Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - May Shows (Thurs 5/17-Sun 5/20)

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Leiloni wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Porcelain @rochelleS @Leiloni Anyone. Everyone.

OMG!!!!!! SOMEONE please tell me you heard this too!  I'm watching the final Skinn shows. Just turned on the 10 p ET show, catching the final 15 minutes and at10:58 p ET D talked about products he is bringing for June. I heard blah, blah and then...............

"I'm bringing back the original Lip 6X serum in the pump. A 1 time chance. "

Thump, smelling salts please, lol I'm  buying a case Woman LOL

@Chi-town girl  Girl you are the bomb!!! I was watching him & working out at the same time, so I wasn't much listening. I am buying a case too! THANK YOU SO MUCH for looking out for me, you are so true to your word! I am your humble servant for life, thank you to the moon & back! Yippie, yippie & thank you forever! I will be watching in June!!!! Thank You a million, zillion times, you rock @Chi-town girl !!!!!Smiley Happy

@Leiloni - I think @Porcelain email triggered something! It's so bizarre bc I had just gotten home when the 10p ET Skinn show was ending and I was going to watch the IMAN shows I had recorded but decided to read some posts and see if there were any final Skinn specials. 

Then I heard D mention June visit and Lip 6X and I just froze thinking, no way! I paused the show and played it back. Thump! 

I'm thrilled for us Heart

@Chi-town girl You sd you'd never give up & look at this! I'm happier for you than I am for me! Have a wonderful nights ZZZZZZZ!Heart

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Chi-town girl @Porcelain @Tique 

This is great news!!! I look forward to trying this 6x serum. I wonder if the small quanity/relaunch is to test the waters. Or will a near sell out find his office locating "500 more" for immediate delivery or advance order spiel.

Regardless you all must be thrilled! How long will a bottle last? Did I see a year? Truly? 

@rochelleS - if it's the regular size which is 0.5 oz, it would last approx 6 months.

I have the supersized which is 1.2 oz and it lasts approx 1 yr, but I only use at night for pm/overnight treatment.  I believe I paid around $15 at Hautelook. 

I did a google search, someone has the small bottle for sale at Amazon for $34! Yikes

61B+40jLsSL._SL1500_.jpg

Fuller, plumper lips are now available without the wait, thanks to this fast-working, volume-boosting Lip 6x amplifying serum. There's plenty of science behind this lip serum. Powerful vectorized peptides provide deep penetration; pink purslane extract stimulates hyaluronic acid, chondroitin supports tissue and collagen-injected liposomes boost moisture--all resulting in rapid, visible plumping. Lips are visibly augmented and lip rim appears firmer, too. Using easy pump dispenser, apply pea size amount to lips and lip lines twice daily on clean dry lips. May be used more frequently for increased results. 0.5 oz.

Ah, again thank you @Chi-town girl! Do you or anybody else recall the price this sold for on Evine? Obviously it was nicely discounted on Hautelook. Also wonder if the forthcoming "small batch" order will be priced higher than the previous retail offers. I guess time will tell.

Respected Contributor

@wenfen, thank you for the information on how to reach Skinn. Will keep that in mind in the future.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you. I wasn't clear re the Vitamin C. I am aware of the duo that's currently offered. I recall another powder formula possibly well over a year ago, maybe more,

that had a different label. Same size bottle. There was a new 'improved" offer with addition ingredients, a tweaked  version of the product that had been offered. Was magnesium a new ingredient? Can't remember exactly except there were definitely two out there. I recall checking the bay and buying some. It's long gone now. I'm wondering which of these two is the current duo? Older or the newer improved? 

And is this the best powered Vit C deal? I know your an amazon shopper, not that I want you do do my work, but wonder if you've seen satisfactory alternatives like many other products or items you've  previously mentioned? 

Did you buy the new retinol product?

@rochelleS  I'm sure the current offering of the Restore C3 is the current version.  It's the identical item sold on the Skinn website.  I haven't checked out Amazon for a powdered version of vitamin c, but did just now.  There is a Philosophy powdered additive for $21, for the same size bottle as the Skinn, but with the Evine listing you're getting two.  For someone that likes the idea of mixing in the powder, Dimitri's contains three different forms of  Vitamin C that work in three different ways, according to him.  I stopped using Vitamin C awhile ago when I switched to the Elysee Pycnogeol serum.  Linda Marshall has a study showing the limits of Vitamin C when in the oil phase and liquid phase whereas she claims her Pycnogenol beats both.  I like her Pycnogenol very much for the firming it's provided, but I don't thin it's done much for hyperpignemtation.  I've recently noticed a little dark spot on my cheek and am also getting a couple of age spots (ugh) on the tops of my hands so I thought I'd get the Restore C3 and see if it helps.  

I did not purchase the Congugated Retinol, for a few reasons.  First, I'm using Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum and like it.  Secondly, I already have the Youth Catalyst Change Assist Complexion Revitalizing Concentrate, which has retinol.  Honestly, I bought it to use as a booster, not even realizing it contains retinol.  Lastly, I realize there isn't complete agreement on this in the dermatology world, but I've read numerous places that it isn't recommended to use an AHA and retinoid at the same time due to the instability of retinoids - that's why many derms recommend the retinoid at night and the AHA in the morning.  I also know that retinol is a much, much weaker form of Retin-A that needs to go through a few metabolic conversion steps in order to be used by the skin.  It weakens with each step so if a high concentration of retinol isn't at the starting point and very high on the ingredient deck (within the top five) it makes me wonder how powerful it would be by the time it penetrated the skin and was supposed to go to work.  All that said, if an already weakened product is combined with something that could nullify whatever it might be able to do anyway, well, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Chi-town girl @Porcelain @Tique 

This is great news!!! I look forward to trying this 6x serum. I wonder if the small quanity/relaunch is to test the waters. Or will a near sell out find his office locating "500 more" for immediate delivery or advance order spiel.

Regardless you all must be thrilled! How long will a bottle last? Did I see a year? Truly? 

@rochelleS - if it's the regular size which is 0.5 oz, it would last approx 6 months.

I have the supersized which is 1.2 oz and it lasts approx 1 yr, but I only use at night for pm/overnight treatment.  I believe I paid around $15 at Hautelook. 

I did a google search, someone has the small bottle for sale at Amazon for $34! Yikes

61B+40jLsSL._SL1500_.jpg

Fuller, plumper lips are now available without the wait, thanks to this fast-working, volume-boosting Lip 6x amplifying serum. There's plenty of science behind this lip serum. Powerful vectorized peptides provide deep penetration; pink purslane extract stimulates hyaluronic acid, chondroitin supports tissue and collagen-injected liposomes boost moisture--all resulting in rapid, visible plumping. Lips are visibly augmented and lip rim appears firmer, too. Using easy pump dispenser, apply pea size amount to lips and lip lines twice daily on clean dry lips. May be used more frequently for increased results. 0.5 oz.

Ah, again thank you @Chi-town girl! Do you or anybody else recall the price this sold for on Evine? Obviously it was nicely discounted on Hautelook. Also wonder if the forthcoming "small batch" order will be priced higher than the previous retail offers. I guess time will tell.

@rochelleS - it's been 3 yrs since Evine sold the original 6X serum.  This was the last purchase I made for it at Evine. It was a Once Only for $35. 

My guess on new pricing is over $20, less than $35. I would like to see the supersize offered! 

Skinn Cosmetics Lip 6X Serum, Insta-Fill for Lips & Hollywood Lip Palette Trio - 308-531

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I got through the visit without buying anything!

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you. I wasn't clear re the Vitamin C. I am aware of the duo that's currently offered. I recall another powder formula possibly well over a year ago, maybe more,

that had a different label. Same size bottle. There was a new 'improved" offer with addition ingredients, a tweaked  version of the product that had been offered. Was magnesium a new ingredient? Can't remember exactly except there were definitely two out there. I recall checking the bay and buying some. It's long gone now. I'm wondering which of these two is the current duo? Older or the newer improved? 

And is this the best powered Vit C deal? I know your an amazon shopper, not that I want you do do my work, but wonder if you've seen satisfactory alternatives like many other products or items you've  previously mentioned? 

Did you buy the new retinol product?

@rochelleS  I'm sure the current offering of the Restore C3 is the current version.  It's the identical item sold on the Skinn website.  I haven't checked out Amazon for a powdered version of vitamin c, but did just now.  There is a Philosophy powdered additive for $21, for the same size bottle as the Skinn, but with the Evine listing you're getting two.  For someone that likes the idea of mixing in the powder, Dimitri's contains three different forms of  Vitamin C that work in three different ways, according to him.  I stopped using Vitamin C awhile ago when I switched to the Elysee Pycnogeol serum.  Linda Marshall has a study showing the limits of Vitamin C when in the oil phase and liquid phase whereas she claims her Pycnogenol beats both.  I like her Pycnogenol very much for the firming it's provided, but I don't thin it's done much for hyperpignemtation.  I've recently noticed a little dark spot on my cheek and am also getting a couple of age spots (ugh) on the tops of my hands so I thought I'd get the Restore C3 and see if it helps.  

I did not purchase the Congugated Retinol, for a few reasons.  First, I'm using Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum and like it.  Secondly, I already have the Youth Catalyst Change Assist Complexion Revitalizing Concentrate, which has retinol.  Honestly, I bought it to use as a booster, not even realizing it contains retinol.  Lastly, I realize there isn't complete agreement on this in the dermatology world, but I've read numerous places that it isn't recommended to use an AHA and retinoid at the same time due to the instability of retinoids - that's why many derms recommend the retinoid at night and the AHA in the morning.  I also know that retinol is a much, much weaker form of Retin-A that needs to go through a few metabolic conversion steps in order to be used by the skin.  It weakens with each step so if a high concentration of retinol isn't at the starting point and very high on the ingredient deck (within the top five) it makes me wonder how powerful it would be by the time it penetrated the skin and was supposed to go to work.  All that said, if an already weakened product is combined with something that could nullify whatever it might be able to do anyway, well, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you @JeanLouiseFinch for once again sharing your experience and knowledge! 

The am application of the retinal product threw me off too. Never have I ever heard that before. And where's D's sunscreen products? The perfect upsell is MIA.

I was thinking of adding this and/or the Vit C powder to my body creams. Both are very small and I'm not certain of the cost effectiveness over the long term. $70oz is pricey! Hopefully the Youth Catalyst Change Assist will return and I'll consider that. I'm going to have to do much more homework in this area. There's lots of Vit C powders on Ebay BTW,  multiple formulations too. 

All I know with aging, the loss of hormones and collagen production I do not want to end up looking like this! Have a great day. And much thanks again!

Screenshot_2018-04-22-20-20-26-1.png

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl thanks for the heads up on the coupon code but sadly I was not online for awhile so I missed out. Darn!!