Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - June Shows (Thurs 6/14-Sat 6/17)

I got the TTV! Just one. This size serum will probably last me 2 years. You use SO little lip serum each time. Less than a pea. I'm very happy.

If the balm stains, that's great. I need a stain to feel like I look healthy, even just around the house when I don't wear any other makeup.

I think Dimitri looks great. Better than last time I saw him on TV. Maybe a little wax or other product in the hair could give it a more definite style, but he'll figure it out. It looks good. I think we should leave all of the salespeople be and concentrate on product knowledge and detail.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only use the serum at night and that supersize lasts a year for me. It's my favorite lip treatment product Heart

It's nice to deal with a company that owns a mfg facility and listens to customer requests.  I had a feeling if we kept asking and there were enough of us, we would eventually convince D to bring it back.  I know it may seem like a small victory,  but it's a good one  Woman Very Happy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I paused the last hour of the show and watching it now. The lash primer and mascara looks great! I think I'm going to wait to purchase another time. 

I heard D say the products are good for 3 months unopened.  That's not very long! Usually unopened mascaras are good for 1-2 years per my understanding. Thoughts???

Then Kendy says stock up...

D said he made a small batch since he is still tweaking the amt of fibers for the primer. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I paused the last hour of the show and watching it now. The lash primer and mascara looks great! I think I'm going to wait to purchase another time. 

I heard D say the products are good for 3 months unopened.  That's not very long! Usually unopened mascaras are good for 1-2 years per my understanding. Thoughts???

D said he made a small batch since he is still tweaking the amt of fibers for the primer. 

@Chi-town girlCould he have meant 3 years instead of 3 months?  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girlCould he have meant 3 years instead of 3 months?  

@Linmo - no I don't think 3 yrs is accurate.  Mascara will dry out/change consistency even unopened after a couple of years. 

Maybe there is something in the fibers or formula that changes after 3 months even unopened. It was weird bc Kendy was pitching the 'we don't know when it's coming back' and no subscription so stock up. Um...then she kind of caught herself and said you can gift it, lol.

This is one product I would want on subscription so it's 'fresh'.

Maybe it will be presented again tmrw. I just want to know what others heard

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dimitri said "No, no two years on my mascara. Never will be either". He said it is because he refuses to use a preservative that most other mascara makers use because it has mercury in it. Being so close to the eye, he doesn't want it in his products to leech into his customers systems.

That is a frightening comment. He is so honest sometimes he says stuff he doesn't realize most people don't know (because he is a manufacturer for many brands).

I had no idea there was such a terrible preservative in mascara. Of course, then again, there are so many chemicals in make up, they could put anything in there and we would never know it. Scary.

Three months only for Dimitri's mascaras.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Dimitri said "No, no two years on my mascara. Never will be either". He said it is because he refuses to use a preservative that most other mascara makers use because it has mercury in it. Being so close to the eye, he doesn't want it in his products to leech into his customers systems.

That is a frightening comment. He is so honest sometimes he says stuff he doesn't realize most people don't know (because he is a manufacturer for many brands).

I had no idea there was such a terrible preservative in mascara. Of course, then again, there are so many chemicals in make up, they could put anything in there and we would never know it. Scary.

Two months only for Dimitri's mascaras.

Oh, wow! @gabstoomuch TY for the addtl details about the expiration.  I thought 3 months sounded too brief bc I'm used to mascaras that supposedly have 2 yr shelf life unopened. 

Kendy sn be telling customers to stock up.  Yes, buy 3 if you want,  but no more unless you're gifting it.

I bet he offers this on subscription in the future once he finishes tweaking the formula

Respected Contributor

Caught a glimpse of Dimitri last night, I think he looks great without his glasses and his new hairstyle! Total change! 

Between his weight loss a couple years back, and now his new do, and the contacts he looks great. 

As someone else mentioned here, he looks happy. I agree with that, he does. Good for him!

Love the products I do have from his line! Thinking about trying that new primer/mascara, since my lacking lashes could use all the help they can get! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Chi-town girlSorry that the code didn't work.  It was worth a try!  I was going back and forth about how many TTV sets to order.  Since I had the coupon, I ordered 3.  I can share the lip balms with my 2 daughters and have a nice stash of the serum.  Enjoy the shows!

I debated about a 3rd...hoping the serum continues to be sold on Evine or direct at Skinn. The new balm has a similar tint color to one of my favorite 6X balms - the strawberry daiquiri. It's a pretty tint.

Do you remember when Chaz had his long hair and how the forum was lit up with threads and ugly comments about his hair? They are like vultures here Woman Surprised Woman Sad

Yesterday I was reading a WEN thread where 2 customers were posting their dislike for certain scents. One calling a scent 'cat pee' and the other calling another one 'vomit' Woman LOL do some people experience reverse maturity when they age??? Woman LOL 

which coupon @Linmo?  

Valued Contributor

Goodbye, Dimitri! Goodbye, Evine!