Respected Contributor

Skinn Product- Does anyone agree??

I watched 2 of the Skinn shows yesterday. It seems that costs are higher to me. Does anyone agree?

Some of the containers are ridiculously small for the cost!

I had a good run with this brand but going to be changing to something more affordable. I do like the products but money is an issue.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Product- Does anyone agree??

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

I watched 2 of the Skinn shows yesterday. It seems that costs are higher to me. Does anyone agree?

Some of the containers are ridiculously small for the cost!

I had a good run with this brand but going to be changing to something more affordable. I do like the products but money is an issue.

Yes, the prices are higher now because Skinn will always have free shipping.  It's a sales/marketing tactic.  Nothing is ever really free, someone has to pay for it.

I haven't noticed the container sizes changing except for the new and improved Pep 40 Creme Riche.  Which ones are you referring to? 

Respected Contributor

the rose noir or what ever they are called balms. one item had two and then there was a tiny container of another! would never pay that much for so little.

Contributor

Nothing stays the same forever.      If you compare Skinn and department store pricing Skinn is still much lower.    I like the technology  that goes into his products.   Like that the shipping is included in the product cost.

But I am loosing interest in his new shows.   Don't like the hours. I keep missing them and don't want to get up at 3 in the morning.    Shows are way too short and not as much fun.     And as others have said he still has some of his products missing.    Don't want to order them on the Skinn website.   Talk about higher prices.    And yes bring back the kits.      Thats were his customers feel like they are getting true value.  I will give them a few more months to get their act together.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

the rose noir or what ever they are called balms. one item had two and then there was a tiny container of another! would never pay that much for so little.

The original was always in a small jar, like that.  You don't need much, and usually for targeted areas, so it last longer than one would think.  I bought it from Evine one year when we had a terrible winter and I would pre-treat areas on my face before going out to shovel snow.  I'm pretty sure that jar was $40.  So with the eye product included in the set, it's not a bad price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

The original was always in a small jar, like that.  You don't need much, and usually for targeted areas, so it last longer than one would think.  I bought it from Evine one year when we had a terrible winter and I would pre-treat areas on my face before going out to shovel snow.  I'm pretty sure that jar was $40.  So with the eye product included in the set, it's not a bad price.

@FlowerBear  I did a search and located an old thread that  @JeanLouiseFinch started in Oct 2015 which was coincidentally entitled Skinn Rose Noir Balm. 

Below is a post from her thread. She's right about the price and the $40 was during a visit. It's easy to find prices of items thanks to the many old Skinn threads from Evine appearances. We shouldn't bump them but we can search.

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AnnMarie-1wrote:

Thanks JFL! 

I missed this presentation, it is now $48, not $39.80.  It has 7 rose oils, I want to try this!. Did you get the lower price?  I'll wait for a coupon for $10.00 before I order, but looks great especially with the colder weather coming here to the northeast.  I have such dry skin, I do a mositure mask every day, so my skin should love this over my mositurizer.

You're welcome, @AnnMarie-1.  Yes, I was able to get the lower price and put it on auto-delivery for that price (just in case I liked it).  I really like Evine's auto-delivery policy.  You pay the shipping on the first order, but future shipments ship for free.  

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

You have to look at both sides... with Evine the shipping costs were terrible high.... but better prices.... With HSN you get free shipping and higher prices... I think it all evens out.  

Frequent Contributor

Just as an aside, do the rose noir products have a strong fragrance?  I was thinking of ordering it and it says it has rose scent and I'm sensitive to fragrance.  Also, do they help with fine lines and wrinkles or purely for dry skin.  Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Neck armour is 4 ounces.  I have the 6 ounce .  Oh well. That is how it is now.

Respected Contributor

If his products last at least 2/3 months the prices are reasonable. Divide the cost by 2. That’s pretty good. Most would spend that in a month going out of lunch or dinner or even Starbucks. I don’t mind the s/h costs. Saves me gas and the headache of going out shopping. (In California gas is as high as $5.00/gallon 😱😳) “Happy Easter everyone” 🙋🏻💐🐣🐇