Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I wanted to THANK YOU for your reply and I will do my best to reply tonight after I have time to re-read your post and look at a few things you mentioned, I'm at work right now but wanted you to know how thankful I am for your reply!! have an amazing day  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  I'm sorta hyjacking this thread but didn't want to start a new post to ask you a couple questions.

I know you LOVE Skinn and oddly I have never tried it, not even one item (face palm)

I am looking at the neck armour, do you still use that? I am in my late 40s our family has horrible necks, I've taken care of mine BUT want to amp it up.  Can I wear this during the day also or only at night?

My next question is a BIG one - If I wanted to start moving into Skinn as my main skin care line, where the heck do I even start? I have normal skin, doesn't break out anymore, some sun damage and just starting to see the "creasing" when I sleep that is not going away when I get up... urg! But, thinking some of his creams may help me with that? What do you think would be a good place to start? Sorry for the BIG questions  Smiley Happy

Oh boy, @SandGirl, thanks for that vote of confidence.  Yes, I do use a few Skinn products, but I also use things from other brands as well.  I'm hoping some of my Dazzler sisters will join in the conversation but you can also find us on the Dimitri's Dazzlers page on Facebook and get help there too.  In addition, you should also go on Evine and the Skinn website to watch videos.  Watch them a few times so you can take it all in and learn about Dimitri's approach and the ingredients he's chosen to use.

To answer your first question, yes, you can use the Neck Amour (no Armour), and it's a great price tonight!  No matter if it's my face or neck, I always like using serums first and then a moisturizer over that.  Dimitri used to say the Neck Amour was a nighttime product that you apply over any other treatments and neck cream.  Now it seems he's considering it alone as the neck cream (serums still come first) and he's also saying it can be used during the day and also on other parts of the body.  One thing he did say is that for daytime use put on a thinner layer and say the thicker layer for night.  I still use it, but only at night.  During the day, I like using Gold Bond Neck and Chest.  In addition to the Neck Amour cream, there's a serum and a mask that you might consider.  Some say they are game changers.  I've just started using the serum at night and just received the mask but haven't tried it yet. 

A good starting place would be his cleansers.  They are really very good and proper cleansing will set your skin up to receive the treatment products better.  I still use a cleansing oil at night, but there are times I use his PM cleanser.  It can also be used as a moisturizing mask after a deep cleansing mask, or peel, and it smells fantastic.  The AM cleanser is very good, but some people don't care for the scent.  I'm to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.  It's a gentle cleanser and doesn't get real foamy.  If you can use a scrubby type product, DermAppeal is a very good exfoliator , but has a strong scent.  It doesn't bother me, but the menthol in it does turn off some others.  I would steer you toward the products in the blue containers - they're his premier line.  Much of this is going to be trial and error for you.  Unless you find a really good kit on Evine, you might cherry pick a few items and look for them on eBay as they will likely be a little cheaper there.  If you are sensitive at all to exfoliating scrubs or peels, you could try his Translucence Resurfacing Concentrate.  It releases the "glue" that holds the dead skin on the surface of your face and you don't even feel it.  The Age Reset Serum for the face is a favorite product because I think the ingredients are good, but I also use serums from Elysee.  You could say I'm a serum junkie.  I'm not fond of the Age Reset for the eyes.  I find that I have better success in the eye area by using my face serums and a lighter weight moisturizer over them than using a thick cream.  Another favorite product is the Triple Action ABC Peel.  Dimitri says to use it once a week but I use it about once every other week.  It's super gentle and leaves my skin very smooth.  

I hope this is enough information to get you started.  LOL, maybe too much and your head is spinning.  The Skinn product line is so diverse that it's kind of hard to pinpoint just a couple of products, or from what line.  Some are for dry skin, some for boosting radiance, some for wrinkles, some for lifing.  It's always good to start slow and see how your skin responds before adding something else. 

@SandGirl JLF @JeanLouiseFinch is a great resource for us! When I started to use Skinn several years ago, she and other ladies here were very helpful. My suggestions to you:

1. Watch the shows, look at the videos and usage info online
  2. Start with the basics like the Double-Double kit, add products gradually that are geared for your skin type, dry? sun damage? saggy? wrinkles? There are products specific for these issues. You/we don't need everything!
  3. The blue label Deep Wrinkle Protocol line rocks. Amazing products!
  4. Buy when there are specials or kits during shows for best pricing. 
  5. Be consistent in usage and give it 90 days to truly evaluate whether to keep or change for something else
  6. Look for specials at Hautelook Skinn events. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

@JeanLouiseFinch

You two are amazing, I am doing some reading right now, the Age Reset Serum looks amazing, I'm going to check out ebay for a few of his items, maybe the cleansers and peel and one of his serums to start out.

I will also watch for "kits" in his upcoming shows - I DID get the special yesterday on the neck mask so at least I have something to get started on, I want to use that on my hands as well, he gave a few good usage tips, even above knees but shorts season is sorta gone in my neck of the woods.

I copied what you two wrote to refer back on when I am in shopping mode, and I just "liked" his Facebook page as well so I can follow along on this journey.

Have a great night, you gals are the BEST!!! Thank you Ooodles. Heart

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Chi-town girl

@JeanLouiseFinch

You two are amazing, I am doing some reading right now, the Age Reset Serum looks amazing, I'm going to check out ebay for a few of his items, maybe the cleansers and peel and one of his serums to start out.

I will also watch for "kits" in his upcoming shows - I DID get the special yesterday on the neck mask so at least I have something to get started on, I want to use that on my hands as well, he gave a few good usage tips, even above knees but shorts season is sorta gone in my neck of the woods.

I copied what you two wrote to refer back on when I am in shopping mode, and I just "liked" his Facebook page as well so I can follow along on this journey.

Have a great night, you gals are the BEST!!! Thank you Ooodles. Heart

You're very welcome, @SandGirl.  It's what the beauty board is all about!  For your hands, check out Skinn Hand Restore.  It's my favorite hand cream.  It can be expensive so watch for it in a kit or look on eBay.  Don't forget, you can also join Dimitri's Dazzlers on Facebook. 

Respected Contributor

I just received this tonight when I got home.  I immediately took off my makeup and cleaned my face.  It has a tiny little plastic thingy you need to take a knife to pop out to get it to dispense.  I didn't have a knife in my bathroom so I unscrewed the top and applied it.  Anyway, it has a nice consistency to it.  It's thick and not watery at all.  There's a fragnance but it's barely noticeable.  Another plus for Dimitri.  I applied it all over m face and down my neck and it makes your skin feel so smooth and soft.  I'll use this every day and see if I notice any changes.  So far, I really like this product.  I'm glad I ordered it.  Just hope I see some results of some sort after using it after a month's time.  Also, the product was filled to the brim of the tub.  Nice amount in there. Will last a long time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Peptide cream ?

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I just received this tonight when I got home.  I immediately took off my makeup and cleaned my face.  It has a tiny little plastic thingy you need to take a knife to pop out to get it to dispense.  I didn't have a knife in my bathroom so I unscrewed the top and applied it.  Anyway, it has a nice consistency to it.  It's thick and not watery at all.  There's a fragnance but it's barely noticeable.  Another plus for Dimitri.  I applied it all over m face and down my neck and it makes your skin feel so smooth and soft.  I'll use this every day and see if I notice any changes.  So far, I really like this product.  I'm glad I ordered it.  Just hope I see some results of some sort after using it after a month's time.  Also, the product was filled to the brim of the tub.  Nice amount in there. Will last a long time. 

Blingy @Blingqueen023 - my order s/b here by Friday. 

The jar has that kind of lid that you push down to dispense the perfect amount for 1 application via that little hole on top. It's just like the jar for the blue Deep Wrinkle creams. It's made that way so you don't need to expose the contents to air every time you use it. 

When it gets down to the end, then I unscrew it to use any remaining product which can be another week of applications

Glad you like it!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

The jar has that kind of lid that you push down to dispense the perfect amount for 1 application via that little hole on top. It's just like the jar for the blue Deep Wrinkle creams. It's made that way so you don't need to expose the contents to air every time you use it. 

When it gets down to the end, then I unscrew it to use any remaining product which can be another week of applications

Glad you like it!

@Chi-town girl What would I do without my Chi-town girl you cutie!!! lol  I'm glad I didn't take a knife to it to pop out that littl plastic thingy.  What a dummy I am.  lol  I just went back in the bathroom and pumped the top until the cream came out.  Whew! I would ruined the container if I got rid of that plastic thingy.  Talk about stupid! Thank you so much for posting!  You saved my container.  I owe you one!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Glad you like it!

@Chi-town girl What would I do without my Chi-town girl you cutie!!! lol  I'm glad I didn't take a knife to it to pop out that littl plastic thingy.  What a dummy I am.  lol  I just went back in the bathroom and pumped the top until the cream came out.  Whew! I would ruined the container if I got rid of that plastic thingy.  Talk about stupid! Thank you so much for posting!  You saved my container.  I owe you one!!! Heart

@Blingqueen023 Blingy, you crack me up Woman LOL this push down container is one of D's better dispensers. Glad it's workin! xoxoxoxo

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Glad you like it!

@Blingqueen023 Blingy, you crack me up Woman LOL this push down container is one of D's better dispensers. Glad it's workin! xoxoxoxo

@Chi-town girl lol lol  Let me know how you like yours when you get it.  it goes on so nice and smooth.  Looking forward to your review.  You saved the day for me today!!

Super Contributor
I just received my pep40 today - now to see if it lives up to my expectations!