Super Contributor

Skinn Highlight and Sculpting compact

What are your thoughts on it? Would it work good on a light skin tone? It looks kind of dark. His sponge brush makes it look easy to apply. I've never been successful with highlighting and contouring.

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Highlight and Sculpting compact

It's a great contour product-parallel to the Tom Ford contour. But, I don't like the sponge applicator & instead apply with fingers or a slanted brush that I have from Tarte-great tip from Bling.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 2/20/2015 Chi-town girl said: It's a great contour product-parallel to the Tom Ford contour. But, I don't like the sponge applicator & instead apply with fingers or a slanted brush that I have from Tarte-great tip from Bling.

Thanks Chi!

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 myshell624 said:
On 2/20/2015 Chi-town girl said: It's a great contour product-parallel to the Tom Ford contour. But, I don't like the sponge applicator & instead apply with fingers or a slanted brush that I have from Tarte-great tip from Bling.

Thanks Chi!

Funny, Chi, I'm the same way about the applicator. I thought the sponge would be good but fingers are much easier (I just slap it on like Adrienne {#emotions_dlg.lol}). I don't know a thing about Tom Ford, myshell, but I can tell you that this is a nice compact. It's looks dark, but it's good for everyone, you just adjust how light or how heavy you apply it. The other thing about the sponge applicator is that I think you would get product transfer back and forth and end up with a messy compact.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 2/20/2015 myshell624 said:

Thanks Chi!

Funny, Chi, I'm the same way about the applicator. I thought the sponge would be good but fingers are much easier (I just slap it on like Adrienne {#emotions_dlg.lol}). I don't know a thing about Tom Ford, myshell, but I can tell you that this is a nice compact. It's looks dark, but it's good for everyone, you just adjust how light or how heavy you apply it. The other thing about the sponge applicator is that I think you would get product transfer back and forth and end up with a messy compact.

Thanks JLF! Now I've just got to decide which kit I want.

I laughed at your reference to Adrienne. That woman is a riot. I love watching her slap on makeup. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I like the contouring shade but the sponge brush, not so much. It doesn't work very well. That seems to be the way most of us feel. I even saw a presentation where Dimitri used a regular brush instead of the sponge one so I don't think he loves the sponge applicator either. lol...

The highlighter is OK but not better than what I got with my BE Holiday kit.

I got the contouring palette in a kit - I think it was with the Flushed eyeshadows & blush. Love that palette, too.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 willdob3 said:

I like the contouring shade but the sponge brush, not so much. It doesn't work very well. That seems to be the way most of us feel. I even saw a presentation where Dimitri used a regular brush instead of the sponge one so I don't think he loves the sponge applicator either. lol...

The highlighter is OK but not better than what I got with my BE Holiday kit.

I got the contouring palette in a kit - I think it was with the Flushed eyeshadows & blush. Love that palette, too.

Thanks! One of the kits I'm eyeing is the one with the Flushed palette. I think everyone seems to not like the sponge. LOL. I'll try my fingers:-)

Trusted Contributor

Is the highlighter cream based also? How does it look on skin? it is a transparent glow on the skin? I have a golden highlighter & am looking for a more transparent one.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

Is the highlighter cream based also? How does it look on skin? it is a transparent glow on the skin? I have a golden highlighter & am looking for a more transparent one.

Thanks!

It is cream based, AnnMarie. He JUST presented it at Evine!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Why don't you visit the site and check out one of the videos for it? This is not a "glow" item so it may not what you're looking for. He does offer something called a candlelight compact. That may be closer to what you seek. HTH'sSmile 309-787 is a kit with the candlelight item I mentioned above. Take a look. Lots of raves for this one when it was introduced a few months ago.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

I did not like the contour kit and returned it. Only Skinn product I ever returned. Just hated it.