Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - July Anniversary Shows (Thurs 7/19-Sun 7/22)

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I really don’t know how to determine the date but, my best guess is that my pore serums were made in 2015 and that is too old. The fact that the kit was stuck in a baggy made me suspicious. I think something else might have been made in 2016, another late in 2017, & the rest in 2018. 

@willdob3 - the dates on the bottom of the Skinn containers is manufacturing date. Year/month/date. My Pep40 supersized jars are dated 170930 = sept 30 2017 mfg date. 

If you are unsure about the dates or freshness of those serums, call Skinn CS. I personally would not accept a product as 'new' that was manufactured in 2015. Maybe Skinn CS can send you replacements for the serums instead of you returning the entire kit to Evine

@Chi-town girl

I received a voicemail from SKINN today saying that the number on their products is NOT the manufacture date, it is a batch code that has nothing to do with a date. 

Ok, they have been telling customers that. Probably do not want to send replacements especially with what they also sell (older product) on HL & Z. So we know that the batch code is the mfg. date, I know Dimitri addressed this a couple of years ago.  That's my story and I am sticking to it! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sommertime wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I really don’t know how to determine the date but, my best guess is that my pore serums were made in 2015 and that is too old. The fact that the kit was stuck in a baggy made me suspicious. I think something else might have been made in 2016, another late in 2017, & the rest in 2018. 

@willdob3 - the dates on the bottom of the Skinn containers is manufacturing date. Year/month/date. My Pep40 supersized jars are dated 170930 = sept 30 2017 mfg date. 

If you are unsure about the dates or freshness of those serums, call Skinn CS. I personally would not accept a product as 'new' that was manufactured in 2015. Maybe Skinn CS can send you replacements for the serums instead of you returning the entire kit to Evine

@Chi-town girl

I received a voicemail from SKINN today saying that the number on their products is NOT the manufacture date, it is a batch code that has nothing to do with a date. 

Ok, they have been telling customers that. Probably do not want to send replacements especially with what they also sell (older product) on HL & Z. So we know that the batch code is the mfg. date, I know Dimitri addressed this a couple of years ago.  That's my story and I am sticking to it! Woman Wink

@sommertime

Thanks. It is really pretty obvious they are dates. Any suggestions how I should respond?

She kept stating that everything they send to Evine is made fresh & is new product.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 Are you saying the old products are coming from Evine?

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

@willdob3 Are you saying the old products are coming from Evine?

@sommertime

Yes. All part of a Perfect Pore kit. The products were in a baggy instead of a box and that gave me pause at first glance. The two pore serums start with the number 15. As in manufactured in 2015.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I should call Evine and return the kit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 Ok, got it. That sounds familiar to me, as I also, purchased this "kit" and found that it was older product.  I think Evine is trying to clear out the warehouse of old items, reallllyyyy old items! I purchased the ER spray mist dbl. bottle set, and it was so old it smelled horrible. I dumped it then I thought I would call cs--Evine said to send it back, I couldn't since I already threw it away.

I then called Skinn cs and told them that E was sending out really old stuff and I wanted them to be aware of the problem, & they did not have anything to say.Could E getting rid of old stuff or Skinn packaging up old stuff in the baggies to sell to E for a deal hoping that the customers will not notice. (Note Skinn does send old stuff to HL & Z. for their sales.)

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl

@willdob3 - that's not correct! I always check for expiration or mfg dates on beauty items when I receive them and I am very familiar with the Skinn dating codes. 

My suggestion is just return the kit to Evine as expired and make sure they credit you for shipping both ways. They probably need to send you via email a return tag? Many of the orders I've recd from Evine do not have Smart Lsbels for returns.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

For anyone that purchased the 12p ABC peel kit, are you able to see a mfg date or expiration date? I can't find it.

Rec'd the DWP Body Butter and it's divine Heart. BTW, the mfg code on the bottom of the jar: 180725. That's why it was delayed shipping. - it was manufacured after the Anniversary shows! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri