Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn Cosmetics-Anniversary show reviews/discussion

@Rachb wrote:
When is free shipping day????

@Rachb Unfortunately Evine cardholders don't know when a FS day will be in advance. They might send an email the day before but sometimes they send it hours before it goes into affect. Also these days are not as frequent as they used to be; however they are worth the wait.

Last month I puchased a heater (451-087) that was already on sale for $16 with a shipping charge of $14. I didn't want to pay that expensive S&H even though the heater had already been significantly reduced. I decided to take a chance and see if it would still be available on their next FS day. It was. I kept expecting to receive an email saying they had oversold the item but instead I received my heater which also has a fan. Bonus!!! I would not have been able to use the FS for that item on the other shopping channels because they have exclusions.

Yesterday Evine had a "Get $10 Off" offer if you used their card. I used it on a $18 clearance item.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Ok Dazzlers. It seems the AM cleanser doesn't agree with me. I don't mind the smell but the cleanser burns and leaves me blotchy. Can I use the PM cleanser in the morning? Or is there another alternative?
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Ok Dazzlers. It seems the AM cleanser doesn't agree with me. I don't mind the smell but the cleanser burns and leaves me blotchy. Can I use the PM cleanser in the morning? Or is there another alternative?

@Rachb - sorry to hear that.  The theory is to use the PM for removing the remaining makeup and "dirt of the day", so to speak, and the AM is to mildly exfoliate with a small amounf of acids.  I don't know of any rules that say you absolutely can't use the PM in the morning and then use another product for your exfoliation. You could try it and see how your skin accepts your treatment products and makeup afterwards, then decide if it's for you or not.   If you want something a little lighter and a little foaming for the morning,  Alpha Hydrox has a Foaming Facial Wash that's good (and inexpensive).  I'm currently using PTR's Anti-aging cleanser, and like it, but it's pricey.  I just happened upon this bottle (before the Skinn Anniversary) at a really good price.  If you're looking for something super basic and gentle, but not creamy, you could try Purpose, Cetaphil, or CeraVe in the morning and then use something else for your exfoliation.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I had been reading about the PTR gel cleanser. After your comment, I just bought a 2 oz. on the bay.
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Thanks! I had been reading about the PTR gel cleanser. After your comment, I just bought a 2 oz. on the bay.

@Rachb - That's a great way to try things without having to invest a lot of money.  I hope you like it.  Ebay is a really good resource for some of our favorite products.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

@Rachb - That's a great way to try things without having to invest a lot of money.  I hope you like it.  Ebay is a really good resource for some of our favorite products.

Is that the orange cleanser from PTR?  I tried that and while it did a great job of removing makeup, after a few days of use, it was really drying my face out. 

My face never felt clean with the  Skinn PM cleanser.  It felt like there was a residue left...plus the smell it so cloyingly sweet.  I love the AM though.  I also love the Borhesee cleanser in the orange tube.  That really cleans off everything and does a good job on the pores.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

Is that the orange cleanser from PTR?  I tried that and while it did a great job of removing makeup, after a few days of use, it was really drying my face out. 

My face never felt clean with the  Skinn PM cleanser.  It felt like there was a residue left...plus the smell it so cloyingly sweet.  I love the AM though.  I also love the Borhesee cleanser in the orange tube.  That really cleans off everything and does a good job on the pores.

@tends2dogs The PTR Anti-Aging Cleanser is orange and smells a little peachy.  I've only used it as a morning cleanser, but have been for a good month or so.  It's been working fine for me.  I did get a chemical burn, if I can call it that, around my mouth from the PTR Moor Mud Mask though.  I'm still dealing with a little residual peeling from that, but it's almost cleared up.  

You're one of the first people I've heard with negative feelings toward the Skinn PM Cleanser.  I still use my favorite cleansing oil the majority of the time, but have used the Skinn PM a few times to cleanse and did a little mask treatement on the irritated skin from the PTR mask. I like it quite a bit.  The scent isn't offputting to me at all.  In fact, I really like it.  To me, the creamy texture feels very luxurious on my face.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

@tends2dogs The PTR Anti-Aging Cleanser is orange and smells a little peachy.  I've only used it as a morning cleanser, but have been for a good month or so.  It's been working fine for me.  I did get a chemical burn, if I can call it that, around my mouth from the PTR Moor Mud Mask though.  I'm still dealing with a little residual peeling from that, but it's almost cleared up.  

You're one of the first people I've heard with negative feelings toward the Skinn PM Cleanser.  I still use my favorite cleansing oil the majority of the time, but have used the Skinn PM a few times to cleanse and did a little mask treatement on the irritated skin from the PTR mask. I like it quite a bit.  The scent isn't offputting to me at all.  In fact, I really like it.  To me, the creamy texture feels very luxurious on my face.  

I know that I am in the minority about the PM cleanser.  I feel kind of disloyal not liking it LOL.  I don't care for sweet things and that could be my issue with the smell.  Sorry to hear about the Moor Mud masque.  I have been a bit curious about that.  I bought the mask kit from D on the last go around so I am set for awhile.  So far I have only tried the Deep Pore and EnergyEyes.  I am loving both.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Just got the Skinn Creme Extreme 12 Butter & Peptide Body Lotion I bought on the bay. I tried it on my arm. Feels greasy, with a greasy residue. And the scent. To me, it's sickeningly sweet (and I'm a Phil Fresh Cream fan.) I keep smelling it and find it to be getting on my nerves. I guess I'll pass it on to my sister-in-law.