Honored Contributor

Skinn Eau de Parfum - Disappointment 👎

[ Edited ]

My first purchase of the new Skinn Eau de Parfum arrived yesterday. I sprayed it on last night. Ten minutes later I asked my DH to take a whiff and see what he thought. He couldn't smell anything.  This morning, I tried again immediately after applying.  He said he could maybe smell a little citrus but it was very faint. This fragrance doesn't last.  A body spray from BBW lasts longer.  I have buyer's regret.  It's going back and I'm canceling my A/S. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Eau de Parfum - Disappointment 👎

@JeanLouiseFinch - so sorry you didn't like it.  I didn't order because I don't have a sense of smell so scented things, obviously, don't mean anything to me.   But I'm sorry that you have to return it - such a pain in the backside.

Honored Contributor

Darn! 

I have allergies and a very sensitive nose ...  and am always amazed anyone can buy a fragrance "sight" unseen and happily wear it.  I wish I could do that.  I spritz from a tester in a department store and have to wait to see how my skin chemistry reacts.  

Too bad it didn't work out.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I received mine yesterday and had the opposite experience.  I applied and my husband said he didn't care for the scent.  Then after it dried down, he said he liked it and could smell it when we were preparing dinner.   I then asked if it was too strong and he said no, he could just get a nice whiff.  And I could still smell it several hours later.   

Liked the dry down on me and will keep mine.  Sorry you were disappointed.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I also got mine a couple of days ago. Not love, not hate, not much of anything. There is a bit of musk that is vaguely similar to the musk in Clean Ultimate, Pure Grace, and Carriere (which it's similar to). Most of the notes don't standout, and the drydown is a bit peppery and a touch floral and the musk fades completely away. Not enough oomph for the buck and not as good as the ones I mentioned. Probably returning. DH said nothing which means he can't even smell it!

Regular Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I agree, already sent mine back. It is definitely a unisex fragrance to me. Even after the dry down, I smell citronella. I realize that fragrance is very subjective. This one was not for me. On the hand, I love Pirette ( the fragrance oil, not the spray perfume).

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My first purchase of the new Skinn Eau de Parfum arrived yesterday. I sprayed it on last night. Ten minutes later I asked my DH to take a whiff and see what he thought. He couldn't smell anything.  This morning, I tried again immediately after applying.  He said he could maybe smell a little citrus but it was very faint. This fragrance doesn't last.  A body spray from BBW lasts longer.  I have buyer's regret.  It's going back and I'm canceling my A/S. 

@JeanLouiseFinch When I first got it a few days ago I did like it and it seemed to last.  The last two days the scent is gone in 1/2 hour.  I asked my DH what he thought of it and he also said he couldn't smell anything.  I do have it ready to go back. 

Esteemed Contributor

WAS JUST GOING TO POST THE SAME THING.

I DID LIKE THE SCENT AFTER DRY DOWN, BUT DID NOT LAST LIKE I HAD HOPED.

SENDING BACK ALSO.

HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT THE FAIR PECKY IF YOU HAVE GONE!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

WAS JUST GOING TO POST THE SAME THING.

I DID LIKE THE SCENT AFTER DRY DOWN, BUT DID NOT LAST LIKE I HAD HOPED.

SENDING BACK ALSO.

HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT THE FAIR PECKY IF YOU HAVE GONE!

@weezer111 I know, it started out really nice and then fizzled out. I did have a great time at the fair yesterday.  The weather was perfect for it and it wasn't crowded at all, not like past years.  I am going again next Friday to see one of my favorite bands, The Gin Blossoms.  I have always wanted to see them but never had the chance.  Thanks my friend for asking!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG PECKY!

I LOVE THE GIN BLOSSOMS!

WISH I COULD GO TOO!!!

ANOTHER GREAT THING OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST!!

ENJOY MY FRIEND!

SORRY AS I DON'T MEAN TO STEER OFF THE TOPIC AT HAND WHICH IS THE SKINN FRAGRANCE.

JUST SORRILY PACKED MINE UP TO GO BACK.  CANCELLED MY AS.