Respected Contributor

Skinn - Pleasantly surprised

Purchased the Take the Weekend Off duo.  It took a long time to ship and arrive, but the wait was worth it.

In the past, because I have oily & sensitive skin, Dimitri's line was just too heavy for me and there was a slight irritation to some of his products.  Had to return a few items and then finally just stopped ordering.

I took a chance on this kit because it was touted as a 2-day regimen to recharge the weekly routine which sometimes has a tendency to plateau.  

Bottom line:  these two moisturizers are wonderful!  My skin feels so soft.  No oil slick throughout the day.  As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering using the day cream every day.  Quite surprised as I am using a high-end moisturizer that does not leave my skin as soft and supple as Skinn.

So delighted.  Smiley Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn - Pleasantly surprised

CHANEL has offered this concept for the past few years; a family member gifted me the travel set when it first came out and I honestly couldn't figure out how to work into my regular skin routine. THe weekend product was what wowed me but I developed a sensitivity to it after a few weekends.

When I saw the SKINN version, have to say, I perked up to listen. I'm still not sure HOW to include it in, especially if other products he offers do such a great job. In fact, should I even add it in; is it necessary? It's a great concept and it's fantastic that you are loving it and seeing results!!! : )

Respected Contributor

@pommom I am new to this line also.  I've heard such a rave about it so I thought I would give it a try.  I'm glad you had goods results.  I am noticing an obvious decrease in the lines across my forehead.  When I put my brow liner on I would always have trouble with one eyebrow because there was a wrinkle/line right at the end of the brow which would make it hard to get a good brow shape.  I no longer have an issue with that line.

I ordered a number of things and I probably went overboard (like I always do), but I think I've got it down to a regular routine. Overall I am noticing a better complexion and some possible firming.  I have one more product I have not tried yet but it seems this may be a line I might stick with.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Purchased the Take the Weekend Off duo.  It took a long time to ship and arrive, but the wait was worth it.

In the past, because I have oily & sensitive skin, Dimitri's line was just too heavy for me and there was a slight irritation to some of his products.  Had to return a few items and then finally just stopped ordering.

I took a chance on this kit because it was touted as a 2-day regimen to recharge the weekly routine which sometimes has a tendency to plateau.  

Bottom line:  these two moisturizers are wonderful!  My skin feels so soft.  No oil slick throughout the day.  As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering using the day cream every day.  Quite surprised as I am using a high-end moisturizer that does not leave my skin as soft and supple as Skinn.

So delighted.  Smiley Happy

If this system is working for you, @pommom, that's great, but the way you used it isn't really the way Dimitri instructs.  The Hydro-Vital is intended to be used as a daily moisturizer during the week over any of your usual serums.  On the weekend, the Take the Weekend Off is all a person is supposed to use AM & PM.  No other serums or anything are needed on those two days, but even Dimitri still uses his Age Reset Serum on those days.  On Monday, resume the regular routine.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

CHANEL has offered this concept for the past few years; a family member gifted me the travel set when it first came out and I honestly couldn't figure out how to work into my regular skin routine. THe weekend product was what wowed me but I developed a sensitivity to it after a few weekends.

When I saw the SKINN version, have to say, I perked up to listen. I'm still not sure HOW to include it in, especially if other products he offers do such a great job. In fact, should I even add it in; is it necessary? It's a great concept and it's fantastic that you are loving it and seeing results!!! : )

@SahmIam  It would be very simple to include.  The Take the Weekend Off cream is a weekend product.  On Saturday and Sunday (or whatever days you deem your "weekend"), set your usual products aside and only use the TTWO.  On Monday, go back to your usual products.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam

As @JeanLouiseFinch posted, the TTWO cream is a weekend item (two days/nights per week), and its purpose is to prevent skincare plateauing. 

Since you're new with Skinn and would not yet have to be concerned with plateauing, I would suggest that you put it on your list and pick it up when the price is right. 

As you mentioned, this is not unique to Skinn but is recommended no matter what skincare line you're using.  Some companies just offer creams to fill the niche.  HTH"sWoman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Gokat

I understand the weekend cream usuage; where do you place the other cream if you're using (and like the results) of other products in his line? Maybe I need to go back and watch the video but I LIKE the blue line, lol.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Gokat

I understand the weekend cream usuage; where do you place the other cream if you're using (and like the results) of other products in his line? Maybe I need to go back and watch the video but I LIKE the blue line, lol.

Me too!  I see what you're asking now, @SahmIam.  That is why I didn't buy this particular duo.  I like the TTWO, but during the week I use something un-Skinn as my daytime moisturizer and the Creme Reverse (bue jar) at night as my moisturizer.  That's all I seem to need, for now anyway.  Technically speaking, the Creme Reverse is called a treatment product so an actual moisturizer can go over it if needed.  This is where the Hydro-Vital Cream would fit in.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  WHAT?! I had NO idea the Creme Reverse was a treatment product!! I thought it was a moisturizer in it's own right. So, this goes over the serum (blue one) and then a moisturizer can go over it? Will have to check out the Hydro vital cream.

What about the Enlightened Radiance Cream over it?

So this is why the Hydro-Vital cream is in that kit, lol.

I'm learning so much from you JLF. Shame we can't do lunch and sit and go through the all line, lol. : )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  WHAT?! I had NO idea the Creme Reverse was a treatment product!! I thought it was a moisturizer in it's own right. So, this goes over the serum (blue one) and then a moisturizer can go over it? Will have to check out the Hydro vital cream.

What about the Enlightened Radiance Cream over it?

So this is why the Hydro-Vital cream is in that kit, lol.

I'm learning so much from you JLF. Shame we can't do lunch and sit and go through the all line, lol. : )

Lunch @SahmIam?  Boy, I would love that!  Yes - serums, Creme Reverse, moisturizer of choice, if you skin needs it.  It seems to me that Dimitri concentrates on several methods of moisturization since he himself has dry skin.  I always have to keep that in mind and make the best choice for myself and not buy everything he recommends (I buy a lot, but not everything Woman Wink).  I always thought the Creme Reverse was a stand alone moisturizer and was surprised when I actually read the usage instructions.  I have some of the Enlightened Radiance Cream.  I'm thinking about trying it as a daytime moisturizer but just haven't gotten around to it yet because I like what I've been using.

Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse:
Apply each morning and evening to your face, neck and chest using soft, circular motions. For maximum benefit, may also be applied over Skinn's Collagenesis serums (not included) and under other moisturizing treatments.