Contributor

Skinn Collegenis - terrible!!!

I purchased the Skinn Collegenis creme, used it for 3 days and now my face is a mess of breakouts and itchy as heck.  I have been washing it 3 times a day and only using Vit C serum (which I have used forever).  I have also been putting Cortizone creme on my face.  Has anyone else had issues with this creme???

Valued Contributor

Re: Skinn Collegenis - terrible!!!

@Gemmy wrote:

I purchased the Skinn Collegenis creme, used it for 3 days and now my face is a mess of breakouts and itchy as heck.  I have been washing it 3 times a day and only using Vit C serum (which I have used forever).  I have also been putting Cortizone creme on my face.  Has anyone else had issues with this creme???

@Gemmy, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a horrible reaction.  Did you use the Youth Preservation Cream or the Deep Wrinkle Protocol Cream (in the blue jar)?

My own facial skin is still somewhat oily and blemish-prone, so I can't use the Youth Preservation Cream (the yellow one).  I can use the DWP cream, because it's not as emollinent.

Since you specifically mention being itchy, it sounds to me like an allergic reaction.  In any case, I would stop using it immediately.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Trusted Contributor

I had the exact same issue. It's been way over a year, maybe 2. Threw that away and never ordered skin care from his line again. I do like the lip fix serum. Not exactly sure of the name but very moisturizing. 

Respected Contributor

Skinn products are not for me - at all.  They are way too heavy and greasy for my skin.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

No product is right for everybody. Did you do a patch test first for a few days to see how your skin reacted to it?  How foolish to put some new product all over your face with out testing it. 

I use this skin cream ond love it!  No problems.  But that is me. I did patch test it on my neck tor two days as I do every new product I  try. I hope your skin clears up. But you need to be more careful.

Respected Contributor

I use to love the youth preservation cream until they changed the formula. It was my holy grail for winter.  It is a heavy cream but it was perfect for my dry skin.  I no longer use it. 

I dont know what he put in the new stuff. That is what may be giving you a reaction. 

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like an allergic reaction. I have used it for a long time, and I absolutely love it. I exfoliate regularly and the product just sinks in and leaves my skin feeling so plump and hydrated. Hope your skin clears soon! 

Honored Contributor

Whatever the actual product was (you didn't really say), I'm sorry it didn't work for you Gemmy, but just because it didn't doesn't make it a terrible product.  It's important for consumers to take responsibility and check ingredients.  A lot of people use Skinn products very successfully, me included. 

Respected Contributor

You don't specifically name the offending creme/cream, @Gemmy , but if I had to guess it would be the 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream Elite.  When this item was introduced to replace the original formula last year some ladies did experience a sensitivity to the formula much as you describe.  I hope your skin is calming down and that you'll be back to normal soon.  As someone who's trusted Dimitri with my skin since before it was named Skinn, I can vouch for the brand quality as a whole.  Sensitivities to ingredients happen across all brands so this experience just confirms how important it is for us to test new items before jumping in.Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Contributor

Sorry about that - I should have said Terrible for me.  It was the 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream and I have other Skinn products that are fine.  I really like his 6X lip products and his eye cream.  But for some reason I had a terrible reaction to this cream. I don't usually have sensitive skin and have used many different creams, so I think I will go back to my philosophy Miracle Worker.