Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - Nov Show Dates: 2 Visits! Nov 9th-11th & Nov 23rd-24th

@sueinsf wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Does anyone find that the lip 6x balms actually do what D promises they will? Plump? All they do is moisturize my lips. They do that well but they certainly don’t give me fat lips as in his before/after photos (thank goodness!). I’d love a bit more added to my lips but none of his products do that for me.

I have naturally full lips and I didn't buy the balms for the supposed plumping. My lips get very dry especially during the winter and I find the balms work well in keeping my lips smooth and hydrated without repeated applications, as I had to do with chapstick or vaseline based balms. There's been no change to the fullness of my lips, which I'm glad for! 

I do NOT have natually full lips and would love if they plumped but they just hydrate for me too.  I use the clear lip6x at night and the tinted balm during the day. 

So, I was sick over the weekend and missed all of the Skinn shows (and this thread)!  I guess it was good I wasn't tempted by anything...lol.  Luckily I just opened an 8oz Neck Amour so that will last me some time...

Hope that you are feeling better. He will be back over the Thanksgiving weekend I believe. So hopefully you can catch some of those shows. I did not buy anything other than the 6X lip balms.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Does anyone find that the lip 6x balms actually do what D promises they will? Plump? All they do is moisturize my lips. They do that well but they certainly don’t give me fat lips as in his before/after photos (thank goodness!). I’d love a bit more added to my lips but none of his products do that for me.

I have naturally full lips and I didn't buy the balms for the supposed plumping. My lips get very dry especially during the winter and I find the balms work well in keeping my lips smooth and hydrated without repeated applications, as I had to do with chapstick or vaseline based balms. There's been no change to the fullness of my lips, which I'm glad for! 

I do NOT have natually full lips and would love if they plumped but they just hydrate for me too.  I use the clear lip6x at night and the tinted balm during the day. 

So, I was sick over the weekend and missed all of the Skinn shows (and this thread)!  I guess it was good I wasn't tempted by anything...lol.  Luckily I just opened an 8oz Neck Amour so that will last me some time...

Hope that you are feeling better. He will be back over the Thanksgiving weekend I believe. So hopefully you can catch some of those shows. I did not buy anything other than the 6X lip balms.

@sueinsf @Tricolor - yes, D will be back for Black Friday.  

I rec'd an email from Evine yesterday,  the Neck Amour TTV is on back order with shipping delayed until end of November.  It's weird or maybe is it planned that the Evine beauty TTV's are repeatedly back ordered?  The Skinn Body Creams,  Isomers TTV's and now Neck Amour which is not a new product. 

So they want advanced orders to confirm manufacturing runs, yet they don't tell us until after the event/shows end? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update on my recent Skinn purchase.  I just received the 6x lip balms and they are FABULOUS!  So impressed.  I tried two so far and I love how emollient they are on the lips.  They smell wonderful and have a light tint color.  I haven't tried the DermAppeal yet but I'm sure I'll be pleased as well.  Also, a big rave for the Grande Mascara.  I was recently at Sephora to use my VIB coupon and they had little gift sets and one was the Grande mascara that came with a primer.  The set was a cute trial set for only $20 if anyone is interested.  OMG, my lashes are full and long!  They did look like false lashes especially with the primer.  Another impressive new product and thanks again for both recommendations on here! 

Respected Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

Update on my recent Skinn purchase.  I just received the 6x lip balms and they are FABULOUS!  So impressed.  I tried two so far and I love how emollient they are on the lips.  They smell wonderful and have a light tint color.  I haven't tried the DermAppeal yet but I'm sure I'll be pleased as well.  Also, a big rave for the Grande Mascara.  I was recently at Sephora to use my VIB coupon and they had little gift sets and one was the Grande mascara that came with a primer.  The set was a cute trial set for only $20 if anyone is interested.  OMG, my lashes are full and long!  They did look like false lashes especially with the primer.  Another impressive new product and thanks again for both recommendations on here! 

I have been using the 6X lip balms for several years and won't be without them.  A few years ago my salon started carrying GrandeLash Mascara.  So I have been using that for about 5 years. A few days ago my neighbor asked me if I was wearing false lashes. I told her it was just the Grande Lash Mascara. My natural lashes are stick straight. This is a wonderful mascara that doesn't get clump or look goopy.

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@Lattelvr - delighted to read about you positive experience.  Love the Skinn lip balms and pricing is awesome when the holiday/multi item balms is offered. My fav 'flavor' is the original,  but I'm also glad to have the spf one for outdoor/dsytime use.

Now about Grande mascara - I haven't been this impressed by a mascara in a long time. I still have the GrandeLASH serum/mascara duo on auto delivery st HSN that I locked in at $45 TS price with free shipping. It's a great value/price since the serum is usually $65 and mascara is $25 at Sephora. I hope my AD never ends,  lol.

Right now H is offering the mascara at a lower special price of $15, free shipping. It's $10 less than Sephora price. Auto delivery is sold out in black but black is available for single ship and 5 flex pay of $3. With extended holiday returns it gives new customers 2 months to try it and return if you don't love it. I want to try the primer!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@sueinsf @Tricolor - yes, D will be back for Black Friday.  

I rec'd an email from Evine yesterday,  the Neck Amour TTV is on back order with shipping delayed until end of November.  It's weird or maybe is it planned that the Evine beauty TTV's are repeatedly back ordered?  The Skinn Body Creams,  Isomers TTV's and now Neck Amour which is not a new product. 

So they want advanced orders to confirm manufacturing runs, yet they don't tell us until after the event/shows end? 

Thanks @Chi-town girl.  Hopefully won't miss the offers this time :-)

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Tricolor - definitely feeling better!  I'll try and see what shows up for Black Friday, but I really don't need anything.  Just recently opened the Pep40 set that was TTV and still have a DWP set and a HydroVital set I need to use up, so I'm really good well until 2019!