Honored Contributor

@Funloving:

Thanks

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn care line

[ Edited ]

Wish I could reciprocate with a very cool graphic @suzyQ3

Unfortunately it only works for me 'selectively'.

I'm so grateful you're here.   You've given me more through your posts than you could possibly know.

You're So Welcome!

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

Just an "I second that" on the lotion/body wash scent on the Neck Amour kit, @HappyDaze .  I returned mine, and several of the Dazzlers didn't care for it.  I pretty much stick with the Essential Radiance here as my chemistry is testy with scents.  I'm not over the top on the Extreme Body Balm scent either, but the results have kept me with it. Woman Wink

@Gokat thanks for the feedback on the scent as well. That really helps me to narrow down things to try. Yes, the ER is zeee bestest! lol! I'm trying to get through the Extreme body balm by mixing it with various things but that scent is a bit overpowering so it isn't quite working. It is still a bit cold here so I am also having a hard time getting it to not be gritty, even with rubbing it inbetween my hands first. Oh well, summer will be here soon enough and I will try to use it up then. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Gokat thanks for the feedback on the scent as well. That really helps me to narrow down things to try. Yes, the ER is zeee bestest! lol! I'm trying to get through the Extreme body balm by mixing it with various things but that scent is a bit overpowering so it isn't quite working. It is still a bit cold here so I am also having a hard time getting it to not be gritty, even with rubbing it inbetween my hands first. Oh well, summer will be here soon enough and I will try to use it up then. Smiley Happy

The Extreme Body Balm should not be gritty, @HappyDaze.  Sounds like some Sugar Scrub may have made its way into your batch? I doubt it would cause any harm, it's just not as it should be.  Between this and the HL/Zulily fiascos, Skinn is really not having a good week, are they!?!Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Valued Contributor
I also find the SKINN Extreme Body Butter to be gritty. However, the results are nice. I mix a couple drops of SKINN Lipid Infusion with the EBB, this combo does a great job on body.
I would like to find a product for body which doesn't require this mixing.
Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

The Extreme Body Balm should not be gritty, @HappyDaze.  Sounds like some Sugar Scrub may have made its way into your batch? I doubt it would cause any harm, it's just not as it should be.  Between this and the HL/Zulily fiascos, Skinn is really not having a good week, are they!?!Woman Wink

@Gokat oh really?? lol! Oh sheesh I just thought maybe it had coconut oil or something in it like that that hardens up when cold outside, lol. No wonder it never "melted" when I'd rub it between my hands (like coconut oil does)!  So is it also suppose to be creamy like a body butter, not harder like solid coconut?

Yeah, poor SKINN, lol! Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Coconut oil is one of a few oils/butters that ISN'T in it, @HappyDaze ! Woman Wink  If you get a chance, take a look at the ingredients.  It's chock full of butters and oils, and that's why it is so concentrated and needs to be warmed up before applying.  I wouldn't describe it as creamy here...more like butter when you work it between your hands.  It is a specialized item and loved by many with dry skin or areas needing special attention.  HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn care line

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

Just an "I second that" on the lotion/body wash scent on the Neck Amour kit, @HappyDaze .  I returned mine, and several of the Dazzlers didn't care for it.  I pretty much stick with the Essential Radiance here as my chemistry is testy with scents.  I'm not over the top on the Extreme Body Balm scent either, but the results have kept me with it. Woman Wink

I know that D's Reorganize eye balm and the extreme body balm tended to harden and the little granules are shea butter that aren't finely micronized...his newest machine micronizes them better and the REB is velvety with no grit to dissolve with hands/fingers first... I have an extreme body balm from 2/15 that I don't believe has been thru his new machine...I use it in my hot bath and it is fabulous...Maybe put some in your hand and run hot/very warm water over it for a second...when in the tub it becomes silky smooth! I used to use it on my feet then put socks on but now I have his fab Foot fetish balm so I use it for baths, my knees and elbows,etc...I prefer a rich body creme like his Santorini or Perlier Honey balm (I have been mixing some of my Isomer's 20% matrixyl serum in with my body cream and loving it! I do have that bottle of her body cream but hav to use up the last of that 16 oz bottle from fall 2014 LOL) I imagine any extreme body balms made later in 2015 to now will go thru his new machine and have a creamier texture! HTH's! 

BTW LOVE the Huielle Vital cream! A totally delicious night cream, not greasy, smells divine! Can't wait for it next month!

Honored Contributor

@Gokat @Krissy_1968 thank you! My BBE looks like it was manufactured in Feb 2015 as well and good to know they have a machine that will make it creamier now! Now if they can make it in a different scent (or unscented), I would give it another try! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Gokat @Krissy_1968 thank you! My BBE looks like it was manufactured in Feb 2015 as well and good to know they have a machine that will make it creamier now! Now if they can make it in a different scent (or unscented), I would give it another try! Smiley Happy

I agree the cocoa butter scent (that is what I smell) is strong but it disappates quickly...it sure smells better than ANYTHING with DMAE in it Woman Frustrated that stuff stinks to high heaven LOL!

I would not mind an unscented version but I think the scent comes from the butters which are natural...to deodarize them would take some chemicals, no? rather it be all natural!