Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Ebay is notorious for having very old, used  or fake beauty products. I stopped buying years ago and so have many of my family and friends. 

Never purchase beauty items from EBay or Amazon. Or medications.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

Ebay is notorious for having very old, used  or fake beauty products. I stopped buying years ago and so have many of my family and friends. 

I have to totally disagree, I buy most all my higher end cosmentics on ebay, never had a problem, if there should be one they will immediately refund you, so there is no harm done. I can often tell by the packaging in the pix if something is older stock. I could never afford to try as many new products if I had to pay regular retail for them. Buy from a reputable seller and when items are sealed.  

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty   I had not heard that. Thats good!  I would not like having a 2 ounce size. It wouldnt last long!

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  Ive never bought anything at all on ebay.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn on HSN

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Shelbelle  Ive never bought anything at all on ebay.

I have been buying many of my beauty items on ebay for the last 15 years, once you give it a try, you will be hooked, trust me!! You wil lbe amazed by how much money you can save. Start small, with an inexpensive item, I started with a bottle of nail polish. Most items are tax free , another bonus. Ebay also gives Bonus Bucks and they are on the rebate sites too. It is my go to Dept Store. I would really be lost without it. Not just for Beauty, but for so much else too. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I have to totally disagree, I buy most all my higher end cosmentics on ebay, never had a problem, if there should be one they will immediately refund you, so there is no harm done. I can often tell by the packaging in the pix if something is older stock. I could never afford to try as many new products if I had to pay regular retail for them. Buy from a reputable seller and when items are sealed.  

I'll  have to totally disagree. I've purchased Lancome, Estee Lauder, Skinn, Shiseido and Payot. Most were old and one was a fake [ Shiseido.]  I only buy from sellers with a great selling history/reviews. I got one of my friends on Ebay and she  has had a worse time than I have. I don't know many people who want to deal with refunds and returns on product that should have been good and usable in the first. place. I guess you've been the lucky one. Ebay even warns buyers of this problem. I'm happy to buy/spend more to have fresher product from Q,H, E or any department store. 

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I'll  have to totally disagree. I've purchased Lancome, Estee Lauder, Skinn, Shiseido and Payot. Most were old and one was a fake [ Shiseido.]  I only buy from sellers with a great selling history/reviews. I got one of my friends on Ebay and she  has had a worse time than I have. I don't know many people who want to deal with refunds and returns on product that should have been good and usable in the first. place. I guess you've been the lucky one. Ebay even warns buyers of this problem. I'm happy to buy/spend more to have fresher product from Q,H, E or any department store. 

I have never hasd to rreturn anything, if I think a cosmetic is not the real deal or old, I simply file a claim on the site, and get an immediate refund either from the seller or PayPal, not a big deal, easier than having to get in my car and retun something to a store.  From what I have read here lately the Q is sending out old, returned and used products. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I have never hasd to rreturn anything, if I think a cosmetic is not the real deal or old, I simply file a claim on the site, and get an immediate refund either from the seller or PayPal, not a big deal, easier than having to get in my car and retun something to a store.  From what I have read here lately the Q is sending out old, returned and used products. 

Lucky you for not having returned items. Everyone experience is different. I buy from Ebay all the time  and know how the process works it's just I shouldn't have to do any of that if the items were legitimate product in the first place. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Skinn Divine Elixir is on HSN right now. I might buy it. 

D looks GREAT! 

Respected Contributor

Might check it out sometime, thank you!! Cat Very Happy