Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics - April Shows (Thurs 4/19-Sat 4/21)

The host just said that the Pep 40 won all the awards they're showing on that counter. That's not strictly accurate.

The ingredients won the awards. So the cosmetics industry, such as In-Cosmetics, gave the awards to the ingredient manufacturers, and Dimitri's company bought some of those ingredients and put them in the product.

I think the host just misunderstood and misspoke. I don't think Dimitri claims all those awards as his.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

The host just said that the Pep 40 won all the awards they're showing on that counter. That's not strictly accurate.

The ingredients won the awards. So the cosmetics industry, such as In-Cosmetics, gave the awards to the ingredient manufacturers, and Dimitri's company bought some of those ingredients and put them in the product.

I think the host just misunderstood and misspoke. I don't think Dimitri claims all those awards as his.

This host Kendy is not the best IMO for Skinn shows. She's usually screaming 'stock up,  stock up, stock up' Woman Tongue Woman LOL 1 hour of her will be more than enuf for me Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

313 517 the Tinted Orchid Primer is currently airing now.

This can be a full coverage stand alone foundation or used sparingly as a primer base. I own this in the light and medium. It runs VERY, VERY light. I could easily use the Tawny as my (a comparable to) medium shade. I am a neutral light to medium skintone with a modicum of pink.

At the 19.99 try me price I wanted to share and specifically point out to all of you super uber fair skinned ladies who often struggle to find something light enough to match or compliment your skin tone...take a l👀k!!! 

@Sahmlam, I'm thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl Regarding Kendy:

I think it's a shame that the vendor can't pick the hosts to use to sell their products. I rarely watch EVINE but I'll tell you that anytime Kendy is on with SKINN I get the impression that 

1) she does not use the products

2) she would be great as a used car salesperson as she's that slick, that slimy.

There's a video attached to the Pep40 Serum that I was watching to learn more about it. It's Dimitri and Kendy. Fast forward to almost the end. Dimitri is showing the way to apply the product in your daily routine and as he's applying products he asks her for the Pep40 serum. She hands him the Pep40 CREAM. He repeats "Pep 40 Serum" over and over and over again. 5 times. His voice gets a tad louder each time. She's leaning over, yaking about this and that, buy more, how great it is and FINALLY he says "PEP40 SERUM" and she goes "oh,....here..HAHAHAA" and plops it in his hand and goes on talking.

I mean...WOW. Not impressed AT ALL.

In any event, I hate that to watch this show, I have to watch her fugly self. BLEH.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

Oy, just Oy. There's so many little train wreck on air it is hard to watch. Some of the hosts are great. Totally in synch, others not so much. Your post is loll funny though watching can be cringeworthy.

Did you see the post above yours?  I'd mentioned you but it didn't highlight for some reason.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  Thank you for the shout-out; I'm going to checkout the tinted primer now!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

Here's a really crummy picture of light and medium. I apologize, as I was challenged by the difficulty in taking a one handed photo and the lighting. Taken at night with soft overhead lights, which are yellow. But, what may be possibly key here is the differentiation in the depth and 

colors. I hope I'm expressing this correctly, but the fair could very well be two or three steps lighter. In real life the Light is Casper pale, almost white with a tinge of neutral color. I didn't see an on air demo of the fair shade. If they did swatches, I missed them. I'll try for a better pic in the daylight. The coverage is impressive.

20180404_195042-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl Regarding Kendy:

I think it's a shame that the vendor can't pick the hosts to use to sell their products. I rarely watch EVINE but I'll tell you that anytime Kendy is on with SKINN I get the impression that 

1) she does not use the products

2) she would be great as a used car salesperson as she's that slick, that slimy.

There's a video attached to the Pep40 Serum that I was watching to learn more about it. It's Dimitri and Kendy. Fast forward to almost the end. Dimitri is showing the way to apply the product in your daily routine and as he's applying products he asks her for the Pep40 serum. She hands him the Pep40 CREAM. He repeats "Pep 40 Serum" over and over and over again. 5 times. His voice gets a tad louder each time. She's leaning over, yaking about this and that, buy more, how great it is and FINALLY he says "PEP40 SERUM" and she goes "oh,....here..HAHAHAA" and plops it in his hand and goes on talking.

I mean...WOW. Not impressed AT ALL.

In any event, I hate that to watch this show, I have to watch her fugly self. BLEH.

Lol @SahmIam  Woman LOL I'm surprised that is the video they have posted for the serum. They must default to the most recent presentation.  

I didn't hear any sneak peek info for May besides the delayed Pep40 eye cream. They need to bring in a sufficient supply of that eye cream since they disappointed so many this visit, and they really can't (should not) make it a duo with the face cream given the focus of the face cream this visit. Either sell it as a single or bundle with the serum is my suggestion.  

Post reviews when you get a chance to try your goodies. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The posts about Kendy really made me laugh! I can remember when she was at the Q years ago, and even then I couldn't take watching her on air. Was happy when she left the Q, now see she landed on her feet at E.  The way her voice projects and is so loud, she is very hard to watch.

I love Dimitri with Heather.

@Chi-town girl I am also, holding onto my wallet this visit. I really do not need anything, plus if the show host is a pita I do not watch, thus do not buy!

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

The posts about Kendy really made me laugh! I can remember when she was at the Q years ago, and even then I couldn't take watching her on air. Was happy when she left the Q, now see she landed on her feet at E.  The way her voice projects and is so loud, she is very hard to watch.

I love Dimitri with Heather.

@Chi-town girl I am also, holding onto my wallet this visit. I really do not need anything, plus if the show host is a pita I do not watch, thus do not buy!

@sommertime - I too prefer Heather's hosting style. Interesting that on one of the initial Skinn shows this visit D said, note - I'm no longer telling you to 'stock up' and the reason he gave was something like the new products are stellar...well that doesn't make sense.  If the profucts are stellar and pricing is crazy good,  why not stock up!?!

Yet, there was Kendy in that 1st hour of the last block of shows yesterday saying stock up, get the small jars for travel and gifting and the large jars for yourself  lol  

What I think has happened is that customers did stock up on those multi item kits and then didn't shop as often afterwards. Sales dropped off until a new product launched or some crazy good deal.

Evine has a new CFO and I think that is one reason the approach/configuration of TTV's has changed. Selling just 1 SKU as a single or duo will 'force' more sales/transactions if you want companion components.  Well, it's actually causing another change in our shopping...we aren't shopping! I'm less willing to try something new with this strategy unless it is something that I have tested like the Pep40 items.

I did not DVR the final 2 hours so I don't know if anything else was shared about the May visit