Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - New for 2018! March 21-23 Shows/Items

I was almost going to buy this foundation, but I have so many foundations I haven’t started yet, so I passed on it

Esteemed Contributor

Okay My Dazzler Friends , here's the last three colors available. Seems like quantities have dwindled down. Last call will probably be soon. From the left, Light, Medium in center and Fair on the right.Screenshot_2018-03-23-18-29-00.png

Screenshot_2018-03-23-18-29-05.png

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I'm glad you ordered the Deep. I almost did too. But I'll have to rely on your feedback instead. What is nice is the concealer can be used too as an additional  option. That plus the one ounce foundation will last forever! 

It's too bad D didn't demo the contour option technique. I have seen Kristopher Buckle utilize his shades as both highlight and concealer in addition to his foundation. Impressive too.There's some fab u tube videos. I definitely feel this can create a nice uptick in sales. Cha-ching.

Regular Contributor

Looking forward to watching another presentation of the foundation again.  I had to get some sleep last night during the first one.  I just ordered my usual fair and went to bed.,.but OH OH,.,..Kendy is the host.  I know she'll interrupt Dimitri continually.  Ii think I'll keep track of the " BUY SIX",  "People are buying more than one". So, it's getting old.  I WANT TO LISTEN TO D.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the light earlier, which I think is the closest match for my skin tone, but went back and ordered a medium to mix with in the summer.  I also wanted it for a second  brush, since the brush isn't included in future deliveries.  

Honored Contributor

@rochelleSwrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@rochelleS - there are a number of Dream Finish like setting powders. The ingredients vary. I think Skinn is ultra fine and has a better than average ingredient deck. 

Elf is similarly a silica,  no talc

I'm not familiar with the IT product but it sounds similar.

For application I prefer a brush, light hand over the tzone.

Another popular brand is Makeup Forever that is supposed to be the inspiration for elf hi def

2279806.JPG

@Chi-town girl

Thank you for your reponse. I do have another finishing powder by Kristopher Buckle too. With my stash of (underused) products,I'll experiment when I receive my foundation. Oh! I have Skinn Candlelight also. Probably more too, amassed in my stash. Lots to play with and can always look into another product if the need arises. I'd probably try the Elf or pick up the Skinn on ebay.

@rochelleS @Chi-town girl

I have BE Mineral Veil & I’ll try that with the new foundation. But I’m curious about the source of the silica in these products - because I’ve got plenty of diatomaceous earth and I could try that! Smiley Wink

So D would not recommend his other finishing products - like Flawless Finish - with this foundation?

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3

It's been awhile since I've used diatomaceous earth, but I clearly recall it was recommended to wear a mask and to even protect pets when using as flea control. Don't want to breathe in to much of this virtually micronized  skeletal product. I'll have to Google and reacquaint myself with details. Yet my yellow caution lights went on when I saw your post. I surely don't want you to inadvertably expose your lungs to a questionable product. There's enough ****** out there we can't avoid. Please know I mean no offense, just strongly recall precautionary instructions💓

Honored Contributor

@rochelleSwrote:

@willdob3

It's been awhile since I've used diatomaceous earth, but I clearly recall it was recommended to wear a mask and to even protect pets when using as flea control. Don't want to breathe in to much of this virtually micronized  skeletal product. I'll have to Google and reacquaint myself with details. Yet my yellow caution lights went on when I saw your post. I surely don't want you to inadvertably expose your lungs to a questionable product. There's enough ****** out there we can't avoid. Please know I mean no offense, just strongly recall precautionary instructions💓

@rochelleS

What is use is food grade; it is safe. I’ve used it for many years and actually drink it in water at times.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 When I used to live in an area where my dogs could get fleas, we'd use it in our carpets during the beginnings of flea  season  and yes, rub a bit on the dogs. We'd also use it on our lawn to kill any potential fleas and/or eggs . We never had to use chemical flea products. Where we live now there is no flea issue and we haven't had to use it for that purpose in almost a decade but I'd never hesitate to use it again. Food grade is the only way to go but I still don't think I'd ever drink it personally. 😉

Trusted Contributor

Was the fair shown on a live model? I automatically ordered the fair, but am becoming concerned that it may be too pale.
Do the math.