Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - Nov Show Dates: 2 Visits! Nov 9th-11th & Nov 23rd-24th

I really enjoy watching Dimitri and I hear so many testimonials about how great the producers have worked for them. I have ordered some of his products but I can't say I noticed that they really did anything for me. Perhaps it was because it I wasn't as consistent as I should have been.  What kind of results have any of you had and with which products?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FLGators wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Zoie gift set! No photo yet.  Current price $57   *UPDATE: this is a Doorbuster, price = $50 +$3 shipping

314-364

Skinn Cosmetics Zoie Body Wash, Creme, and Perfume Trio Set

I updated the thread with photos/info. 

Pricing for the Zoie kit is reduced as it is now a Doorbuster.  Good value esp given the fragrance alone sold for $50 when it launched.  If you know someone that loves Lily of the Valley, this would be a nice gift. 

@Chi-town girl - this show only $39.99 + free s&h. 

@FLGators -  wow, great price -thank you for the notification. We went to the Bears game so I missed the shows, but DVR'd the shows. Want to see if there were any hints about Black Friday offers. Was anything shared?

I def want the Zoie trio but it would be for me and it's a Spring/Summer fragrance so I'm going to wait. Need to buy holiday gifts.  

I think Evine messed up this visit.  Both Q and H had free shipping for EVERYONE on EVERYTHING.  And Evine only had free shipping for Skinn for CC customers if you purchased $75 Woman Tongue which left out most customers. I bet their sales were lower than expected. Hopefully they will be more 'motivated' for business during Black Friday weekend! My Evine shopping is down significantly over previous years

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

I really enjoy watching Dimitri and I hear so many testimonials about how great the producers have worked for them. I have ordered some of his products but I can't say I noticed that they really did anything for me. Perhaps it was because it I wasn't as consistent as I should have been.  What kind of results have any of you had and with which products?

@isaboo - Consistent use is KEY! I always suggest a good starting point is with the non-negotiables - cleansers,  DermAppeal,  Essence.  Really good products at excellent pricing, especially when it's the Double-Double Anniversary kit offered in July.

I am very selective about the skin care products since we don't need everything.  It depends on your needs,  priorities and budget.  I love the peel, but it's pricey, the DWP blue label products for a.m. and the Pep40 line for p.m. The new body creams are fantastic and good values. But I also use some serums and products from other lines, careful not to duplicate and waste $$$$. 

Tell us what you have in you stash and have tried from Skinn + your needs/objectives so we can give you some advice and suggestions

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@isaboo wrote:

@isaboo - Consistent use is KEY! I always suggest a good starting point is with the non-negotiables - cleansers,  DermAppeal,  Essence.  Really good products at excellent pricing, especially when it's the Double-Double Anniversary kit offered in July.

I am very selective about the skin care products since we don't need everything.  It depends on your needs,  priorities and budget.  I love the peel, but it's pricey, the DWP blue label products for a.m. and the Pep40 line for p.m. The new body creams are fantastic and good values. But I also use some serums and products from other lines, careful not to duplicate and waste $$$$. 

Tell us what you have in you stash and have tried from Skinn + your needs/objectives so we can give you some advice and suggestions

Thank you Chi-town girl! 

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@FLGators wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Zoie gift set! No photo yet.  Current price $57   *UPDATE: this is a Doorbuster, price = $50 +$3 shipping

314-364

Skinn Cosmetics Zoie Body Wash, Creme, and Perfume Trio Set

I updated the thread with photos/info. 

Pricing for the Zoie kit is reduced as it is now a Doorbuster.  Good value esp given the fragrance alone sold for $50 when it launched.  If you know someone that loves Lily of the Valley, this would be a nice gift. 

@Chi-town girl - this show only $39.99 + free s&h. 

@FLGators -  wow, great price -thank you for the notification. We went to the Bears game so I missed the shows, but DVR'd the shows. Want to see if there were any hints about Black Friday offers. Was anything shared?

I def want the Zoie trio but it would be for me and it's a Spring/Summer fragrance so I'm going to wait. Need to buy holiday gifts.  

I think Evine messed up this visit.  Both Q and H had free shipping for EVERYONE on EVERYTHING.  And Evine only had free shipping for Skinn for CC customers if you purchased $75 Woman Tongue which left out most customers. I bet their sales were lower than expected. Hopefully they will be more 'motivated' for business during Black Friday weekend! My Evine shopping is down significantly over previous years

@Chi-town girl - didn't watch any of the shows. Just got the tail end of the last show when they were promoting zoie. Didn't listen to any of the banter. I tune them out unless I really need infoWoman LOL

No impulse buying this time. I wanted the butter but I really didn't need it. pep40, DWP,  korres & beekman butters should have me covered.  

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Does anyone find that the lip 6x balms actually do what D promises they will? Plump? All they do is moisturize my lips. They do that well but they certainly don’t give me fat lips as in his before/after photos (thank goodness!). I’d love a bit more added to my lips but none of his products do that for me.

For me I see no plumping going on. I buy them simply for the hydration and the fact that you don't have to keep reapplying. I have been using them for about 5 years so if they were going to plump up, they would have done that by now. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Does anyone find that the lip 6x balms actually do what D promises they will? Plump? All they do is moisturize my lips. They do that well but they certainly don’t give me fat lips as in his before/after photos (thank goodness!). I’d love a bit more added to my lips but none of his products do that for me.

I have naturally full lips and I didn't buy the balms for the supposed plumping. My lips get very dry especially during the winter and I find the balms work well in keeping my lips smooth and hydrated without repeated applications, as I had to do with chapstick or vaseline based balms. There's been no change to the fullness of my lips, which I'm glad for! 

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

For me I see no plumping going on. I buy them simply for the hydration and the fact that you don't have to keep reapplying. I have been using them for about 5 years so if they were going to plump up, they would have done that by now. 

@Tricolor

Thanks for the reply. I do have to reapply them. When I am home I apply the lip balm several times per day. Maybe it is because I drink or eat? I apply some before bed and my lips feel great in the morning...

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I have naturally full lips and I didn't buy the balms for the supposed plumping. My lips get very dry especially during the winter and I find the balms work well in keeping my lips smooth and hydrated without repeated applications, as I had to do with chapstick or vaseline based balms. There's been no change to the fullness of my lips, which I'm glad for! 

@Cumbercookie13

Thanks for the reply. I must be the only person who keeps reapplying the lip balms all day. I can feel when I need more & reach for it. 

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I do NOT have natually full lips and would love if they plumped but they just hydrate for me too.  I use the clear lip6x at night and the tinted balm during the day. 

So, I was sick over the weekend and missed all of the Skinn shows (and this thread)!  I guess it was good I wasn't tempted by anything...lol.  Luckily I just opened an 8oz Neck Amour so that will last me some time...