Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - New for 2018! March 21-23 Shows/Items

Ohhh, Dimitri is going to use a darker shade and contour.   

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I know it is getting confusing, haha!  When he was showing the pep 40 serum yesterday, he was showing this one before and after that I thought looked fantastic in terms of the hooded eye area, where the eye looked much better in the after. I remember him showing this same B/A at the premier of the item and that is one reason I got it as my lids are starting to drop a bit. Anyway....now he is saying that she was using the new PEP 40 eye cream  that hasn't been presented yet, during that time period. I felt a bit....welll....duped? He never mentioned that before, just simply said he was coming out with a pep 40 eye cream during the demo but never did he say that is what she was using for the several weeks of the After photo. Oh well. I don't think he meant it to deceive but if he forgets to include vital information like that, well, it causes some confusion and head scratching.

Valued Contributor

I actually look forward to everyone's reviews about the foundation when they get it. 

Honored Contributor

I just want to thank everyone for a lively and informative  discussion Heart

Very helpful for my decision and it's been fun shopping wih you! For those that missed out on preferred color Woman Sad

I hope we are happy with our decisions and exude radiance Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

I just want to thank everyone for a lively and informative  discussion Heart

Very helpful for my decision and it's been fun shopping wih you! For those that missed out on preferred color Woman Sad

I hope we are happy with our decisions and exude radiance Heart 

@Chi-town girl Same here.  I always learn a lot from you and everybody here.   I'm grateful for your information you gave me about ordering a shade lighter in his cc cream. If it wasn't' for you, my first purchase would have been a return.  You're the best.  

Esteemed Contributor

Another screen shot of the remaining colors... deep may be sold out by now.

Screenshot_2018-03-23-17-10-08.png

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Did he do it?  Did I miss his demo? I was watching and thought he didn't contour as the deep had sold out! Plus, by then had gotten too far along in his demo, and mentioned, contour before the finishing powder. Too late! I wish this host could dial it down a wee bit. Her shows are distracting for me and seems like too many conversations and tips get lost or dropped by the interruptions and talking over D. 

Did you end up ordering a dark color for contouring?

Honored Contributor

@rochelleSwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Did he do it?  Did I miss his demo? I was watching and thought he didn't contour as the deep had sold out! Plus, by then had gotten too far along in his demo, and mentioned, contour before the finishing powder. Too late! I wish this host could dial it down a wee bit. Her shows are distracting for me and seems like too many conversations and tips get lost or dropped by the interruptions and talking over D. 

Did you end up ordering a dark color for contouring?

@rochelleS- I've been waiting and no, he never did it. Woman Sad  Now that the "Deep" is on the verge of selling out, he may not.  Shawna is in the chair now, so we'll see.  I did order the deep and will play with it on my own.  

I like Allison but she does butt in too much and gets silly.  Several hosts butt in (all shopping channels) and it's unfortunate when you're trying to learn about a product.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@rochelleS - there are a number of Dream Finish like setting powders. The ingredients vary. I think Skinn is ultra fine and has a better than average ingredient deck. 

Elf is similarly a silica,  no talc

I'm not familiar with the IT product but it sounds similar.

For application I prefer a brush, light hand over the tzone.

Another popular brand is Makeup Forever that is supposed to be the inspiration for elf hi def

2279806.JPG

@Chi-town girl

Thank you for your reponse. I do have another finishing powder by Kristopher Buckle too. With my stash of (underused) products,I'll experiment when I receive my foundation. Oh! I have Skinn Candlelight also. Probably more too, amassed in my stash. Lots to play with and can always look into another product if the need arises. I'd probably try the Elf or pick up the Skinn on ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023wrote:

@rochelleSwrote:

@Blingqueen023wrote:

@rochelleSwrote:

@Blingqueen023

Did you happen to catch the recent demo with Megan, Evines in house makeup artist? She did not look overly "glossy" or shiny at all when D did her face. I didn't catch the color used but she looked good.

@rochelleS Yes, I did catch that presentation and she looked really nice in that foundation.  She didn't look real glossy at all.  I just ordered another dream finish only to get another one of his big brushes.  They're really nice.  Always nice to have a backup.  

@Blingqueen023

I like the look with the finishing powder. But I am wondering if IT's  poreless powder, available loose or pressed or Amazing  Cosmetics pressed setting powder or even some BE Radiance or Mineral Veil products would suffice? I'm not savy in the finishing powder arena at all. I rarely need it and have been known to quickly buff it in when I need to get out of the door in a hurry. Definitely not the manner it's designed for😩but in a pinch, it worked. What's your opinion, as a repeat buyer?

I also remembered Wayne Goss talking 'bout how lighting can skew a foundation finish. Making it look shiny when it's not. He seems to be a pretty credible guy...

@rochelleS  I like the dream finish and that brush works really well with it.  I don't over fill the brush with it.  I just lightly dip it in and then I tap the end of the brush handle to get the powder distributed inside the brush.  I saw that on a demo from Becca  on their finishing powder and I was smazed when Dimitri did the same thing.  

What I don't like about the dream finish I find it a bit messy to use.  It's a small container compared to the Becca product.  The Becca product does contain talc, but that doesn't really bother me.  They're both good products and achieve the same thing.  The Becca product is less messy.  Both brushes from the products are great.  

@Blingqueen023

Again I thank you so much. I appreciate your sharing your favorite and best techniques used. I have enough here to start with and hopefully can achieve the look we've oohed and ahhed at these past hours. I can always pick up something else if need be.

This foundation has certainly been popular and it'll be interesting when everyone receives theirs. The ' fit and finish' will again make good conversation! I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback. Have a great weekend!