Highlighted
Super Contributor

Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cleanser Question

Hi all-

Sorry for such a dumb question...

Just recieved this cleanser and from the direction it seems you apply it to dry skin, massage and rinse off. Is that how you all use it? Seems strange to not wet my face first.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cleanser Question

Much like a cleansing oil , dry hands dry face , massage add water , and rinse.

Super Contributor

Thanks! I really like the cleanser...completely removes makeup and skin is super soft.

Esteemed Contributor

Applying this anhydrous (no water in the formula) creamy facial wash dry is the best way to break down makeup, and permit the cleanser to dissolve that and other gunk on the skin before wiping away.  It's like the old fashioned concept of using cold cream to clean the face.  What makes it different from the old cold creams are the ingredients which benefit the skin in addition to cleaning it.  

IMO it is Skinn's star product!

Super Contributor

Dimitri has said it can also be used as a mask, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes. It is a very nice mask, leaving my skin so soft and wonderfully hydrated.

Respected Contributor

Not all cleansers need to be applied to a wet face. Yes, their directions are correct to apply to dry face. I have many cleansers that apply to a dry face. It seems cleansers that are more of a cream rather than a foamy are applied to a dry face.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55wrote:

Dimitri has said it can also be used as a mask, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes. It is a very nice mask, leaving my skin so soft and wonderfully hydrated.

@cantdrive55

I like using it as a mask, too. I’ll leave it on longer than 15 minutes sometimes.