Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB   thank you. I guess you have to remain vigilant in all things.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@BdBettyB   thank you. I guess you have to remain vigilant in all things.

Sadly you do these days. 

Honored Contributor

I buy beauty and skin care on EBay all the time. Have for years.  Never received anything that was not as discribed by the seller.    Everything has shipped fast and usually free shipping Plus no tax. A win win situation for me!

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn on HSN

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I buy beauty and skin care on EBay all the time. Have for years.  Never received anything that was not as discribed by the seller.    Everything has shipped fast and usually free shipping Plus no tax. A win win situation for me!

My exact words!!  Ebay has been a win win for me since 2004, been able to afford to try so many new things over the years. Also Ebay offers lots of samples in cosmetics and fragrances , travel sizes, which I buy often. 

Super Contributor

My ebay experience for lots of items is that they typically are close outs or stolen property.  I Had lots of retail client's employees that stole product & immediatly posted it on ebay. I always use Paypal guarantee refund, & purchase less & less because of this..

Regarding Dimitri...I finaly got to see a few shows...he is a totally different person on HSN, nervous & not as confident. He also appears to have gained back some weight. I love him & his presentations, so I can over look any flaws.

The prices & product sizes are a whole other thing....insane increases for less & less product. So glad I stocked up before he left Evine. Will have to purchase from his website as he seems to have much better prices & free shipping over $50 which is easy to do.

God Bless you Dimitri...hope you will continue to bring us great products...just wish the kits & lower prices return soon!

Trusted Contributor

@wenfen wrote:

My ebay experience for lots of items is that they typically are close outs or stolen property.  I Had lots of retail client's employees that stole product & immediatly posted it on ebay.

Great points. 

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Icegoddess   could you explain further about counterfeit products. Are they old?  Is the product something other than what the label shows? How would you know it's counterfeit if you've never purchased the product before and don't know what it looks/smells/feels like?

It's recommended that consumers read the labels of everything we buy. Sometimes there are misspellings on knockoffs or a “Made in China” label. Other times, the label font might be off or you can feel the lower quality of the products packaging. Feel the paper box for a thinner quality. Counterfeits are now everywhere. It hasn't help that fake product can be bought in huge quantities on sites like Alibaba and resold on resale web sites. 

Correct.  Either watered down products or something else altogether.  So far I have not encountered this.  At least on Amazon you can read review and get an idea about the quality of the product.  You can't on Ebay; you pretty much have to go by the rating of the seller.  I have seen ingredient labels side by side of a Salon product and the supposed exact product sold at a big box store and there was a difference in the ingredients between the two labels.  

I think on Ebay, some people might buy kits and then sell what they don't want from the kit.  Nothing wrong with that.

Contributor

The main thing with ebay is to read the feedback from buyers.  I only buy from sellers with 100% happy buyers.  I did receive one conterfeit product when I first tarted buying on ebay (and was ignorant...lol)  but I immediately called the seller out about it being a bad knock off.  They immediately refunded meSmiley Happy

But over all my experience with ebay has been GREAT. I can get products at almost half off, and except for that one time, I have always been very happy, and products were fresh.  I buy mainly Skinn and It Cosmetics products.  I dont think with security these days, there is much theft going on, atleast not enough to make much difference on ebay.  I know Sephora employees(at least at my store) have to open their purses for management when they get off work...lol.

Honored Contributor

Regarding Ebay and department store products:

Often you'll see a flood of the same products offered without a box from many sellers; usually Fall and Spring. Why? Gratis from school. As lines send their SA's to class to learn about the new products, you receive a good bag containing a LOT of full size products. If you can't use them, too bad. So, upon ebay they go.

Also, each SA receives X amount of "money" to shop from their line, again, called gratis. You pick out what you want up to the amount allotted and you receive it either from your upline OR it's mailed to you. Many sell it THAT on ebay as well.

If you keep track of the season and  do a search for a specific item, you'll begin to see the pattern. No, they can't return them to the store for something else or a credit so, they turn to ebay and make $$$$. Last, MANY SA's take samples from their counters and sell them on ebay. The counters I worked at rarely had samples for customers because the employees were taking them and selling them.