Respected Contributor

Skinn Dazzlers: question about Restore C+ powder

Directions say to mix it in with your moisturizer. I also read that you can dissolve it in the softening essence. Which method do you prefer and why?
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Dazzlers: question about Restore C+ powder

@Rachb  I don't use this particular product, but from what I've read here on the forum, it's my understanding that Vitamin C should be applied right after cleansing rather than later in the routine.  If the powder is mixed with the Softening Essence, I believe it would penentrate better (hence, be more effective) being mixed with a liquid than it would if mixed with a thicker product (moisturizer)

Honored Contributor

@Rachb-I use the Skinn Restore C powder every morning after cleansing. Mixing in the palm of my hand with the Essence, applying to face, neck & décolleté. Then I apply Stem Rejen serums. I don't need any addtl moisturizer in a.m.

I suggest following this base treatment with an SPF, in my case I'm using a foundation that includes SPF.I think you can also mix the C powder with any serum, but as @JeanLouiseFinch advises, it should be applied to freshly cleansed skin & my understanding is that C is most effective as an a.m. treatment. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I used to mix it with HydroSurge and Huile Vital. Then I switched it up and now mix it with Skin Softening Essence. That tiny bottle holds alot of product.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I use the C powder with my skin softening essence in my a.m. routine only.  Then I follow with my DWP translucence, Age Reverse and essential radiance cream.  Those are my HG daytime products. And there is definitely alot of powder in that little container.  I've had mine for a few months already and it seems like it's still full ... gotta love that!

Respected Contributor

Awesome. I'll continue to mix it in with my softening essence. I'm only using the powder at night. Maybe I should add it to my morning routine as well. I just scored the jumbo 3 oz. Bright Side serum on the bay for $30. I think that might become my "can't live without" product since it really doubles as a serum and mousturizer for me. I may add a few drops of oil once the weather becomes colder/drier.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
Awesome. I'll continue to mix it in with my softening essence. I'm only using the powder at night. Maybe I should add it to my morning routine as well. I just scored the jumbo 3 oz. Bright Side serum on the bay for $30. I think that might become my "can't live without" product since it really doubles as a serum and mousturizer for me. I may add a few drops of oil once the weather becomes colder/drier.

@Rachb  Vitamin C is recommened as a morning product because AHA's, Retin-A, Retinol, and Copper Peptides are recommended for nightime and Vitamin C shouldn't be used at the same time as them.  I'm not sure of your routine, but it might be worth a check of your products and their ingredients to make sure everything is compatible.  Otherwise there could be some irritation, redness, or one could be neutralizing the other.

Respected Contributor

Great advice....thanks! All I'm using right now are the AM/PM cleansers, softening essence, bright side serum and C+ powder. I actually might add the Collagenesis DWP Reverse Cream at night, in which case I'll switch the C+ to the AM.