Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - May Shows (Thurs 5/17-Sun 5/20)

@Leiloni @Chi-town girl

Thank you both for your comments and Chi for the HSN rec. I seem to recall that several of Skinn's new and umproved products have had many of you chomping at the bit for the return of the original formulations. Geez, if it's not broke, why change? Pressure from Evine? Why not offer larger sizes, duos or kits configured with these popular products instead of messing with what seems like somewhat of an uproar from dissatisfied customers.I dunno.

On another topic... wasn't there another powdered Vito C product? I recall one was newer with improved ingredients. I think the label was a different color too. I don't know if this current duo is the newer improved or not. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Also, no video up for the new cooling drop duo yet. Missed the live presentation. Any opinions???

I did succumb to the new retinol product. I couldn't find the comparative product that @JeanLouiseFinch mentioned up thread.I wanted to read the reviews. Is this .5oz too?

Anyhow, hope everyone is having a great Sunday ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Leiloni @Chi-town girl

Thank you both for your comments and Chi for the HSN rec. I seem to recall that several of Skinn's new and umproved products have had many of you chomping at the bit for the return of the original formulations. Geez, if it's not broke, why change? Pressure from Evine? Why not offer larger sizes, duos or kits configured with these popular products instead of messing with what seems like somewhat of an uproar from dissatisfied customers.I dunno.

On another topic... wasn't there another powdered Vito C product? I recall one was newer with improved ingredients. I think the label was a different color too. I don't know if this current duo is the newer improved or not. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Also, no video up for the new cooling drop duo yet. Missed the live presentation. Any opinions???

I did succumb to the new retinol product. I couldn't find the comparative product that @JeanLouiseFinch mentioned up thread.I wanted to read the reviews. Is this .5oz too?

Anyhow, hope everyone is having a great Sunday ♡♡♡

@rochelleS  Yes, there is a powdered Vitamin C that you can add to a moisturizer or serum.  It's called Restore C+ and is available in a duo for around $28 and you can get it on subscription.  It doesn't activate until you mix it into something.  That makes it really good value since there's no waste.  The little measuring spoon is in the cap.  You only use one scoop per use.  

I was sort of tempted to try the Ice Drops but ended up passing because I don't think I need another firming product.  The cooling probably isn't long lasting.  It might feel good for someone having a personal summer, to rub a little on the back of their neck.  Fortunately, I'm over that stage now. 

The Change Assist drops were available a few months ago.  I don't know where they went unless they sold out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you. I wasn't clear re the Vitamin C. I am aware of the duo that's currently offered. I recall another powder formula possibly well over a year ago, maybe more,

that had a different label. Same size bottle. There was a new 'improved" offer with addition ingredients, a tweaked  version of the product that had been offered. Was magnesium a new ingredient? Can't remember exactly except there were definitely two out there. I recall checking the bay and buying some. It's long gone now. I'm wondering which of these two is the current duo? Older or the newer improved? 

And is this the best powered Vit C deal? I know your an amazon shopper, not that I want you do do my work, but wonder if you've seen satisfactory alternatives like many other products or items you've  previously mentioned? 

Did you buy the new retinol product?

Honored Contributor

I don't even see any new formula Lip 6X serum available at all on Evine anymore. Only balms and glosses. Why would he give up on one of his best lines?

What I've noticed is that certain lines have been reformulated with less expensive ingredients. So the profit margin on those items improves. (I'm looking at you, Stem Rejen and Lip 6X.) And the people at Evine probably think most of us won't notice or care. Well I noticed and I care.

So now we don't even have any decent lip treatments available from Skinn. Just a balm (with very diluted actives) or makeup. Dimitri, plz fix. Use old, tried and tested ingredients if they work! And Evine, don't get in his way!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Does anyone use the neck products. Just wondering if I should invest in this. I heard there is nothing that will improve the neck. TIA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

I don't even see any new formula Lip 6X serum available at all on Evine anymore. Only balms and glosses. Why would he give up on one of his best lines?

What I've noticed is that certain lines have been reformulated with less expensive ingredients. So the profit margin on those items improves. (I'm looking at you, Stem Rejen and Lip 6X.) And the people at Evine probably think most of us won't notice or care. Well I noticed and I care.

So now we don't even have any decent lip treatments available from Skinn. Just a balm (with very diluted actives) or makeup. Dimitri, plz fix. Use old, tried and tested ingredients if they work! And Evine, don't get in his way!

@Porcelain - I think you hit the nail on the head about the issue of disappearing/reformulated favorites. My belief is Evine is a big reason.

There was a time shortly after I started to use this brand when a bunch of customer loved products were reformulated and most were not accepted by customers as 'improved'. 

@Leiloni @rochelleS @Porcelain and all interested in the original Lip 6X serum,  or any requests/suggestions/feedback - my suggestion is to call and speak directly to CS and/or leave messages. Do it weekly if you can.

Rally Call!!!

Per Skinn website - 

CONTACT US

Whether you have a suggestion, comment, concern or question, go ahead and send us an email or give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Okay I did my bit. I sent the following to the customer service email address:

"Hi Skinn Customer Service,

Just wanted to let you know I posted the message below on the QVC forum where we often discuss your great line. A lot of people are upset about the lack of Lip 6X serum. When you get a chance, please address and fix? Thanks! [name redacted] (aka Porcelain)"

Then I gave a link to this forum and copied the text of my post. Hope it helps a little.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Just announced: In June during a mini visit, Lip 6X Original in the pump will be back for a one-chance offer.

Launching a new mascara system. Under the DWP line.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain @rochelleS @Leiloni Anyone. Everyone.

OMG!!!!!! SOMEONE please tell me you heard this too!  I'm watching the final Skinn shows. Just turned on the 10 p ET show, catching the final 15 minutes and at10:58 p ET D talked about products he is bringing for June. I heard blah, blah and then...............

"I'm bringing back the original Lip 6X serum in the pump. A 1 time chance. "

Thump, smelling salts please, lol I'm  buying a case Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Dang gals! Well done! Now why a one time deal?