Esteemed Contributor

Skinn Pep40 - Product vs. container size

[ Edited ]

Like many of you, I recently purchased the Skinn Pep40 cream.

The container is a very large jar.  While I like the product, I'm not sure I will repurchase as I don't think I even got 20 small pumps out of it.  Maybe less.

Not sure if I can figure out how to pry the thing open to see if any product remains. 

Yes, it's 3.4 oz, but annoying to have this huge jar and a tablespoon of product.  And, this was supposed to be "double the size" of the regular container, or am I mistaken? 

If that is the case, the regular container must have a teaspon of product!

I'm cancelling my autoship on this.  Just not enough in the jar to make it worth the price to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Pep40 - Product vs. container size

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Like many of you, I recently purchased the Skinn Pep40 cream.

The container is a very large jar.  While I like the product, I'm not sure I will repurchase as I don't think I even got 20 small pumps out of it.  Maybe less.

Not sure if I can figure out how to pry the thing open to see if any product remains. 

Yes, it's 3.4 oz, but annoying to have this huge jar and a tablespoon of product.  And, this was supposed to be "double the size" of the regular container, or am I mistaken? 

If that is the case, the regular container must have a teaspon of product!

I'm cancelling my autoship on this.  Just not enough in the jar to make it worth the price to me.

@Witchy Woman  Don't give up on it.  The product is in there, it's just shifted.  You need to give it a couple of firm taps on the side or whack it against your palm or the heel of your hand, to get the product to shift back to where the intake is.  Pump it again and the product will dispense.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you for that hint.  I will give it a try and report back. 

Hope you are right!

Regular Contributor

The top just screws off so you don't have to pry it.  The jar was fairly full, when received, and I think I am liking this product so far.

Respected Contributor

Yes, the product has a screw cap and there's tons of product in mine.  Full to the brim!!  This product will last me for quite some time.  I have the small jar and the big jar and these will last me probably over a year they're so full of product.  

Respected Contributor

Mine has a full amount , i checked when i got it to see if i like pump or just taking lid off. I believe with this large size it would be wise to use pump until it gets so low that it no longer pumps. I really would prefer a tube ,but then you have problem of getting every last of it out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023

@BadWolf

@JeanLouiseFinch

@MW in Iowa

Color me embarrassed.

I thought the special pump top was on permanently and the jar could not be opened.

I was wrong.  And, when I did open it, the jar was, indeed, full as mentioned.  Even after I tapped it not much product came out, so something might be obstructing the little whole where the product comes through.  I will check it out further.

I'm glad I mentioned something here and got set straight!

Thanks to you all Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@BadWolf

@JeanLouiseFinch

Color me embarrassed.

I thought the special pump top was on permanently and the jar could not be opened.

I was wrong.  And, when I did open it, the jar was, indeed, full as mentioned.  Even after I tapped it not much product came out, so something might be obstructing the little whole where the product comes through.  I will check it out further.

@Witchy Woman  Don't feel bad, I thought the same thing when I first got this.  I thought you couldn't open the jar up all.  I read on here earlier that the tub is a scew cap top.  If I didn't read it here on the boards I wouldn't have known either.  

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Blingqueen023

@BadWolf

@JeanLouiseFinch

@MW in Iowa

Color me embarrassed.

@Witchy Woman  don't give it another thought.  I'm sure we've all been there one time or another.  If there is something faulty with your actual dispenser pump, you can always unscrew the lid and use a little spatula to scoop out a "dose".

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman glad that you were able to get more product from your Pep 40. Other than the dispensing problem, what do you think about the product itself?

I think that it might not be a bad idea to contact him through Facebook or the Skinn website about this issue. I have heard that he and his company are very responsive to customer complaints and this is a rather pricey product.

Take care.