Respected Contributor

This was only the product that I wanted during his visit. Wasn't paying almost $7 for shipping though. So even if he had a huge batch left, I wasn't paying the shipping costs.

Honored Contributor

Serious Skin Care on HSN sells a Peptide line called Pure Pep.  Serums, face creams, etc.   You might want to check it out.  It is less expensive than Skinn's and you can probably get a good deal on  Ebay.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Serious Skin Care on HSN sells a Peptide line called Pure Pep.  Serums, face creams, etc.   You might want to check it out.  It is less expensive than Skinn's and you can probably get a good deal on  Ebay.

The Serious Skincare products on have 30% of their peptide concentrate.  Elysee has a serum with 40%.  The new Skinn cream has 40%.  I'll wait and get it next month.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The Serious Skincare products on have 30% of their peptide concentrate.  Elysee has a serum with 40%.  The new Skinn cream has 40%.  I'll wait and get it next month.  

Which Elysee serum has 40% peptides? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Valstybaby  The Fountain of Youth Soothing Line Diminishing Gel.  It's the blue one. I use it every morning, have it on auto ship.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Peptide cream ?

[ Edited ]

I think Dr Denese has a peptide serum with 76% sells for $162.00.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Valstybaby  The Fountain of Youth Soothing Line Diminishing Gel.  It's the blue one. I use it every morning, have it on auto ship.

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you. I actually have that one.

Honored Contributor

c/p'ng my own post from the other current Skinn thread...

OK, what do you all make of this?  This was just posted on the Skinn Facebook page about 10 minutes ago:

It’s your last chance to take home our new Evine exclusives! Our Fill Me In Airbrushed Finish Foundation with SPF 30 Broad Spectrum, Fill Me In Line Smoothing Concealer, and PEP-40 Crème Riche won’t be up on our website for some time so if you’re looking for flawless coverage and youthful skin, make sure you pick them up today.

The PEP-40 is still showing as "sold out" on the Evine website.  I wonder if they "found" a few but just haven't released them yet?  Heck, now I don't even want to leave the room to make dinner.  With my luck I'd miss it again.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I'm sorta hyjacking this thread but didn't want to start a new post to ask you a couple questions.

I know you LOVE Skinn and oddly I have never tried it, not even one item (face palm)

I am looking at the neck armour, do you still use that? I am in my late 40s our family has horrible necks, I've taken care of mine BUT want to amp it up.  Can I wear this during the day also or only at night?

My next question is a BIG one - If I wanted to start moving into Skinn as my main skin care line, where the heck do I even start? I have normal skin, doesn't break out anymore, some sun damage and just starting to see the "creasing" when I sleep that is not going away when I get up... urg! But, thinking some of his creams may help me with that? What do you think would be a good place to start? Sorry for the BIG questions  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Peptide cream ?

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  I'm sorta hyjacking this thread but didn't want to start a new post to ask you a couple questions.

I know you LOVE Skinn and oddly I have never tried it, not even one item (face palm)

I am looking at the neck armour, do you still use that? I am in my late 40s our family has horrible necks, I've taken care of mine BUT want to amp it up.  Can I wear this during the day also or only at night?

My next question is a BIG one - If I wanted to start moving into Skinn as my main skin care line, where the heck do I even start? I have normal skin, doesn't break out anymore, some sun damage and just starting to see the "creasing" when I sleep that is not going away when I get up... urg! But, thinking some of his creams may help me with that? What do you think would be a good place to start? Sorry for the BIG questions  Smiley Happy

Oh boy, @SandGirl, thanks for that vote of confidence.  Yes, I do use a few Skinn products, but I also use things from other brands as well.  I'm hoping some of my Dazzler sisters will join in the conversation but you can also find us on the Dimitri's Dazzlers page on Facebook and get help there too.  In addition, you should also go on Evine and the Skinn website to watch videos.  Watch them a few times so you can take it all in and learn about Dimitri's approach and the ingredients he's chosen to use.

To answer your first question, yes, you can use the Neck Amour (no Armour), and it's a great price tonight!  No matter if it's my face or neck, I always like using serums first and then a moisturizer over that.  Dimitri used to say the Neck Amour was a nighttime product that you apply over any other treatments and neck cream.  Now it seems he's considering it alone as the neck cream (serums still come first) and he's also saying it can be used during the day and also on other parts of the body.  One thing he did say is that for daytime use put on a thinner layer and save the thicker layer for night.  I still use it, but only at night.  During the day, I like using Gold Bond Neck and Chest.  In addition to the Neck Amour cream, there's a serum and a mask that you might consider.  Some say they are game changers.  I've just started using the serum at night and just received the mask but haven't tried it yet. 

A good starting place would be his cleansers.  They are really very good and proper cleansing will set your skin up to receive the treatment products better.  I still use a cleansing oil at night, but there are times I use his PM cleanser.  It can also be used as a moisturizing mask after a deep cleansing mask, or peel, and it smells fantastic.  The AM cleanser is very good, but some people don't care for the scent.  I'm to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.  It's a gentle cleanser and doesn't get real foamy.  If you can use a scrubby type product, DermAppeal is a very good exfoliator , but has a strong scent.  It doesn't bother me, but the menthol in it does turn off some others.  I would steer you toward the products in the blue containers - they're his premier line.  Much of this is going to be trial and error for you.  Unless you find a really good kit on Evine, you might cherry pick a few items and look for them on eBay as they will likely be a little cheaper there.  If you are sensitive at all to exfoliating scrubs or peels, you could try his Translucence Resurfacing Concentrate.  It releases the "glue" that holds the dead skin on the surface of your face and you don't even feel it.  The Age Reset Serum for the face is a favorite product because I think the ingredients are good, but I also use serums from Elysee.  You could say I'm a serum junkie.  I'm not fond of the Age Reset for the eyes.  I find that I have better success in the eye area by using my face serums and a lighter weight moisturizer over them than using a thick cream.  Another favorite product is the Triple Action ABC Peel.  Dimitri says to use it once a week but I use it about once every other week.  It's super gentle and leaves my skin very smooth.  

I hope this is enough information to get you started.  LOL, maybe too much and your head is spinning.  The Skinn product line is so diverse that it's kind of hard to pinpoint just a couple of products, or from what line.  Some are for dry skin, some for boosting radiance, some for wrinkles, some for lifing.  It's always good to start slow and see how your skin responds before adding something else.