Honored Contributor

Skinn Products that I Received

[ Edited ]

I have used Skinn products for a while now and like them and they work. I got the Special 3 piece Hydro Vital Kit.

What Im not happy about is that some of the jars are made in a way that looks like you get more product. Its like a false bottom or something, not sure how to explain.

The packaging is nicer and prettier but I feel it is not necessary and then raise costs. I prefer plain packaging to keep costs down! Who needs the box inside the shipping box to be so super heavy and pretty and filled with shredded paper type confetti?!!

The Hydro Vital Deep Replenishing Creme has a strong floral smell!! I have allergies and this is not a good thing. Companies never think about customers that have allergies, asthma or fragrance sensitivities.

Not sure why this is happening but I am not a fan!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Products that I Received

@CherryHugs wrote:

I have used Skinn products for a while now and like them and they work. I got the Special 3 piece Hydro Vital Kit.

What Im not happy about is that some of the jars are made in a way that looks like you get more product. Its like a false bottom or something, not sure how to explain.

The packaging is nicer and prettier but I feel it is not necessary and then raise costs. I prefer plain packaging to keep costs down! Who needs the box inside the shipping box to be so super heavy and pretty and filled with shredded paper type confetti?!!

The Hydro Vital Deep Replenishing Creme has a strong floral smell!! I have allergies and this is not a good thing. Companies never think about customers that have allergies, asthma or fragrance sensitivities.

@CherryHugs- I'm sorry you're disappointed, but there's no deception here.  Everything is labeled with the amount of product in container and manufacturers are obligated to prove that's the amount that's in there.  As for the false bottom, I don't know for sure but it's very possible that it might be a required part of the design for the pump delivery.  Even so, everyone is getting the amount they paid for.  If you believe you're using it up too fast, it might be that the product isn't settling into the center where the pump can get it.  Try giving a hard tap to the side of the jar or whack the bottom against the heel of your hand.

I can't really find a reason to complain about Skinn's prices, at least for the products I use.  I've been fortunate to be able to get my favorites on subscription when they were at the best prices, but even at the regular prices they're still worth it and I'd pay it if I had to.  There are plenty of other brands out there that may be less expensive, but when you compare ingredients they are inferior, IMO. 

Below is the list of ingredients in the Hydro Vital Deep Replenishing Creme.  Unless I'm missing something, there isn't any added fragrance so any scent you're detecting is likely the natural scents from the botanicalsand fruits in the mix.  For those who are sensitive, it would probably be a good idea to check ingredient lists before ordering.  Word of caution - I just noticed there's xylitol in the Replenishing Creme.  That's toxic to pets so, if you have pets, keep your creme where they can't get to it.

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Myrothamnus Flabellifolia (Resurrection Plant) Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Pca, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp (Mushroom) Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Sodium Phytate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Maltodextrin, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Aqua, Propanediol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol.

Honored Contributor

It is not that i dont Love Skinn products. I do and have been using a long time. They do work.

It is just that I noticed some of the prices going up and some products being more costly and with the packaging of the products containers and boxes they come in got nicer and prettier the costs went up.

The eye cream is one container that looks large but the bottom of it is higher in the jar and makes you look as if you are getting more. 

I love the eye cream though.  (hydro vital)  It is amazing.

I do like that the products dont contain harsh chemicals which is one reason I buy them as well as they work!

I dont know tho why he added any fragrance to the hydro vital creme, that is my issue.  Companies dont think of people with allergies or those senstive to fragrance.

Thank you for your reply. the only one I got LOL

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs

Hi CherryHugs, Dimitri adding fragrance to his creams does not sound like something he would do so I checked on the Hydro Vital. Surely you are smelling a mix of all the yummy natural ingrediants in there, there is no fragrance added in the HV products at all. BTW, it was set 313-789 that I pulled up to check on. I hope you can appreciate the cream more so now!!

I ordered the 5 pc kit that had the stem rejens in them. I used the original stem rejen formula for a couple yrs. so my first time trying these newer and improved? I hear there is a odor in this that wasnt in the orig so I hope its not too bad!! But dang, mine wont be here until Weds. Enjoy Hydro Vital, I hope it works well for you.

btw, I have been using his Deep Wrinkle Protocol line since launch but it was the original Stem Regen products that I noticed the most benies from. Will be my first time trying Dermapeel, coming in the kit I ordered!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I noticed the “false bottom” or whatever on the hydro vital also.  The jar just looks bigger than it is. I think his prices have slowly been creeping up and coupled with Evine’s shipping, I am hardly buying anymore. I like some of his stuff but I refuse to pay 6.99 to ship it.

Honored Contributor

That  false bottom is used by so many in the industry; have for awhile. You simply have to go by the weight and nothing else. I also won't buy due to the shipping fee; wonder how sales were?