Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skinn Pep40 - Product vs. container size

@ChazzyLady

It is always difficult for me to really judge how products are working because my skin is good to begin with.

At 67 (Yikes!) I have few wrinkles, good color and texture, no pores or breakouts.  The 11 lines and lines on my forehead are the biggest issues.  But I doubt anything other than injections will help those.

Previously, I used mostly Isomers and some Skinn products, but I've grown weary of all the brown vials/steps/products and wanted to simplify my routine for the winter.

Now, I cleanse with Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser (used this for years) and use my remaining Isomers serums along with the Pep40.  Since the Pep40 is so heavy, I mix it with a lighter serum.

I'll never look 31 again, but I do believe my skin has benefited from the Isomers & Skinn products.  I've just reached the point where I don't want to use 5 or 6 things on my face.Cat LOL

I have been using the Pep40 for less than a month, but I think it will be my main product going into winter. 

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ChazzyLady

It is always difficult for me to really judge how products are working because my skin is good to begin with.

At 67 (Yikes!) I have few wrinkles, good color and texture, no pores or breakouts.  The 11 lines and lines on my forehead are the biggest issues.  But I doubt anything other than injections will help those.

Previously, I used mostly Isomers and some Skinn products, but I've grown weary of all the brown vials/steps/products and wanted to simplify my routine for the winter.

Now, I cleanse with Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser (used this for years) and use my remaining Isomers serums along with the Pep40.  Since the Pep40 is so heavy, I mix it with a lighter serum.

I'll never look 31 again, but I do believe my skin has benefited from the Isomers & Skinn products.  I've just reached the point where I don't want to use 5 or 6 things on my face.Cat LOL

I have been using the Pep40 for less than a month, but I think it will be my main product going into winter. 

I was actually considering trying some of the Isomers products for the eyes, in particular their resurfacing/exfoliating product and their lid firming products. Of course, the core of my skin care regimen are the products from Skinn Cosmetics, especially the creams, DermAppeal, and the facial oils. Glad you are seeing results from the Pep 40.

Like you, 31 is way back in my rearview mirror but quite frankly I really don't miss being around that age and definitely enjoying being a "golden aged" girly girl!

Trusted Contributor

I had to stop Isomers. I have a large tub of little brown bottles. When I die, my family is going to think I was a shopping addict there are so many. It is hard to give any away too, because I could never explain to anyone what it is and how to use it! I listen to Manuela whenever she is on, but I could never come close to being as explanatory as she is.

It is just because Manuela sells in kits, and it is always cheaper to get the one product you may want in a kit vs buying it as a single. The downside is that I have all sorts of other products that I would have to look up and find out what they are!

I am the same. One serum, one cream and want to be done. I like Manuela's stuff, but there are just too many to choose. $$$ for her, but I have always thought she could really combine some of the serums into one  jar and they would still be effective.

I am really liking Dimitri's new Pep40. It is heavier and dense, but it does not feel that way once on my skin. It absorbs right in. My skin is so soft!

Trusted Contributor

I havn't opened mine yet. Active Argan was having the same issues. Unfilled Large containers.  Morgan did say the correct amount was in each  jar. 

Trusted Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

I havn't opened mine yet. Active Argan was having the same issues. Unfilled Large containers.  Morgan did say the correct amount was in each  jar. 

@BdBettyB that is quite common.  Think of a box of cereal.  The lotions and potions and that cereal are sold by weight.  There is extra room in the jars, and in the boxes😁

Trusted Contributor

Ok so how much are you supposed to use?  I don't remember what he said. There are no instructions really, and nothing I saw on the video of it.  I've been using 2 presses on the top.  I know that some are having trouble with the dispensing, but mine is fine so far.

Also is this supposed to be a moisturizer too?  It's not for me, so I am applying one on top of it.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

Ok so how much are you supposed to use?  I don't remember what he said. There are no instructions really, and nothing I saw on the video of it.  I've been using 2 presses on the top.  I know that some are having trouble with the dispensing, but mine is fine so far.

Also is this supposed to be a moisturizer too?  It's not for me, so I am applying one on top of it.

@SuebdooOne "dose" should be enough to cover your face.  If you're using it on your neck too, then I'd give it another pump.  Dimitri said it's for normal to very dry skin.  It can be used over any other serum.  He never said anything about putting anything over it.  I suppose if you're super dry you can put something else over it, but for me (normal skin), it's a perfect moisturizer for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch

Had to laugh at your post.  I will listen to Isomers presentation and enjoy Manuela.  However, it has been a long time since I ordered a kit -- maybe early in 2016. 

I'm impressed with those that are ingredient experts, but that is not me.  I listen....and forgetCat LOL

I had to stop buying those jumbo bottles of products, too.  I'm still using a huge bottle of Matrixyl - 20%.  It's not that I don't like the products, but I have trouble using them up even if I am using them on my entire body! 

I've been using Isomers since she first presented, and will continue to purchase.  Just not everything.  Same with Skinn. 

Dimitri used to be on HSN many years ago under another name (I forget it now) and I've been using since then.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo wrote:

Not moisturizing enough for me either. I also put a moisturizer on top.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Dimitri used to have Parthena cosmetics on HSN. I've been watching ever since, also.