't like the smoke and mirrors design. It's a HUGE container for a TINY AMOUNT of product. I mean TINY; each serum is only .25 of product. That means that inside those beige chambers are tubes just a tad larger than a strand of spaghetti (if the tubes go down the entire length of the chamber. 

I'm comparing this product to 2 other all-over-lid serums; both are 1 product, both are very runny (like his is for the upper lid). I feel the skin getting tighter when I apply the 2 I have, I do NOT feel the Pep40 getting tighter...however...the area IS firm to the touch when I apply my eye cream over it (yes, I need an additional cream. The serum is NOT hydrating to me at all. Come winter, cream will be an absolute). Also, my other 2 serums are a full ONE OUNCE of product where the PEP40 serum is .50 (half) and ounce. That gives me a full ounce to use all over my eye or just on the upper or just on the lower, depending on how I need to use it. The PEP40 gives me a 1/4 of an ounce to use just on my upper lid and a 1/4 for my lower. Value wise.....it's not there.

I have to disclose that one of the serums I've been using causes the muscle in my upper eye to twitch- it's obviously sinking in deep enough but I don't wish to deal with the long term  problems that can bring, so I will stop using it- the PEP40 does NOT do this. The other serum is great but under concealer...can look dry. The PEP40 does NOT do this.(yes, eye cream is being used with these products as well; their label makes it clear they are to be used under a cream)  So, there are pros and cons to all products; in the end, you have to make choices.

Despite what I think is a huge cost for what you're getting (compared to the cost of the 1 ounce products), the PEP40 has, so far, delivered what I'm looking for. I'll give it another 2 weeks and then make my final decision.

Respected Contributor

Any updates? after 3 weeks with this product, I find tha the upper lid side clogs so horribly I need to keep a safety pin in it! and even then, it takes several pumps to get it to dispense at all

While I think I like the results, they are not what I expected perhaps..The upper lid  serum IS very "lifting", but not very emollient..

Over all I like it, but not exactly what I had thought.HATE the delivery system

What are your thoughts after a few weeks of use?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker I cancelled my subscription. The pumps are an issue but the results didn't wow me. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is on the fence.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn pep 40 eye serum

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker  I'm still using and I like both serums, plan to continue my subscription for the foreseeable future.  The upper lid dispenser does get a little product dried on the nozzle tip from time to time but not so severe as to it requiring I keep a pin in it.  I just pick the dry stuff off the tip and I'm good to go, no angled dispensing or a big shot of product coming out after a clog is dislodged.  Since it's more liquidy, I still find that putting it on the back of my hand first and then using my ring finger to pick it up works best for me.  As for results, my upper lid is smoother and the crepiness in the inner corners is relaxing. I have no problems with the lower lid dispenser.  Results, the fine lines under my eyes have lessened.  I have no crow's feet when my eyes are at rest.

Honored Contributor

I also cancelled my subscription as I do not like the dispensers at all.