Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn Visit

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sharlee wrote:

I did notice that the 4-pack of the cleansing cloths is back!  I'm hoping the price will go down a little more, though.

Also, a triple-pack of the Hand Restore is available - at least, it was there when I looked a few hours ago.  You never can tell what's going to actually make it to the show!

Two products that I like a lot, but whew, the prices!  I've got some Beekman wipes on the way so I'm actually hoping I like them since they're a much better price.  

I will say "thank you" for the Beekman wipes...they are fine but not nearly as "wet" or moisturizing as my Skinn wipes..I am hoping the 4 pack comes down to at least 29.00... then BAM! several will be ordered..they work WAY better than my Neutrogena wipes (which run 6 bucks a pack for 30 wipes here in AZ ) and are much moister and better smelling than Beekmans... they are THE superior cloth wipe I have found...JMHO

Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn Visit

[ Edited ]

@suzycue wrote:

Or maybe he'll have 4 TTV's and he'll try to convince you that you need to buy 100 of each of them! 

A girl can dream, huh? Like winning the Powerball...you have that winning ticket, girl? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Chisos wrote:
I noticed there is a duo of tubes of Extreme Body Cream (not balm). The Extreme Body Balm is one of my favorites. Has anyone used the cream? I wonder how it compares to the Balm.

Hey @Chisos I have both and can tell you that the body balm is much richer..I always have to liquidfy the balm in my hands then apply ...the body creme is very thick and rich as well but more like a body balm from most lines...I will say it has more scent (like vanilla sugar cookies) as vanilla planiflora is the 1st ingredient in the deck...I find it perfect for winter time and in the summer I "cut" it with a splash of Isomers Pur H to make it thinner but equally hydrating...I find D's body cremes and lotions to be superior to most any brand I have tried and, trust me, I have tried them all...I do love Perlier's honey miel balm (just got a huge tub of it on HSN at a ttv price) and I use Korres lotions faithfully as I LOVE scented body lotions (have a slew from Bath and Body that I add HPur to as well) HTH's

@Krissy_1968-Perfect description! The Creme Extreme is one of my fav Skinn body products. Good year round esp for elbows, knees. I too think it smells like sugar cookies, a nice soft scent. The Body balm is very similar to body butter.

I wanted to add re: Skinn body products, I'm liking the Amour body kit. Not crazy about the scent, but boy are they effective esp used together. The scrub is amazing as it exfoliates well but interestingly, the argan oil penetrates and remains on my skin even after rinsing - it's a very effective kit and the neck cream is a bonus Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sharlee wrote:

I did notice that the 4-pack of the cleansing cloths is back!  I'm hoping the price will go down a little more, though.

Also, a triple-pack of the Hand Restore is available - at least, it was there when I looked a few hours ago.  You never can tell what's going to actually make it to the show!

Two products that I like a lot, but whew, the prices!  I've got some Beekman wipes on the way so I'm actually hoping I like them since they're a much better price.  

I will say "thank you" for the Beekman wipes...they are fine but not nearly as "wet" or moisturizing as my Skinn wipes..I am hoping the 4 pack comes down to at least 29.00... then BAM! several will be ordered..they work WAY better than my Neutrogena wipes (which run 6 bucks a pack for 30 wipes here in AZ ) and are much moister and better smelling than Beekmans... they are THE superior cloth wipe I have found...JMHO

I'm still waiting for my Beekman TTV order. The Pure Goat Milk wipes are new, right? Hoping they are nice & effective. If not, I will cancel my A/D orders. Good thing I will have a chance to try them before the next Skinn visit.

Has anyone received/tried the Beekman goat milk wipes?

I too love the Skinn wipes. Very moist, pleasant scent, very effective and nice "larger than average size". I do hope we get a decent price on the 4 pack and not dampen our value/enthusiasm with a 6.99 s&h. Or at least offer it on A/D with free s&h for the future shipments. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Chisos wrote:
I noticed there is a duo of tubes of Extreme Body Cream (not balm). The Extreme Body Balm is one of my favorites. Has anyone used the cream? I wonder how it compares to the Balm.

Hey @Chisos I have both and can tell you that the body balm is much richer..I always have to liquidfy the balm in my hands then apply ...the body creme is very thick and rich as well but more like a body balm from most lines...I will say it has more scent (like vanilla sugar cookies) as vanilla planiflora is the 1st ingredient in the deck...I find it perfect for winter time and in the summer I "cut" it with a splash of Isomers Pur H to make it thinner but equally hydrating...I find D's body cremes and lotions to be superior to most any brand I have tried and, trust me, I have tried them all...I do love Perlier's honey miel balm (just got a huge tub of it on HSN at a ttv price) and I use Korres lotions faithfully as I LOVE scented body lotions (have a slew from Bath and Body that I add HPur to as well) HTH's

@Krissy_1968-Perfect description! The Creme Extreme is one of my fav Skinn body products. Good year round esp for elbows, knees. I too think it smells like sugar cookies, a nice soft scent. The Body balm is very similar to body butter.

I wanted to add re: Skinn body products, I'm liking the Amour body kit. Not crazy about the scent, but boy are they effective esp used together. The scrub is amazing as it exfoliates well but interestingly, the argan oil penetrates and remains on my skin even after rinsing - it's a very effective kit and the neck cream is a bonus Heart

Hey @Chi-town girl I think D's Neck Amour "mask" (I think of it as a cream) is a HOLY GRAIL! It is a game changer for horizontal lines and wrinkles in my neck...has de aged my neck by 5 years easily...it will remain a staple in my neck treatments! as far as the scrub (haven't tried it) and the lotion (no real "scent" as far as I can discern) and the wash which is great! (love his non drying no detergent washes-his desert rose is my absolute to die for!) the kits was a huge YES for me..I have 3 neck amours in my stash now so I may have to slow my auto delivery LOL...I am ready for his visit in hopes of his bonus cleanser/dermappeal kit! I had to go to Ebay to get an extra AM/PM cleanser set (bonus sized,of course, with free ship which I wish Evine would do ONCE!!!!!)

Hope your New Year has been fab (even if we didn't win part of that billion dollar Powerball...I won 15 on 12 spent lol )

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sharlee wrote:

I'm still waiting for my Beekman TTV order. The Pure Goat Milk wipes are new, right? Hoping they are nice & effective. If not, I will cancel my A/D orders. Good thing I will have a chance to try them before the next Skinn visit.

Has anyone received/tried the Beekman goat milk wipes?

I too love the Skinn wipes. Very moist, pleasant scent, very effective and nice "larger than average size". I do hope we get a decent price on the 4 pack and not dampen our value/enthusiasm with a 6.99 s&h. Or at least offer it on A/D with free s&h for the future shipments. 

Not sure how the regular goat milk wipes will be @Chi-town girl...JLF sent me (thanks again JLF) a pack of the Honey and Orange blossom wipes...they are just not wet...I take one out and they do wipe off some makeup ( I always double cleanse) but I found the Skinn wipes WAY wetter and better smelling...if they come down in price, I will order lots of that 4 pk...otherwise, back to my old faithful Neutrogena...the Beekman are fine...non irritating ,and to me, they don't smell bad...just not wet enough for my taste...it may be a personal preference on my part so let us knowhow you like the goat milk ones!

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968-you crack me up. Thanks for the giggles Woman LOL

New year has started well, but no winning PB ticket...darn I was gonna buy us all a lifetime supply of Skinn--maybe build us our own factory operated by the brilliant D with an in house spa for our get togethers. 

I do think D has a winner with his facial wipes. Now we just need ample supply, like this 4 pack on A/D Heart

I also love the neck amour & have it on A/D.

A bit delayed due to travel, I'm just starting to incorporate the youth capsules. I noticed a definite boost right out the gate. Day 1 applied after a weekly peel, then Translucence followed by the Age Reset Serum, pow! Next morning my skin was so smooth and glowing. Its definitely adding value for me, not sure what I will do longer term, but so far, thumbs up!!!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I have a pack of Beekman that I will be opening next week. I almost finished with my Skinn wipes. Love them but just too pricey. As with you, I hope that I like the Beekman.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Ladies - Happy New Year.  Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  

I did buy and receive the Beekman TTV in the goatmilk.  Tried the wipes - not impressed at all.  I don't like the scent and they are not wet enough for me. I never tried Beekman before - not really into anything containing animal products.  Should have passed on the TTV.  Will be cancelling my auto-delivery.  I will say my mother loves her Beekman soap in the grapefruit scent.  

Now on to Skinn's cleansing wipes - THEY ARE FAR SUPERIOR in every way.  I sure do hope they put that 4 pack on sale.

Honored Contributor

I admit, I've been spoiled by the Skinn wipes, I just wish they weren't so pricey.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great price (and reduced shipping) on the 4-pack next weekend, but I doubt they'll go down to $29.  My Beekman TTV arrived a couple of days ago.  I'm disappointed, too, and I just cancelled my auto-ship plan.  It may be the only option for some people, but I don't like the plain/unscented-ness of it.  I should have stuck with my gut and not even have ordered the plain ones in the first place.  That said, they do feel wet enough for me and even though they're smaller than the Skinn wipes, I feel they're sufficient for my needs since I'm just wiping off surface makeup with them.