Honored Contributor

Skinn DermApeel TSV First Impression

I have never used this product, so I thought I would try the TSV.  I have to say, it's not exactly what I expected from watching the presentation and really not for me.  I'm just not a fan of gritty exfoliation products for the face especially since I have broken capillaries.  Dmitry never said it was gritty.  I was expecting more of an enzymatic or acid based product.  I can never get all that grit off my face.  His presentation also didn't seem to agree with the directions on the product.  It looked like he was saying to apply it to the skin and let it sit a few minutes and then add water and rub it in.  The instructions on the product say to put on damp skin and immediately rub in for 1 to 2 minutes and then rinse off.  I could only do 1 minute.  I'm okay with the menthol scent, but some people are sensitive to scents.  So, I'll be using it on my body instead and cancelling the auto-ship.  I can use it on my arms to work on my farmer tan and on my hands.  I'm really rough on them, so they could use some help. 

I have found a couple of enzymatic non-gritty exfoliators on Amazon, so I think I'll try those for my face. 

I still have yet to try the Neck Amour night treatment which I bought at the same time.  Trying to use up my Prai serum first.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Skinn DermApeel TSV First Impression

I really don't think this is good to use on your face. It's too harsh for the skin. 

Honored Contributor

I like it alot---I only use it once a week, on my face and then I use it on the backs of my hands . It is great for bumpy skin on the body and I LOVE it on my feet. and I like the scent alot too. but just be gentle and don't scrub!!

Respected Contributor

He seems to have changed the directions for using it. So obviously they haven't updated the label. I have used it on and off. It's not a staple for me. I find it a bit too harsh. There are women who claim to use it everyday. Even when I have used it, I never used everyday. That's just too much exfoliation IMO. One thing that he says that I don't agree with is that Diimitri says when he sees a wrinkle he works extra hard on it with Dermapeel. He is the expert but I don't think you exfoliate wrinkles away. Not bashing Dimitri because I do like his products and use many of them.

Super Contributor

@Icegoddesssorry you don't like this product. It's one of the Skinn core non-negotiables that I still use & love! It's gritty to get all the old skin, dirt etc. off your face & afterwards the treatment serums, moisturizers etc. go on & get absorbed so much better.

I also use it on my elbows, knees & heels....it's awesome!

I've used DermAppeal for 5-6 years 1X per week & wouldn't be without it.

I actually think the smell is less with the newer product as the older one was much stronger.

I also put it on & leave it on for 5-10 min before I jump in the shower, then add a little water to activate the crystals...massage my face, knees, elbows, heels, rinse it off then follow with both the PM & AM Skinn core cleansers...get out of the shower...follow with Enriched Softening Essence, Age Reset Serum, Neck Amour Defining Serum, Neck Amour Leave on Mask & either Pep-40 (in the winter) or Creme Reverse Moisturizer (in the summer).

I no longer need foundation & look 20 years younger than my age! I hifhly recommend Skinn!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I use it but warning - do not rub too hard as it will dry out your skin. It is very gritty. Your skin feels invigorated after using but be careful. At least that is my experience
Honored Contributor

For me, the issue is all about the size of the grit.  If it was smaller, more like a powder I would be okay with it, but the grit is too large for me to be using on the face.

As far as putting on and then scrubbing when I get into the shower, I always do my hair first thing so the conditioner has time to work before I'm done.  I have a small shower, so as soon as I'm in it, it would be washing anything on my body off.  I'm okay with using it on my body though, so I'm sure I'll use it up, but for me it's just to harsh for my face.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess      I quit using this product  as it is just too sharp and gritty.  Not good for skin to be so harsh. Rougher is not better when it comes to skin.   

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I like it alot---I only use it once a week, on my face and then I use it on the backs of my hands . It is great for bumpy skin on the body and I LOVE it on my feet. and I like the scent alot too. but just be gentle and don't scrub!!

@wagirl   back of the arms... feet  yes. But the face skin is a lot more delicate than these areas.  I might use the rest of my container for my feet!