Honored Contributor

Skinn Collengenisis 24 hour face cream

[ Edited ]

I wonder if this being still being sold....or is DJ discontinuing it?  I went to his website and there was none....EBay had a lot on of it and I wondered if it was being bought and sold on EBay because Skinn is getting rid of the back stock?  I reall like this face cream. It seems like a every time I like something DJ discontinues it.... I was using the Reorganize eye balm    And suddenly they discontinued that.....

makes me mad that he pushes something and tells us how much we need it....then it is gone.  I do not like the other rose balm he sells. It is not a good replacement for the eye balm but he says it is the replacement(?)

He needs to keep the favorites for the customers that like them. Makes me upset!

Super Contributor

Re: Skinn Collengenisis 24 hour face cream

I totally agree with you. I love the 24 hour cream too and it probably being discontinued. He has so many new lines that seem to get progressively more and more expensive. I have been a Skinn user for many many years and don't like the consant newest better than the rest attitude now. I am now using mainly Elizabeth Grant because I can count on my favorite cream being there when I need it. Sad to see that he seems to be all about the money now.

Honored Contributor

The original was reformulated awhile back and renamed to include the word "elite".  Some people like it and some say they prefer to original.  The newer one is available on Evine.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I was sending the original to my sister on a regular basis, and then when he changed it to the Elite,  she could not tolerate the smell. That changed too.   I had to stop sending and find something else that she liked.  Shame.

Respected Contributor

@cozyseekerwrote:

I totally agree with you. I love the 24 hour cream too and it probably being discontinued. He has so many new lines that seem to get progressively more and more expensive. I have been a Skinn user for many many years and don't like the consant newest better than the rest attitude now. I am now using mainly Elizabeth Grant because I can count on my favorite cream being there when I need it. Sad to see that he seems to be all about the money now.

Perhaps it is simply that he cares about improving his products for the highest efficacy?

Certainly nothing in life ever gets LESS expensive as time goes on, does it? Not housing, food, gas, so I can’t expect it from cosmetics either...I was at Nordstrom’s  yesterday and couldnt believe the prices of a single lipstick!,,,

If we all want our favorite creams to remain unchanged thru the years we probably need to go back to Ponds Cold Cream and Noxema...I am happy that his stuff keeps improving..If something changes and I no longer like it, I can be pretty sure he will make something I DO like!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Elizabeth Grant's line has Absolute Balm that is water free, but has shea butter and actives. It also has good reviews and is very affordable.

I'm going to look into this myself and for my DM who is 96 years old. She loves makeup and good skincare.