Contributor

Skinn Dimitri James next show after Christmas

I was just checkinjg the  guide to see when he will be one next and to  my surprise,   not end of  december, I was hoping for some  type  of holiday kit.

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn Dimitri James next show after Christmas

Thanks for checking. I much preferred Skinn when it waas on Shop. HSN doesn't really do kits much with him and the pricing is getting out of my range. I think I've only purchased one thing from him since he went to HSN.

Honored Contributor

ITA, we have all said it, Dimitri, go back to Shop HQ!!

Respected Contributor

Talk about being under used , there has been nothing positive about his move to HSN. Shop HQ really knows how to sell a brand , now maybe it wasn't the best place to work at though.

Respected Contributor

This is so disappointing because I don't think HSN is promoting like they should. He used to have great holiday deals so I guess we won't be seeing any of those.

Trusted Contributor

WOW! Why? What a shame. Maybe his site will have some good holiday deals. 

Respected Contributor

I was sorry to see Dimitri leave ShopHQ (EVINE.) It seemed like the perfect fit for him. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My only other answer to this is that perhaps Dimitri felt that HQ was working him too hard, and he needed a break, so maybe this is making him happy, a lot less time on the road and on the air. Sort of like a semi retirement. He is almost 57 now. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My only other answer to this is that perhaps Dimitri felt that HQ was working him too hard, and he needed a break, so maybe this is making him happy, a lot less time on the road and on the air. Sort of like a semi retirement. He is almost 57 now. 

Good point. Those weekend shows were something else. Some of them actually started on Thursday evening.  

Respected Contributor

I definetly think they over worked him , but he always seemed sincere in his presentations he would get a little testy and wacky when he would be without sleep. Now his personality is too subdued for my liking and no super values . That last TSV was terrible.